ADVERTISEMENT

Time to recruit, Lisa.

The time to recruit in the portal was last year.

It was obvious we needed to find a viable BIG and beef up the bench.

When you are blessed to have a generational talent on your team, you go for broke to add the necessary pieces

We failed to do so.

Still, it was a great season, but!
Yeah, even though we didn't need her to get back to the national championship game, landing Lauren Betts would've made a huge difference for this game specifically.

But she wanted to go to UCLA........fart noises.

There are a few very good threads on recruiting, Iowa targets, etc. Lisa is swinging for the fences on the recruiting front, Hopefully she can land a few more!

Next to landing Caitlin.... This is the most important moment of Lisa's coaching career.

Back-to-back championship game appearances can catapult to future championships.

ALL the momentum in the world right now and a great environment to WIN.

Thanks for the memories Seniors! Hopefully they get a chance to return and celebrate a future Hawkeye championship!

The time to recruit in the portal was last year.

It was obvious we needed to find a viable BIG and beef up the bench.

When you are blessed to have a generational talent on your team, you go for broke to add the necessary pieces

We failed to do so.

Still, it was a great season, but!
Also winner.

She's been going after the big dogs for awhile. We have a top 10 class coming in. Our entire team is almost all 4*. We have big names with Deal.
This is the correct answer. Next year will probably be a top 25 team but a little bit of a rebuild with guard play. The year afterwards, with the way we've been recruiting under Bluder recently, we'll probably be in the top 10 going forward.

If we get other top players now, we're only going to be better than projected, which is still in a great category. Add in Greenway and others we're in on, yeah, Iowa WBB has already arrived. Don't let next year fool anyone, which we'll still be good, we'll be really good going forward. The roots are already established.

I'm holding out hope that high school girls all around the country will see how passionate our fanbase can be and it will make them want to be on the same stage as this team was.

You can't buy they hype and promotion that Iowa has received.

A 5 star player may have watched the game today and said.... I want to play for Lisa and WIN the championship.

Elite players are motivated to do something that NO one (even Caitlin Clarke) has done. IF the situation is good and you have a player 1st coach like Lisa!

A 5 star player may have watched the game today and said.... I want to play for Lisa and WIN the championship.

Elite players are motivated to do something that NO one (even Caitlin Clarke) has done. IF the situation is good and you have a player 1st coach like Lisa!
Yessir! Getting to two straight titles and having what is likely the best to ever do it come here might just be a recipe for future success.

I respect the fact that Lisa and co. are extremely protective of their culture. That makes you a little more hesitant to bring in a transfer. We also had a ton of talent coming back.
However, I believe there are plenty of talented players in the portal who would not be culture killers, or at the very least, be able to be molded into the Iowa culture with some coaching.
We have a strong '25. To keep the train rolling we have big needs to get past a Sweet 16: a great post and a great PG.
I believe Lisa will see the exodus of talent and leadership and work hard to bring in a transfer or two.

I’m not sure I believe your 2nd to last sentence. Historically that just hasn’t been true. Only recently have we started to see that with CC and JuJu going to schools that haven’t been elite in decades. Most of the elite players the past 30 years have gone to a handful of select schools, which has led to a lot of boring basketball tournaments. Even now SC, UConn, LSU, and Stanford’s benches are stocked with 4 and 5 star talent that would have been huge contributors at Iowa this season.

I love the sportscasters saying that fans love to watch a winning team on a super long streak to see if they can break records. Sure, that pulls in some viewers to watch. But those are mostly people already fans of the sport. A superstar doing things nobody else has seen before, and doing it at a school that isn’t a blue blood, is the thing that pulled in viewers that had never watched a women’s basketball game on television previously. And pulled in record amounts of fans that had never bought a ticket to a women’s basketball game before.

The fact that she did this at some, in the WBB world, nobody school is the insane thing. I hope that more girls moving forward are inspired to try to blaze their own trail rather than just being one of the crowd at a blue blood. It would be far better for the sport.

I'm holding out hope that high school girls all around the country will see how passionate our fanbase can be and it will make them want to be on the same stage as this team was.
I don't want to hear any BS about our passionate fan base when every other week there's some thread about refusing to give a dollar to NIL. We want to play ball and become UCONN? And not pay any NIL? And do it the right way? Delusional.

If that's the route you want to go then you better pray CC becomes richer than god and she harbors this grudge forever.

I don't want to hear any BS about our passionate fan base when every other week there's some thread about refusing to give a dollar to NIL. We want to play ball and become UCONN? And not pay any NIL? And do it the right way? Delusional.

If that's the route you want to go then you better pray CC becomes richer than god and she harbors this grudge forever.

Yessir! Getting to two straight titles and having what is likely the best to ever do it come here might just be a recipe for future success.
Two words. Mississippi State. It's monumentally difficult to keep going without the $$$. Why do you think USC can just become instantly stacked after years of mediocrity?

Reactions: Sexican
Yep, Iowa definitely needs more size.

Still impressed with how Iowa hung with South Carolina for most of the game.
I agree with you about Iowa hanging in there and having a couple of 2nd half runs. I think the hawks were down 5 or 6 with 3-4 minutes to play when Affolter came up with a lose USC forecourt pass. Sydney started dribbling toward her hoop but should have held up as she was surrounded. Eventually they poked the ball from her.

If the hawks cut it to 3 or 4 pt lead right there that could have given them a boost. In the end too many over the backs by USC, did I just say that, and some poorer shooting by Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT