ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Rutt

I'd REALLY like to see the staff invest in a seriously advanced S & C coach and program. We are not where we should be with strength, balance and flexibility in too many spots though we made some strides under Rutt.

I'd REALLY like to see the staff invest in a seriously advanced S & C coach and program. We are not where we should be with strength, balance and flexibility in too many spots though we made some strides under Rutt.

Agree. Has anyone seen what they do at Ohio State? They are cutting edge when it comes to this stuff.

Reactions: DirkTang1

I agree. I felt like things improved and I think he may have played a role in our increased bonus point performance at the NCAAs. However, it has been my impression that though Brands gave him a longer leash than past coaches, he was still not quite given complete control.

Not that you think this but it should be noted for some that Rutt was a trained strength and conditioning coach, not just a former wrestler who did the job to stay in coaching.

While it might be nice to make a splash with a big named ex wrestler as strength coach I think it is equally if not more import to make sure this hire has some level of professional training as a strength and conditioning coach. I think we can all see how Rutt’s past in performance training seriously helped our guys. I would like to wish he and his wife the best in their new endeavors and thank him for all he did in his short time here.

I agree. I felt like things improved and I think he may have played a role in our increased bonus point performance at the NCAAs. However, it has been my impression that though Brands gave him a longer leash than past coaches, he was still not quite given complete control.

Not that you think this but it should be noted for some that Rutt was a trained strength and conditioning coach, not just a former wrestler who did the job to stay in coaching.

I agree with everything you said Spooner. Rutt helped tremendously, especially in improving the lower body power of our guys.

Got to see him present alongside Donnenwerth at the coaches clinic a couple years ago. Also, got to chat with him briefly following the presentation and pick his brain. Very knowledgeable dude and extremely humble.

He will be missed.

That sucks as I thought he did quite well. Best of luck to Travis.

As for names of guys off the top of my head, one that comes to mind is Nick Heflin who is at OU currently. I have been very impressed with his knowledge of strength and conditioning. He also studied Human Performance at tOSU (studied and tOSU...:D).

As for former Hawks, Burak is another guy who was already mentioned. He could be good.

And yet nearly their entire line-up struggles to get off bottom. Somethings not right.. :)
I think I figured it out. Ohio State doesn't do enough squats. Yep that's it. They need more squats and deadlifts! Can't believe I didn't think of that sooner

Are Hans and Franz available? Two for one deal and sure to get the guys pumped up.
Sorry, B-Nic.....Grip220 has us on an SNL ban. Hans and Franz are no bueno to him. Maybe Kevin Hart and The Rock would be funny enough for his standards?...we'd have all the weight classes covered!

Reactions: TNTwrestle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT