ADVERTISEMENT

Town makes asshole parents umpire little league games

My daughter used to umpire. She started young so for the first year I would go to the games and sit in the stands. I never said anything to any of the parents but I'd listen to see if anyone was chirping. If they were I'd sit next to them. Then between innings I'd go and talk to her, bring her some water. Then sit back down next to the loudmouth. They usually got quiet after that.
Later on she learned to be tough and I didn't go anymore. She'd even toss coaches who got too mouthy. We had a great umpiring program.

My son and I umped quite a bit for a few years. There was never any doubt who was in charge of the field.
I'm sure we both made some mistakes. I'm pretty confident we never ruined any lives out there.

Baseball is a pretty stupid game anyway. The defense controls the ball to start.

My son and I umped quite a bit for a few years. There was never any doubt who was in charge of the field.
I'm sure we both made some mistakes. I'm pretty confident we never ruined any lives out there.

Baseball is a pretty stupid game anyway. The defense controls the ball to start.

That’s a very unique and interesting observation on baseball, and I can’t disagree with it one bit.

My daughter used to umpire. She started young so for the first year I would go to the games and sit in the stands. I never said anything to any of the parents but I'd listen to see if anyone was chirping. If they were I'd sit next to them. Then between innings I'd go and talk to her, bring her some water. Then sit back down next to the loudmouth. They usually got quiet after that.
Later on she learned to be tough and I didn't go anymore. She'd even toss coaches who got too mouthy. We had a great umpiring program.
Heard a story once, not sure if it's an urban legend, about a parent who attended games their kid was umpiring. As soon as parents started to get on their boy, the parent would start making fun of the players. When parents would give them looks, they would ask what the problem was? You're making fun of my kid umping, I'm going to make fun of your kid for a bad throw or a missed swing. Shut the parents up pretty quickly.

Dejavu for me reading this, did you post almost word for word in a similar umpire thread years ago?

I'd make 'em sub in as "catcher" w/o any pads for half a season.
You only get a helmet and facemask.

That's brilliant!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT