ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU PBP

Ironside says lack of bonus points was a difference in this meet.
Impressed with Bowman and Lee.
Lee showed how good he really truly is.
Marinelli's mental state and orneriness was special.
Iowa gets 4 wins today.
Michigan coming to town next weekend. They are ranked right next to us. Will be fun great dual meet with great matchups.
Artic Plunge after the meet.
Ironside is excited about this Hawkeye team.
Now they have a plane to catch.
Talk to you Saturday.
5:00 PM start time.

Ironside says lack of bonus points was a difference in this meet.
Impressed with Bowman and Lee.
Lee showed how good he really truly is.
Marinelli's mental state and orneriness was special.
Iowa gets 4 wins today.
Michigan coming to town next weekend. They are ranked right next to us. Will be fun great dual meet with great matchups.
Artic Plunge after the meet.
Ironside is excited about this Hawkeye team.
Now they have a plane to catch.
Talk to you Saturday.
5:00 PM start time.
Ironside called Spencer Lee and Alex Marinelli the CoMVPs of the meet. Really liked how the guys fought today even in a losing effort mentioning Bowman and young I believe he called Marinelli a freaking stud.

Reactions: Dagboi and Grip220
" You play to win the game " !!!! Remember that famous saying? Guess Tan Tom Brands doesn't. As disappointing as when Tan Tom Ryan does it. Why college wrestling will remain a 'niche' pay per view sport on Flo and BTN plus for a very long time.

I don’t have a problem with sitting Stoll.

My problem is when another team sits a wrestler and other fans start to boo-hoo that decision(s). Stating “it’s bad for the sport” but it’s a “smart” or “just make sense” decisions when their team does.

One of the biggest duals of the year, and the coach sits the guy who has the chance to be the hero, and win the big match.

Just wait til March !! Maybe Iowa can get 4th and Stoll get 2nd or 3rd.
First place? Nah, too hard.

Remember the movie 'Twins' w Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito? Thats Tan Tom Ryan and Bland Tom Brands.

" You play to win the game " !!!! Remember that famous saying? Guess Tan Tom Brands doesn't. As disappointing as when Tan Tom Ryan does it. Why college wrestling will remain a 'niche' pay per view sport on Flo and BTN plus for a very long time.
Your an Idiot first off that’s not a famous saying at all second Stoll is not 100% and both his knee injuries happened against low shooting guys why risk it when it’s Snyder third you know nothing about the sport go troll elsewhere nobody here cares what you think jack....

. Sorry you feel this way I’m sure we could go back to hyping the Rutgers / Iowa dual, if you’d prefer.

I was rooting for Iowa in this match, as in most matches. Just hate when coaches hurt the sport.

Guys guy Gross go up a weight , good for the sport, Coaches like Tan Tom Ryan and Bland Tom Brands sit guys in crucial situations , to save seeds or egos.

Your an Idiot first off that’s not a famous saying at all second Stoll is not 100% and both his knee injuries happened against low shooting guys why risk it when it’s Snyder third you know nothing about the sport go troll elsewhere nobody here cares what you think jack....

Stoll's knees are soooo fragile , he's only wrestled about 10 times in the last 6 weeks:

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/19955/stoll-sam/profile

You poor unfortunate soul I feel sorry for your dumbass as you no NOTHING about this sport.

Reactions: hoythawk
Stoll's knees are soooo fragile , he's only wrestled about 10 times in the last 6 weeks:

Brands was doing what’s best for the wrestler period it had nothing to do with rankings at all if Stoll looses to Snyder his ranking does not change. Making a decision based on the health of a athlete and his history with more than just one major knee injury is smart and great coaching now go away..

Reactions: menges00
One of the biggest duals of the year, and the coach sits the guy who has the chance to be the hero, and win the big match.

Just wait til March !! Maybe Iowa can get 4th and Stoll get 2nd or 3rd.
First place? Nah, too hard.

Remember the movie 'Twins' w Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito? Thats Tan Tom Ryan and Bland Tom Brands.
You are trying way too hard. Does it still hurt that bad that what all the so called experts were saying would be a bad Iowa team beat the greatest Rutgers team?

Since you like movie quotes remember the quote from the movie where Tom Hanks was the coach of a ladies wrestling team? “There’s no crying in wrestling.” Toughen up buttercup.

Protecting from injury is different than protecting seeds.

Then why has Brands have Stoll wrestling all these other matches recently?
Maybe you need to apply for a head coaching job somewhere. Let's take the chance he gets injured when there is no common sense to wrestle him except to please a few fans on this forum. IMO :rolleyes: I would bet there are more coaches that would do the same thing then take a chance with his history of injury..

Ironside called Spencer Lee and Alex Marinelli the CoMVPs of the meet. Really liked how the guys fought today even in a losing effort mentioning Bowman and young I believe he called Marinelli a freaking stud.

I see no rom for complaint on any of our wrestlers' performance. They all did as well as they could reasonably have expected. And several did better than you could have asked. We just aren't nearly as good as tOSU.

Don’t stop posting your retorts. I’m playing “HR troll bingo” and so far I’ve got the following squares covered:
1) “makes up stupid nickname for coach”
2) “says I’m just a big college wrestling fan and Iowa is my second favorite team”
3) “posts a response within five minutes of being quoted.”

And with the free space I either need
A) “ignores to answer any questions directed his way”
Or
B) “uses the term indefinite suspension”

Weak. Just as weak as when Tan Tom sits his guys to protect seeds or a fragile ego.

Why? Its not like he was protecting Stoll's seed or that Stoll had a chance of beating the best wrestler in the world. It probably would have been the same result but with Sam being put in all kinds of odd positions. He has season ending injuries the last two years in duals. I would really like to see Sam get a shot at an AA with the team points, pin a few guys in the first and second round and maybe get some team points.

Don’t stop posting your retorts. I’m playing “HR troll bingo” and so far I’ve got the following squares covered:
1) “makes up stupid nickname for coach”
2) “says I’m just a big college wrestling fan and Iowa is my second favorite team”
3) “posts a response within five minutes of being quoted.”

And with the free space I either need
A) “ignores to answer any questions directed his way”
Or
B) “uses the term indefinite suspension”

BLAND TOM BRANDS, is every bit as awesome as TAN TOM RYAN, LOL. Will he sit Stoll against Snyder at the Big 10 Tourney as well? He wrestled him against Coon, why not Snyder with a HUGE WIN on the line?

Very impressed with Iowa's showing at tOSU

Lee was solid and his 2nd period ride of Nato removed any doubts as to how good he is. I think he goes to #2 behind Suriano

Gotta love Young & Bowman, showed guts and a lot of heart. They got stronger late against better wrestlers. Another 10 seconds and maybe Bowman gets 6 and changed the outcome

After watching the Rutgers/tOSU match and today's, Im starting to think the Buckeyes arent the best conditioned team in the B10. Or could it be mental??

Reactions: Dagboi
BLAND TOM BRANDS, is every bit as awesome as TAN TOM RYAN, LOL. Will he sit Stoll against Snyder at the Big 10 Tourney as well? He wrestled him against Coon, why not Snyder with a HUGE WIN on the line?

So your thinking is that Sam goes out there and pins or techs the World Champ? Abro...how much have you been drinking tonight?

Reactions: Sett1997
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT