ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer bug hits WBB

Like others have commented already, this girl was probably going to see her role be minimal and was probably best for all parties to look elsewhere

She may be one of the best players to ever transfer out and yet not a big setback for the team. It also means that Iowa has an open scholarship again.
She may not be the only one entering the portal. Could see 1-2 more in the coming days. Not a certainty, but I hear a couple of players are contemplating it.

Unfortunately her playing time was limited this year and likely would be next year too. Clark, Marshall, and Martin are likely the same 3 starting guards. I like Meyer getting more minutes backing up Clark because she might be the best ball handler after Clark. Maybe Feuerbach is just as good but she'll get minutes considering how much she contributed to ISU. Taiwo will get some minutes again if she stays, and Affolter could be a wildcard too. That's a crowded backcourt.

Jensen was a great outside shooter but she never really got a chance to showcase it. She will somewhere else.

I was really looking forward to Lauren playing a bigger role. She sure seems to have the skills and size Iowa was looking for. Thought she was an upgrade in talent. Wonder what didn't work for her??

I was really looking forward to Lauren playing a bigger role. She sure seems to have the skills and size Iowa was looking for. Thought she was an upgrade in talent. Wonder what didn't work for her??
Iowa just brought in Feuerbach who plays the same position, was a higher rated recruit, and started last year at ISU. Lauren already saw her playing time drop towards the end of the year as Taiwo started to come on.

Last edited:
She may not be the only one entering the portal. Could see 1-2 more in the coming days. Not a certainty, but I hear a couple of players are contemplating it.
Interesting. If I had to guess, Shateah Wetering is next? Please tell me none of the starters are considering it.

is the Feuerbach thing official?

Thanks. I had read a chunk of that thread, but at my last read, the trigger hadn't been pulled....or at least announced publicly.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Thanks. I had read a chunk of that thread, but at my last read, the trigger hadn't been pulled....or at least announced publicly.
I'm assuming the Iowa website and social media pages will officially post about it once she signs. That is unless the 1-2 players that hawkbuck referenced that are contemplating transferring do in fact transfer and they are waiting for them to do before posting about Feuerbach

I could see any of Shateah Wetering, Logan Cook, Megan Meyer, or Tomi Taiwo consider transferring strictly for basketball reasons.

Of those, Wetering seems most likely. She just completed her freshman season, so she would still have plenty of time at another school. She also didn't play much last year, and Iowa should be very deep at the 3 and 4 for her entire Iowa career.

I think Ediger has a good chance to beat out Cook as the backup 4 next year, meaning she might not get much if any playing time. That said, she's going to be a senior and has family connections to Iowa. Like Alexis Sevillian last year, she might just prefer to stay with the team, get her degree, and move onto life after basketball.

Taiwo had a pretty big role on last year's team by season's end, but with Feuerbach coming in, I think there's an open question about whether she will have the same role next year. I also think that she's talented enough to move to a lower Power 5 or high mid-major and get a lot more playing time than she does at Iowa. Like Cook, she will also be a senior, though, so she might choose to stay with the team and fight for playing time.

Meyer is probably the least likely of the 4 to leave. I think she's likely to be the backup 1 next year, and she has family ties to the program. That said, Iowa's backup 1 won't play much, and I'm not sure Meyer will play much at the 2 because of Iowa's depth there. If Meyer wants to play more than 5-10 minutes per game, she might consider transferring.

Reactions: undersized_post
I could see any of Shateah Wetering, Logan Cook, Megan Meyer, or Tomi Taiwo consider transferring strictly for basketball reasons.

Of those, Wetering seems most likely. She just completed her freshman season, so she would still have plenty of time at another school. She also didn't play much last year, and Iowa should be very deep at the 3 and 4 for her entire Iowa career.

I think Ediger has a good chance to beat out Cook as the backup 4 next year, meaning she might not get much if any playing time. That said, she's going to be a senior and has family connections to Iowa. Like Alexis Sevillian last year, she might just prefer to stay with the team, get her degree, and move onto life after basketball.

Taiwo had a pretty big role on last year's team by season's end, but with Feuerbach coming in, I think there's an open question about whether she will have the same role next year. I also think that she's talented enough to move to a lower Power 5 or high mid-major and get a lot more playing time than she does at Iowa. Like Cook, she will also be a senior, though, so she might choose to stay with the team and fight for playing time.

Meyer is probably the least likely of the 4 to leave. I think she's likely to be the backup 1 next year, and she has family ties to the program. That said, Iowa's backup 1 won't play much, and I'm not sure Meyer will play much at the 2 because of Iowa's depth there. If Meyer wants to play more than 5-10 minutes per game, she might consider transferring.
I certainly hope that no one else is leaving, but one more seems likely barring a change of heart. Again, just info that is passed on to me and so far it has been spot on. In this case, I would be okay if it was not.

Hopefully no one else will transfer. Coach Jensen posted a team photo of spring workouts last week and Warnock wasn’t in the photo. Made me concerned but probably had class or something. Her rebounding has been very good for us and it’s awesome when she gets going on offense.

go Hawks!

Hopefully no one else will transfer. Coach Jensen posted a team photo of spring workouts last week and Warnock wasn’t in the photo. Made me concerned but probably had class or something. Her rebounding has been very good for us and it’s awesome when she gets going on offense.

go Hawks!
Per update, she was out because she had her wisdom teeth removed.

I certainly hope that no one else is leaving, but one more seems likely barring a change of heart. Again, just info that is passed on to me and so far it has been spot on. In this case, I would be okay if it was not.
For better or worse, I think transfers like this will continue. Transferring now is easier than it has ever been. And now that Iowa's recruiting is getting better, there are players who will realize after their first or second seasons that they have little realistic shot at playing time going forward. I can't fault them at all for wanting to go somewhere else where they can play more.

Warnock is the one that seems most likely to me, would definitely be disappointing. hopefully the rest of the teal stays in tact.

Why does Warnock seem most likely to you? Seems very unlikely to me.

there was concerns she was homesick her freshman year. Although not as much there have been hints she was still struggling some this year. Non poster hinted stating it would disappointing, meaning one of our better players but not Caitlin. Based on years left etc., Warnock would be the most likely in that scenario. Likely our 2nd or 3rd best player for the next 2 years. Come up with a better guess.

there was concerns she was homesick her freshman year. Although not as much there have been hints she was still struggling some this year. Non poster hinted stating it would disappointing, meaning one of our better players but not Caitlin. Based on years left etc., Warnock would be the most likely in that scenario. Likely our 2nd or 3rd best player for the next 2 years. Come up with a better guess.
It would be very disappointing and sad if she did end up transferring. I love having her as a part of our program, she's one of our better players. I really hope she stays.

Reactions: bunsen82
I know two players r completing about leaving who’s the most likely one to leave and isn’t most likely to happen

• Haha
Reactions: LinusPF
Warnock has been one of my favorite players on this team ever since her freshman year! Sad to hear she was homesick and I would guess COVID certainly didn't help with that. Y'all have me worried now.

• Haha
Reactions: tallyhawkster
Per update, she was out because she had her wisdom teeth removed.
To nip the Warnock might transfer thing in the bud a little, the Twitter user who replied giving the wisdom teeth update is close with Warnock (a relative I believe). I was somewhat worried throughout the season because she would occasionally reply to the articles I wrote expressing frustration with Warnock's role on the team and that Clark was taking so many shots and getting the headlines.

I was worried that if someone close with Warnock had those thoughts, that she might have them too. I became a little more worried when Wisconsin fired its coach and Imani Lewis transferred. If Warnock transferred to Wisconsin, she'd be their top offensive option and get as many shots as she wants.

That said, the wisdom teeth Tweet actually leaves me encouraged. It was a positive tweet about Iowa fans. If Warnock were seriously considering leaving, I don't think that user would be writing that Tweet.

Also for consideration: the information hawkbuck has been right about has related to All Iowa Attack players (Clark and Feuerbach). I feel pretty safe in saying Clark is going nowhere, and Feuerbach just transferred in. The other All Iowa Attack alums on the team are Shateah Wetering and Megan Meyer.

As I said above, I could see both Wetering and Meyer wanting to transfer for basketball reasons. Wetering seems more likely to me given that she doesn't have a clear path to playing time, while Meyer is likely in next year's rotation and has family connections to the program.

To nip the Warnock might transfer thing in the bud a little, the Twitter user who replied giving the wisdom teeth update is close with Warnock (a relative I believe). I was somewhat worried throughout the season because she would occasionally reply to the articles I wrote expressing frustration with Warnock's role on the team and that Clark was taking so many shots and getting the headlines.

I was worried that if someone close with Warnock had those thoughts, that she might have them too. I became a little more worried when Wisconsin fired its coach and Imani Lewis transferred. If Warnock transferred to Wisconsin, she'd be their top offensive option and get as many shots as she wants.

That said, the wisdom teeth Tweet actually leaves me encouraged. It was a positive tweet about Iowa fans. If Warnock were seriously considering leaving, I don't think that user would be writing that Tweet.
Pardon the off-topic question, but would you mind linking to one of your articles? I appreciate your posts on here and I'd enjoy reading your articles, too.

Reactions: BraydonRoberts5
Sorry but I see Warnock as a good solid player but not a star. If she is upset with Clark then good riddance to her. Clark is a once in a lifetime talent and with 4 excellent players coming in next year we will be better off without a malcontent.

Did non poster hint, or did non posters hint? They are not the same and I haven't seen non poster on here for quite awhile. Just curious.

Sorry but I see Warnock as a good solid player but not a star. If she is upset with Clark then good riddance to her. Clark is a once in a lifetime talent and with 4 excellent players coming in next year we will be better off without a malcontent.
To be clear, that was a relative of Warnock, not Warnock herself. I haven't seen any evidence that Warnock herself is upset with anyone.

Reactions: LinusPF
No inside info on this but if a players entourage is upset common sense indicates the player is also upset. I would love to have Warnock remain a Hawk but if she wants to be a 1 or 2 scoring option it won’t happen at Iowa.. As I stated the 4 players coming in next year are at least as talented as Warnock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT