ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts from Ames

I do not agree at all. With the exception of their end zone(and ours will as nice or better) we are kicking their ass in facilities.

AS of today but admit it - Barta feel asleep at the wheel.
He needs to do the North endzone like ISCC did.

You do realize Iowa is going to renovate the North end zone soon?
That should be apparent; pretty much every time ISU does something to improve facilities, Iowa immediately does the same thing, only costlier.

It's been proposed. Money has been asked for They'll ramp it up after football season is over. It's been in the works longer than ISU's renovations have been. They needed to get through the most recent expenditures and renovations, which were well over the initial $100MM they talked about. Call that phase one I guess. Athletic dorms, end zone renovation, I can't remember all of the rest. I had thought some additional premium seating. That's this phase. My head just starts to spin, and I grow even angrier are academia and liberals, so I disengaged from it after their first ask.

It's funny. the Foundation told me they couldn't service smaller donors, even including Kinnick Society. Not worth it, the tv money is far greater. I think the B1G's cut to Iowa grows in either 16 or 17 by a lot. Again, I don't remember it all.

Almost all of this is public.

Reactions: ichawk24
That should be apparent; pretty much every time ISU does something to improve facilities, Iowa immediately does the same thing, only costlier.

You mean isu goes half way and Iowa shows them now to do it right. Of course we also must ignore Iowa did its South End Zone years ago and upgraded the press box so it wouldn't be confused with one at a high school stadium.

Of course clone fans will tell us just how awesome isu really is.

It's been proposed. Money has been asked for They'll ramp it up after football season is over. It's been in the works longer than ISU's renovations have been. They needed to get through the most recent expenditures and renovations, which were well over the initial $100MM they talked about. Call that phase one I guess. Athletic dorms, end zone renovation, I can't remember all of the rest. I had thought some additional premium seating. That's this phase. My head just starts to spin, and I grow even angrier are academia and liberals, so I disengaged from it after their first ask.

It's funny. the Foundation told me they couldn't service smaller donors, even including Kinnick Society. Not worth it, the tv money is far greater. I think the B1G's cut to Iowa grows in either 16 or 17 by a lot. Again, I don't remember it all.

Almost all of this is public.

Big 10 $$$ to the schools in the future is looking huge. Mary and especially Rutgers looked pretty dumb but hand it to Delaney - the B1ON is a cash cow that is getting larger. Started with garbage sports and Rotel commercials. Combo'd now with ESPN/ABC and the $$ are staggering.
I think a couple years ago I read Indiana made more from the Big 10 revenue sharing than NDame did on their TV deals and the gap was going to grow dramatically. ND's only hope was BCS type bowls every year. Not that it's a school that really needs $$ anyway.

Big 10 $$$ to the schools in the future is looking huge. Mary and especially Rutgers looked pretty dumb but hand it to Delaney - the B1ON is a cash cow that is getting larger. Started with garbage sports and Rotel commercials. Combo'd now with ESPN/ABC and the $$ are staggering.
I think a couple years ago I read Indiana made more from the Big 10 revenue sharing than NDame did on their TV deals and the gap was going to grow dramatically. ND's only hope was BCS type bowls every year. Not that it's a school that really needs $$ anyway.

Yes. I stopped donating and now I get single game tickets through another donor. Less expensive. The kicker? Better seats. Almost always times between the 40's for face value. I know a guy that has given over $100K. He's down in Florida now, so he didn't give the last several seasons. They busted his chops. Unbelievable really, but true. You'd think a university with a business school that teaches marketing response would have been, "that's o.k. Keep us in mind and thinks for all of your support" Nope. Stunning.

Ah well, I do support the team, and I like this year's group of guys. If you think about it, if you were giveing $5,500 a year and made $100K, that's 5.5% of your pretax income. I don't do badly, but I got smart about it. And $5,500 is small potatoes. I have more fun now not worrying about donating, parking, tailgating, etc. I've rally grown to like the away games better anyhow. Unfortunately no really good trips this year. Hop in my friends motorhome and go. Split the fuel and buy the steak dinners. And I still got o every game for much less than I used to spend to sit on the 25.

They're really trying to wreck college football, which has always been a go to event, unlike the NFL which is mostly a t.v. event.

With the nine game big ten schedule coming up, I'd like to see us do the ISU game every other year. It's a good rivalry to keep going, but i want some other home and homes. If the only power 5 conference teams we will ever see are ISU and big ten teams....that needs to change.
This. 4 times every 10 years is how much I want to play ISU. I want to play other power 5 conference opponents. I hate the ISU game, to be perfectly honest. I like playing Pitt much more than ISU.

So is that why Iowa improved their press box or put up new giant scoreboard in south end zone. Yes I'm sure U of I was thinking wow after getting that awesome looking over pass sign they call a scoreboard in Ames we need to one up them.

Get off your high horse if you think Iowa only improves facilities to one up ISU.

Last edited:
The thing I would worry about as an Iowa State fan is that they are really dead in the water as a program right now because their recruiting is actually getting worse and their depth is horrible. I think they have to fire Rhoads this year if they don't get to a bowl game.

Reactions: noStemsnoSTICKS
The thing I would worry about as an Iowa State fan is that they are really dead in the water as a program right now because their recruiting is actually getting worse and their depth is horrible. I think they have to fire Rhoads this year if they don't get to a bowl game.
Trust me, that's what I'm worried about as an Iowa State fan, too. You got that one right. Although depth is better than it's been for a couple of years.

Trust me, that's what I'm worried about as an Iowa State fan, too. You got that one right. Although depth is better than it's been for a couple of years.

Yeah, Iowa State has great depth at receiver and some solid depth at CB and some ok depth on the dline.

I can see Iowa State having a chance at a bowl game this year because the Big 12 appears to be a little down this year. OSU is good but not great, KSU has question marks, Tech can score but still no D, KU is horrendous, and West Virginia is always up and down.

Yeah, Iowa State has great depth at receiver and some solid depth at CB and some ok depth on the dline.

I can see Iowa State having a chance at a bowl game this year because the Big 12 appears to be a little down this year. OSU is good but not great, KSU has question marks, Tech can score but still no D, KU is horrendous, and West Virginia is always up and down.

For some perspective ... For ISU to make a bowl game this year would require five more wins. If we give them the W against Toledo that would mean the Clones must go 4-5 in the Big 12 to reach a bowl game. Paul Rhoads best Big 12 record ... 3-6.

Oh, I was wondering why Iowa is doing a renovation to their baseball stadium. Makes more sense now. Do you have any pictures of the recent renovations to Cap Timm Field that Iowa trying to keep up with?

Oh, I was wondering why Iowa is doing a renovation to their baseball stadium. Makes more sense now. Do you have any pictures of the recent renovations to Cap Timm Field that Iowa trying to keep up with?
So you can't read, either. Sigh, again.

Lone Clone - please just go to cyclonefanatic and talk to people who care.

I think we have better players and better depth than the last two years. What worries me is that unless some Big 12 teams take a step back, there just aren't many opportunities for wins.

For perspective, I don't think Iowa State and Iowa are that far apart. Iowa was one of 5 games that I thought we had a chance to win prior to the season and it was still tied late in the 4th. (Now if the rest of the season looks like the 2nd half for both teams, I will change my opinion, so hold your attacks.)

I am hopeful that Texas, Kansas State or some of the other 7 teams that I thought we had no chance against will be worse than expected and provide an opportunity for more wins. Right now that looks more plausible that it did preseason. But not if Iowa State can't get a running game going.

If you were trying to be sarcastic or get some other point across. Sigh you failed miserably again...

I think we have better players and better depth than the last two years. What worries me is that unless some Big 12 teams take a step back, there just aren't many opportunities for wins.

For perspective, I don't think Iowa State and Iowa are that far apart. Iowa was one of 5 games that I thought we had a chance to win prior to the season and it was still tied late in the 4th. (Now if the rest of the season looks like the 2nd half for both teams, I will change my opinion, so hold your attacks.)

I am hopeful that Texas, Kansas State or some of the other 7 teams that I thought we had no chance against will be worse than expected and provide an opportunity for more wins. Right now that looks more plausible that it did preseason. But not if Iowa State can't get a running game going.

Yeah
Keep building up the Big 12.
If last years bowls and NCAA tourney didn't convince you it's the countries largest pillow fight.

Yeah
Keep building up the Big 12.
If last years bowls and NCAA tourney didn't convince you it's the countries largest pillow fight.
Well if you are going to make a factual point, you need to look at all non-conference competition. The Big 12 cleaned up and was the reason they were ranked as the toughest conference going in to the NCAA tourney, as well has having a good preseason non-conference record in football. But what I'm talking about is really good teams, not necessarily great teams. The computer rankings had 7 or 8 of the Big 12 teams highly ranked.

I know Hawkeye fans think he fabricates this stuff, but a Cyclone fan that analyzes computer rankings has been telling Cyclone fans our chance of a bowl just isn't going to happen. He says it would require us to be a top 30 team to win the minimum number of games. Now that is mostly based on early computer rankings, some of which still have last year's data in them this early in the season. Hawkeyes don't like what he has to say, but on the confidential board, many Cyclone fans don't either.

It's a rivalry game. We'll play it again next year. I'm of the belief that it could be a decent win by the end of the season. We're not playing each other again tomorrow. Now I know why Democrats keep getting elected. Give it up people, Iowa is 2-0, ISU is 1-1. Lots of football left that doesn't involve one another.

If you were trying to be sarcastic or get some other point across. Sigh you failed miserably again...
I didn't say Iowa ONLY acted after ISU had done so. I said that when ISU does something, Iowa can pretty much be counted upon to do something similar, only more expensive.

The sigh was because of the reading comprehension here, which is a continuing problem.

Pitt is an isu? Nope Pitt has won a conference championship more recently than 1912. They even had to win more than 2 games to do it unlike isu's last conference championship in football.
100, get a new hard drive or get some different meds for Christ sake. Sitting in your basement and just waiting until you can wig out in a thread that mentions ISU is no existence.

100, get a new hard drive or get some different meds for Christ sake. Sitting in your basement and just waiting until you can wig out in a thread that mentions ISU is no existence.

Awe isn't that cute, clone fan loses it when someone takes away their SOS blanky.

Keep posting on a Hawkeye web site, your little brother syndrome just can't help it.

Well if you are going to make a factual point, you need to look at all non-conference competition. The Big 12 cleaned up and was the reason they were ranked as the toughest conference going in to the NCAA tourney, as well has having a good preseason non-conference record in football. But what I'm talking about is really good teams, not necessarily great teams. The computer rankings had 7 or 8 of the Big 12 teams highly ranked.

I know Hawkeye fans think he fabricates this stuff, but a Cyclone fan that analyzes computer rankings has been telling Cyclone fans our chance of a bowl just isn't going to happen. He says it would require us to be a top 30 team to win the minimum number of games. Now that is mostly based on early computer rankings, some of which still have last year's data in them this early in the season. Hawkeyes don't like what he has to say, but on the confidential board, many Cyclone fans don't either.

Yeah - those hugh Dec wins the Big 12 has in Dec really shows the strength.
Play some defense and get back to us...

I didn't say Iowa ONLY acted after ISU had done so. I said that when ISU does something, Iowa can pretty much be counted upon to do something similar, only more expensive.

The sigh was because of the reading comprehension here, which is a continuing problem.
I think you need to tap out on this one. I got it, did you? Iowa is doing a ton of renovations. They have, or are renovating practically everything. It would be hard not to do some of the work after ISU, and practically everything they do costs more than what ISU does. The example I gave was baseball, but your "reading comprehension" couldn't pick up on the reason I gave that example. Hell, Iowa is building an 85 million dollar dorm that is clearly a recruiting tool. To think ISU had a significant effect any of that is silly (other than the North end zone renovation. That may have been tacked on because of ISU, I have no idea, but it seems possible.) They have been talking about a basketball practice facility, and football facility forever. It's not like ISU did those things and Iowa all of a sudden decided they had better do it too. I'm pretty sure Iowa opened their golf facility before ISU. Why did ISU have to follow that up?

Yes, Iowa has done some things after ISU, and done them on a larger scale. The reason is because they are RENOVATING/BUILDING EVERYTHING. Iowa is trying compete, not lag a reasonable distance behind.

You are the only one that seems to be having an issue with your definition of reading comprehension. Although, it's a stretch to use that term with anyone in this case.

I think you need to tap out on this one. I got it, did you? Iowa is doing a ton of renovations. They have, or are renovating practically everything. It would be hard not to do some of the work after ISU, and practically everything they do costs more than what ISU does. The example I gave was baseball, but your "reading comprehension" couldn't pick up on the reason I gave that example. Hell, Iowa is building an 85 million dollar dorm that is clearly a recruiting tool. To think ISU had a significant effect any that is silly (other than the North end zone renovation. That may have been tacked on because of ISU, I have no idea, but it seems possible.) They have been talking about a basketball practice facility, and football facility forever. It's not like ISU did those things and Iowa all of a sudden decided they had better do it too. I'm pretty sure Iowa opened their golf facility before ISU. Why did ISU have to follow that up?

Yes, Iowa has done some things after ISU, and done them on a larger scale. The reason is because they are RENOVATING/BUILDING EVERYTHING. Iowa is trying compete, not lag a reasonable distance behind.

You are the only one that seems to be having an issue with your definition of reading comprehension. Although, it's a stretch to use that term with anyone in this case.

LC owned again.

I think you need to tap out on this one. I got it, did you? Iowa is doing a ton of renovations. They have, or are renovating practically everything. It would be hard not to do some of the work after ISU, and practically everything they do costs more than what ISU does. The example I gave was baseball, but your "reading comprehension" couldn't pick up on the reason I gave that example. Hell, Iowa is building an 85 million dollar dorm that is clearly a recruiting tool. To think ISU had a significant effect any of that is silly (other than the North end zone renovation. That may have been tacked on because of ISU, I have no idea, but it seems possible.) They have been talking about a basketball practice facility, and football facility forever. It's not like ISU did those things and Iowa all of a sudden decided they had better do it too. I'm pretty sure Iowa opened their golf facility before ISU. Why did ISU have to follow that up?

If you can't read, I can't help you. I understood what you were trying to say about baseball, but it just revealed that you didn't understand what I wrote.

And off the top of my head, I thought the ISU golf facility was opened before the SUI one....but I have no idea if that is correct. It's just my impression. And having checked, I see I was wrong. Iowa's was built in 2012, ISU's the next year.

Finally, I think you are smart enough, despite your reading problems, to understand that my comment had a healthy dose of hyperbole. I realize that the Iowa people don't sit over there in Iowa City, waiting for ISU to do something so they can do it, too.

Your impression was wrong? Does that happen much more frequently or is it significant? Sorry you have given me a time out on those questions since answering those would have an impact on your previous impressions that may or may not have been incorrect.

Your impression was wrong? Does that happen much more frequently or is it significant? Sorry you have given me a time out on those questions since answering those would have an impact on your previous impressions that may or may not have been incorrect.
You haven't gotten over the other thread yet? That's ancient history. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT