ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Scott drops out of the 2024 presidential race

Sarcastic Oh No GIF by CBC

How many left by Iowa caucus? Assume Trump, DeSantis and Haley. Wildcard is Vivek as he’ll keep wanting tne publicity.

Enjoyed the interview with his campaign advisor in the spring that touted how well respected and admired he was by the GOP voters. When pressed why it wasn’t showing up in the polls in terms of support the evasiveness of the answers were funny.

Reactions: cigaretteman
The reason Scott is liked is the same reason he won't get super far into a race like this. He's genuinely nice and reserved which is a nice change of pace in the current political landscape. Problem is he lacks personality. I assume he was testing the waters to show interest in a cabinet position possibly.

Can't wait for that fat Turd Christie to drop out. Hopefully that war monger Hailey with him too.

Can you explain how an old-school conservative was unable to gain any traction for his campaign?
I dont think he was well known at the outset. This is his first go round as a Presidential candidate. I also think his policy prescriptions aren't really any different than the others that are much more well known. So it was hard to set himself apart.

Next time perhaps.

He'd be an excellent VP candidate. Too bad he wasnt from a blue state.

The reason Scott is liked is the same reason he won't get super far into a race like this. He's genuinely nice and reserved which is a nice change of pace in the current political landscape. Problem is he lacks personality. I assume he was testing the waters to show interest in a cabinet position possibly.

Can't wait for that fat Turd Christie to drop out. Hopefully that war monger Hailey with him too.
Christie is wasting his time. Go back to being a pundit. Trump will never step on the primary debate stage. All he does is take support from someone trying to take down Trump in the primaries.

I dont think he was well known at the outset. This is his first go round as a Presidential candidate. I also think his policy prescriptions aren't really any different than the others that are much more well known. So it was hard to set himself apart.

Next time perhaps.

He'd be an excellent VP candidate. Too bad he wasnt from a blue state.
He gave the keynote nomination speech for Trump’s reelection. He was known it’s just the he’s not loud or crazy enough to get any attention.

He was known it’s just the he’s not loud or crazy enough to get any attention.
Known, sure. Presidential candidate level known? Not at all.

Crazy? Yeah that's it. So you think Haley and DeSantis are loud and/or crazy? Maybe Trump is but I don't think that speaks to the rest of the lineup. Like at all. Vivek tries to be loud but his shtick is wearing thin on many. And I was a big fan prior to the debates and the Israel/Hamas war.

Let's see, on the Left.....Bernie Sanders. Gavin Newsome, Gretchen Whitmer. I think y'all have a fair amount more of crazy on your side vying for the limelight if you ask me.

Can you explain how an old-school conservative was unable to gain any traction for his campaign?

A very likeable candidate who I believe is as genuine as they come.

He lacked a bit in the tenacity category and it showed in the debates. In fact he drifted into the background in all three debates.

We need more people like him in office.

He lacked a bit in the tenacity category and it showed in the debates. In fact he drifted into the background in all three debates.

If more republicans were like him I think the GOP would be in better shape overall.

Known, sure. Presidential candidate level known? Not at all.

Crazy? Yeah that's it. So you think Haley and DeSantis are loud and/or crazy? Maybe Trump is but I don't think that speaks to the rest of the lineup. Like at all. Vivek tries to be loud but his shtick is wearing thin on many. And I was a big fan prior to the debates and the Israel/Hamas war.

Let's see, on the Left.....Bernie Sanders. Gavin Newsome, Gretchen Whitmer. I think y'all have a fair amount more of crazy on your side vying for the limelight if you ask me.
Bernie is nuts . The other two meh. U just disagree with them. Vivek, Trump, DeSantis try to out grievance each other on the campaign. The only normal candidtate with significant support is Haley. We’re going to have different POV on what’s normal though. Which is fine.

Bernie is nuts . The other two meh. U just disagree with them. Vivek, Trump, DeSantis try to out grievance each other on the campaign. The only normal candidtate with significant support is Haley. We’re going to have different POV on what’s normal though. Which is fine.
Sure. But Whitmer is crazy. Look at her. She has the 'crazy eyes'.

• Haha
Reactions: tumorboy
Sure. But Whitmer is crazy. Look at her. She has the 'crazy eyes'.
I do think a lot of what DeSantis does is an act. A really dumb one. But either he or Haley are a much better option than Trump. Wish they’d both merge their support and try to take down the beast.

More people like Scott in office and you Republicans would be less likely to riot in the streets and try to overthrow the government, that's for sure.

ok i was wondering if you were completely unserious naming newsom and whitmer, thank you for confirming
No Im dead serious. Whitmer>>>>>>Newsome however. Newsome crazy leftist. Not mentally per se.. Would LOVE to see him run against anyone on the right.

More people like Manchin in office and you Democrats would be less likely to burn and loot after a ginned up racial narrative, that's for sure.
Good point. There was no racism in America under Trump. Then Biden took over and guys like Scott couldn't get a fair shake in the GOP anymore. They even called him the N word.

What Trump does is an act. DeSeantis is as real as it gets.
DeSantis ignorance or playing to the red meat crowd is an act. He’s a well educated politician who isn’t intentionally ignorant. Trump is authentically ignorant and just doesn’t care about anything but himself.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Good. It's too bad they don't even have one decent person running. Of course if a person was decent, he would have any republican support.
You wouldn't think any of the possibilities are decent, let's be real.

I suppose you're one of those only good Republican is Romney 2.0, Liz Cheney and Kasich?

Romney 1.0 was virtually assassinated when he ran. From the 'binders full of women' to the dog story. You guys target mercilessly any R the R's run. Until they are dead or aren't running again. So as soon as you start letting me pick your teams candidate, you can pick ours.

(Manchin, Lieberman, Alan Dershowitz, Bill Maher as examples of acceptable liberals)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT