ADVERTISEMENT

Tots and Pears If You're Flying This Weekend

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Airlines are saying its going to be a mess. Delta has already activated their policy usually reserved for bad weather in that you can change/cancel/refund whatever for this weekend.

I'm on a couple travel destination facebook groups and people are already complaining they can't make the trip due to cancelled flights and being rebooked on flights that don't get them there until they were supposed to be ending their trip.

Only flying down to DFW to see the parents for the weekend. So far so good for getting there tonight but am taking work laptop along in case can't make it back Tues morning. I'll get back when I get back, not burning PTO.

F******. Biden!!
Seriously, why did we give those humps $50 billion of money during Covid? Every top exec of every airline should be out tossing bags on the tarmac, or working the ticket counter this weekend.

I have friends going to Lake of the Ozarks. I'm sure that will be a 5 star gold plated s*** show this weekend.

Reactions: NoleATL
Bunch of poors flying commercial. Fly private or don't fly at all. That's my motto.

Actually is it better to go even more poor in this instance? I don't think Allegiant is cancelling my flight as they only fly a couple times a week. Can't cancel flights when you already run a reduced schedule

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Reactions: Derekd3408
Flying tomorrow to Chicago for the Cubs-Red Sox series. I’m already checked in for tomorrow, hopefully the flight goes as scheduled.

Happened to us coming back from New York City on American. Sick crews everywhere. Had to get driven to Philly and fly back next day. Got into Tallahassee and waited 45 minutes on the ground because entire airport had only enough workers for one functioning ground crew due to illnesses (we presumed). Ton of folks dealing with Covid and or FLU right now.

Actually is it better to go even more poor in this instance? I don't think Allegiant is cancelling my flight as they only fly a couple times a week. Can't cancel flights when you already run a reduced schedule

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg
You're on to something.

Reactions: fredjr82
I have friends going to Lake of the Ozarks. I'm sure that will be a 5 star gold plated s*** show this weekend.
If flying, they must be going into St. Louis, Kansas City or possibly Columbia.

I was at Lake of the Ozarks last weekend. Nicest I’ve seen it since before Covid. Fuel prices have curtailed the number of boats on the lake significantly, as well as people driving to the lake, I guess. I would say 50%-65% less boat traffic. It was beautiful.

Reactions: HawkMD
United cancelled my flight last Thursday. Just straight-up cancelled it. No other option available. I lost 2 days of vacation and had to book another flight on Delta. United did get me home on time.

But now I’m fighting with them about getting refunded for my cancelled flight. Because I didn’t exchange the cancelled flight (they didn’t have any flights available at all), and I used them to come home, they are pushing back on the refund. I’m currently dealing with this so the saga continues.

• Angry
Reactions: noleclone2
If flying, they must be going into St. Louis, Kansas City or possibly Columbia.

I was at Lake of the Ozarks last weekend. Nicest I’ve seen it since before Covid. Fuel prices have curtailed the number of boats on the lake significantly, as well as people driving to the lake, I guess. I would say 50%-65% less boat traffic. It was beautiful.
Fair enough, but this is a three day holiday weekend. One of my neighbors went Memorial Day weekend and they said it was rough on the water. Saw two accidents.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Fair enough, but this is a three day holiday weekend. One of my neighbors went Memorial Day weekend and they said it was rough on the water. Saw two accidents.
Yeah, there’s always a heavy boat traffic on holiday weekends. But my neighbors who live there year round said the boat traffic seems to be down by 2/3 compared to the last couple years, and I saw it last weekend. I would assume that carries over a little bit to this weekend. Will be busy, but nothing like the last couple years. You’re right though - holiday weekends on that lake aren’t for a small boat and/or novice.

On a side note, we went out on our boat last 4th of July weekend and were OK. Just need to know how to handle larger wakes when they come up, get to a nice cove, tie up with another boat or two if you know them, anchor and enjoy the day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT