ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Kelce

why-travis-kelce-was-really-yelling-at-andy-reid-v0-lk5cv3zmd2ic1.jpeg

untitled-design-2024-02-12t111024076-940x480.jpg

Why Travis Kelce blew up at Chiefs coach Andy Reid during Super Bowl 2024​

Just in the heat of battle!

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce didn’t mean anything by his shouting at head coach Andy Reid early in Sunday’s Super Bowl victory over the San Francisco 49ers — it was all part of the star’s competitive spirit, a source tells Page Six.

Kelce was clearly irate and frustrated after the Chiefs lost a fumble in the second quarter of their thrilling, comeback overtime win over San Francisco.

The 34-year-old star and boyfriend to Taylor Swift was seen on video yelling in Reid’s face — and even bumping the coach — as he wanted back into the game following the turnover.

Teammate Jerick McKinnon even held the hulking Kelce back.

Viewers were quick to pounce on Kelce’s actions, but a source brushed aside any real animosity between player and coach.

“He’s just a passionate player and everyone’s on edge. It’s the Super Bowl! But there was no mal intent.

Travis Kelce #87 of the Kansas City Chiefs lashes out at Head coach Andy Reid in the first half against the San Francisco 49ers during Super Bowl LVIII at Allegiant Stadium on Feb. 11, 2024 in Las Vegas.
Travis Kelce lashes out at Head coach Andy Reid in the first half against the San Francisco 49ers during Super Bowl LVIII at Allegiant Stadium on Feb. 11, 2024 in Las Vegas.

“He respects Coach Reid. It’s really just about the passion of the game. It wasn’t anything serious,” the source tells Page Six.

Following the game, Kelce cast aside any talk of the clash with Reid.

“I’m gonna keep it between us,” Kelce told ESPN. “I was just telling him how much I love him.”

Travis Kelce and Head coach Andy Reid of the Kansas City Chiefs react after defeating the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 during Super Bowl LVIII on Feb. 11, 2024 in Las Vegas.
Travis Kelce and Head coach Andy Reid of the Kansas City Chiefs react after defeating the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 during Super Bowl LVIII on Feb. 11, 2024 in Las Vegas.

Kelce and the Chiefs were right to be frustrated as they faced an early deficit to the favored 49ers.

But Kansas City stormed back and secured their fourth Super Bowl title, with Kelce leading the Chiefs with nine catches for 93 receiving yards in the 25-22 overtime victory.

Kelce will now seemingly celebrate his new championship with Swift and the crew she brought with her to the big game — including stars Blake Likely and Ice Spice.

I saw an interview with Reid postgame where he more or less stated (paraphrasing) that he sort of got blindsided that made it look worse than it was, but Kelse's passion is why he loves being around him.

"Keeps me young" was Reid's line that got to me most about the incident. Reid KNEW there was no malice intended.

This all is much ado about NOTHING.

Still doesnt make his comments about the body of a bikini clad 13 yo or his “if there is grass on the field, play ball” comments right, even if said in a joking matter.
I just assume he has to knock on all the doors within a 2 mile radius of his home and inform folks of his status on the list 🤷‍♂️

I saw an interview with Reid postgame where he more or less stated (paraphrasing) that he sort of got blindsided that made it look worse than it was, but Kelse's passion is why he loves being around him.

"Keeps me young" was Reid's line that got to me most about the incident. Reid KNEW there was no malice intended.

This all is much ado about NOTHING.
Between Kelce’s helmet throwing on Christmas and his abuse of an elderly man last night, you think it’s much ado about nothing?

Or is it ok because he’s good at sports and wins? That’s usually how it works in life. If you’re good at sports, people tend to look the other way when you act like a douche.

Reactions: *hawksrock*
The game was way sloppy..way too many turnovers and flags. Way frustrating. He was throwing a baby fit

I swear some people that post here are completely insufferable human beings. And this doesn't have anything to do with me being a Chiefs fan. If you know anything about Kelse, he's been outgoing/boisterous since he was a child. That's who he is and who he's always been.

Good gawd, let us all somehow go on with our own lives - getting through each day - with the knowledge that in the 7 or 8 whatever billion people on this earth that maybe, just maybe there are people that have different personalities than our own.

That fact doesn't make anybody better or worse than ourselves - it simply makes them different. And me personally, I'm not going to lose any sleep over knowing that.
I’m pretty sure Kelce got into a fight over the summer in a scrimmage. I don’t remember a lot of the details, but it was physical and I think punches were thrown.

So, yeah, some competitive people struggle to properly handle their emotions, and it seems Travis Kelce is one of them.

What he’s like outside of football, unless you know him personally, is anyone’s guess.

Much ado about nothing. You can find lots of moments where NFL players are yelling at their coaches.

Pretty good troll thread if you like that sort of thing. All the trolls are here.

Oh really? Maybe over the last several years.
Definitely not back in the 70’s. Unless you wanted to get the waiver wire humming.

Well today if you are a star player you are more valuable than a coach. In most teams coaches come and go but the star players stay.

Reactions: Bierhalter
All I know is out of the blue a couple weeks ago, my 83 year old mom who had never listened to a podcast in her life suddenly told me she listens to the Kelce brothers podcast on her iPad. She like Travis the best, even though he has a "potty mouth." The brother never swears on the podcast, but Travis has to be bleeped a lot. Now when I call, she fills me in on the latest with the boys.

Reactions: goldmom
Still doesnt make his comments about the body of a bikini clad 13 yo or his “if there is grass on the field, play ball” comments right, even if said in a joking matter.
This place talks about how awesome it is for 14-15 yr old boys to be raped by teachers. I don't think anyone here gets yo claim moral high ground. And, yes. I agree that talking about underaged girls bodies is at best really creepy, and I don't think it's an at best situation with him.

Reactions: auntie_fah
I sense a new Taylor Swift hit coming on,.. probably be a huge Summer release.

Between Kelce’s helmet throwing on Christmas and his abuse of an elderly man last night, you think it’s much ado about nothing?

ABUSE OF AN ELDERLY MAN?

My gawd...Crazy Town stuff right there. Absolute Crazy Town.

You're reacting like he took a cattle prod and jolted him 20 times on national TV. Jebus, drama much?

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
To summarize my post…

If an athlete is a mega star on your favorite sports team, he can do whatever he wants, up to and including murder, and you’ll defend him. Was probably the victim’s fault anyway. Get over it, snowflake.

If an athlete is a star on your favorite sports team, he can do whatever he wants, just shy of murder, and you’ll defend him and probably offer thoughts and prayers to the victim. Probably also say that we all just need to get over it and move on.

If an athlete is a replaceable starter or backup on your favorite sports team, well, he probably deserves any punishment he receives for whatever it is he did wrong, and you’ll wish him the best and hope he gets the help he needs. Such a shame. Really liked the guy.

If an athlete is a player on any team other than your favorite sports team, he shall not be permitted to breath in public. Doing so will earn him a one way ticket to hell. Such a douche.

Go ahead and replace athlete with politician, movie star, singer, and on and on as you see fit.

Reactions: GOHOX69
ABUSE OF AN ELDERLY MAN?

My gawd...Crazy Town stuff right there. Absolute Crazy Town.

You're reacting like he took a cattle prod and jolted him 20 times on national TV. Jebus, drama much?
65 and over is considered elderly, and Reid is 65. This isn’t the first time Kelce has acted this way toward Reid. So perhaps we can say major disrespect of an elderly man with some mild abuse sprinkled in? Say what you will, but young kids are watching… and seeing that sorta crap is further teaching our youth that it’s ok to disrespect our coaches and elders. But hey, as long as they’re winning, who gives a sh!t, amirite?!

Reactions: GOHOX69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT