ADVERTISEMENT

Trump’s Ukraine money holdup doesn’t make for an impeachable breach of the law

Hunter Biden had no background in the energy sector where Burisma plied it's trade,.. His singular qualification was his proximity to his father...

Are you under the impression that every board member is an expert in the particular field in which the company engages its business? Because that’s....not how it works. Again, Hunter Biden was more than qualified to serve on the board of directors at Burisma. Stop parroting these false, bullshit talking points. TIA.

Are you under the impression that every board member is an expert in the particular field in which the company engages its business? Because that’s....not how it works. Again, Hunter Biden was more than qualified to serve on the board of directors at Burisma. Stop parroting these false, bullshit talking points. TIA.

Hunter Biden's thoughts on the matter, from an interview with ABC News...

"If your last name wasn't Biden," Robach asked, "do you think you would've been asked to be on the board of Burisma?"

"I don't know. I don't know. Probably not, in retrospect," he said. "But that's -- you know -- I don't think that there's a lot of things that would have happened in my life if my last name wasn't Biden."

"If your last name wasn't Biden," Robach asked, "do you think you would've been asked to be on the board of Burisma?"

"I don't know. I don't know. Probably not, in retrospect," he said. "But that's -- you know -- I don't think that there's a lot of things that would have happened in my life if my last name wasn't Biden."
I wonder if he was arms dealing or drug dealing for that money. that's a lot of money to pay somebody for nothing. at least get something tangible out of it.

Probably true - pretty impressive self awareness by Hunter. Also 100% irrelevant to anything that I said or anything in this thread. It’s a nice attempt at obfuscation though.

Since Burisma is a Ukrainian company it would make sense to have Ukraine begin the review...

Announce or begin? All that was asked was announce. Why were we so worried about Burisma all of a sudden?

Obama didn’t do anything like this so that isn’t really true.

Obama told the Russians that good things will be coming their way if he was reelected. I wonder if the computer hacking, campaign interfering, sleazy Russians picked up on that.

The Dem argument has always been that Trump was pushing for this investigation solely to gather dirt on his political rival, Joe Biden,.. I think it could be demonstrated that Hunter Biden's involvement with Burisma was more than suspicious enough to justify further scrutiny by the Trump administration...
That's fine. Except there is nothing that supports that an actual investigation was of interest—why?—because it had already been considered as part of the routine (bipartisan) considerations upon considerations aid packages must go through to be approved.

Also, you have to realize, there are ways to go about such concerns that any well-functioning administration would know to pursue. Having goofballs and goons apply shady political pressure isn't the way we should want our government to be operating. Or is it?

The amount of benefit of the doubt people continue to give this man, this forever-lying-grifting doofus, is remarkable.

Super, you lead a charge against all nepotism. Start with the Trump kids as they're setting policy.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Obama told the Russians that good things will be coming their way if he was reelected. I wonder if the computer hacking, campaign interfering, sleazy Russians picked up on that.

First I’ve heard of this, do you have a credible link?

The Dem argument has always been that Trump was pushing for this investigation solely to gather dirt on his political rival, Joe Biden,.. I think it could be demonstrated that Hunter Biden's involvement with Burisma was more than suspicious enough to justify further scrutiny by the Trump administration...

Then demonstrate it with some facts.

See? This is how it works. Ivanka has taken advantage in China with patents, etc., why is that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT