ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer bug hits WBB

Wanna bet that HR MVP title?
Classes are already done for the spring and quickly approaching the deadline. If somebody is leaving they’re going to have a hard time finding a spot unless they’ve already been in contact with another school.

As much as (M)egan (M)eyer improved this year, I wouldn't count her out as a key contributor next season. Not necessarily a starter but getting more playing time as a backup guard.
If she does end up transferring then who would be backup PG?

My source’s info. has been 100% correct. Check the tape BJ8.
You said it would happen in the coming days on April 22, then April 29 you said if it didn’t happen by the middle of the following week that probably wasn’t going to. We’re now 3+ weeks past the initial post and 2 weeks past the middle of the week. Obviously post #84 has her initials in it, but what’s the delay if it’s going to happen.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Affolter, Gabby, or Tomi could easily fill the backup point guard IF MM is the one leaving.

I thought Megan Meyer is a big hawkeye maybe she she’s the writing on the wall

The deadline for entering the portal was extended to July 1st. (Originally is was to be May 1st) Therefore it is still technically possible someone could leave. The fact that they haven’t yet probably indicates they haven’t decided yet and that they are not in any hurry to do so. I think it likely that anyone wishing to transfer out would have many good choices of schools in which to transfer.
Still hope everyone stays.

If Meyer leaves I'm not sure we would have a specific backup PG. Clark is only off the floor 5-8 minutes per game anyway. If she is out, I imagine we will have three of our wing options on the floor, and each could initiate the offense on a given possession.

Hawkbuck had the Clark to Iowa information a few days before it happened, and was right about Feuerbach transferring to Iowa too. Obviously good sources aren't always right, but this is certainly more than an out of the blue internet rumor.

Meyer's position on the team is interesting. She played in most games last year, and likely would have a role in the rotation next year, too. But I'm also not sure there is a lot of room for growth in her role barring injury. We have a variety of options at the 2 and 3, and she mostly played as the backup PG last year. If she really wants to start or play major minutes in college, transferring makes sense.

Reactions: BDJHawk
Also if she does end up transferring then this means we for sure need to land a PG 2022 commit

You said it would happen in the coming days on April 22, then April 29 you said if it didn’t happen by the middle of the following week that probably wasn’t going to. We’re now 3+ weeks past the initial post and 2 weeks past the middle of the week. Obviously post #84 has her initials in it, but what’s the delay if it’s going to happen.
Nice summary. You put a lot of effort into that. I don’t know what the delay is. Yes, I know who is leaving and so do the coaches. They have been told. Maybe it takes a day or so before this name appears in the portal. It’s insider info because you hear about it before it becomes official. I am not always afforded the exact time line before it becomes official. If you don’t like it, ignore it.

Reactions: BDJHawk
If it’s Megan Meyer I don’t see the major disappointment. She was going to be a role player at best. Obviously you need role players, but she was going to have very minimal impact on the W/L column.

As with a number of portals, they may not want the media attention and have their landing spot before announcing.

As with a number of portals, they may not want the media attention and have their landing spot before announcing.
If already have a landing spot before entering then it’s tampering and the NCAA needs to crack down on it. But we all know they won’t.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
If already have a landing spot before entering then it’s tampering and the NCAA needs to crack down on it. But we all know they won’t.
Not sure if that's true if she has told Lisa of her desire to transfer as been stated. Lisa could actually make calls for her if she wanted. Tampering is usually done thru 3rd parties that the NCAA has no authority over. and with a high profile player. Not a bench player.

So hawkbuck the decision is already made and the coach’s already know about it is it a starter or a bench player

NCAA cracking down. Now that's a laugh. Oh, maybe because it' women's basketball and not mens....

R you talking only Lauren Jensen that already left or is someone else leaving too hawkbuck thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT