ADVERTISEMENT

Trump campaign staff had altercation with official at Arlington National Cemetery

Yeah
Had customer golf/dinner.
Line acceptance run today.
So pretty much proven pictures and video of presidents there are common, etc.
Great tds for a nothing burger.
Yeah brother, take a hike. You obviously care not one bit about our fallen soldiers and the sacrifices they’ve made. You can try to rationalize your love affair for that fat assed treasonous piece of shit but all the excuses in the world won’t change your complete lack of respect and character, nor his. Your family must be so proud of the moral standards you uphold.

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of many folks who would even try to defend this assholes actions at Arlington the other day. What normal person would think it was acceptable behavior to act this way. The soldiers family obviously missed the common sense/etiquette portion of their upbringing too…

Reactions: Joes Place
https://www.npr.org/2024/08/27/nx-s1-5091154/trump-arlington-cemetery

Two members of Donald Trump's campaign staff had a verbal and physical altercation Monday with an official at Arlington National Cemetery, where the former president participated in a wreath-laying ceremony, NPR has learned.

A source with knowledge of the incident said the cemetery official tried to prevent Trump staffers from filming and photographing in a section where recent U.S. casualties are buried. The source said Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff members are authorized to take photographs or film in the area, known as Section 60.
Citing National Pandering Radio I see? Must be a slow news day for pandering radio USA

I think the point she is trying to make is that Harris didn't bother to go to Arlington. It was a huge swing and a miss since Federal law prohibits these types of campaign photo ops there in the first place.
I did see where a “family spokesman” said Trump was there at “the family’s invitation”…..I cant imagine “the family” didn’t understand such behavior was counter Arlington etiquette. Maybe they were given a booklet/pamphlet of Arlington rules…but forgot to read it? If so, a big “shame on you” to the family….

I did see where a “family spokesman” said Trump was there at “the family’s invitation”…..I cant imagine “the family” didn’t understand such behavior was counter Arlington etiquette. Maybe they were given a booklet/pamphlet of Arlington rules…but forgot to read it? If so, a big “shame on you” to the family….
There is a press release from Arlington floating around that all parties were given the code of conduct/rules

The family of a Green Beret who died by suicide after serving roughly a dozen combat tours and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery expressed concern on Wednesday that Donald J. Trump's campaign had filmed his gravesite without permission as Mr. Trump stood in an area where campaign photography isn't allowed.

Relatives of Master Sgt. Andrew Marckesano issued their statement two days after Mr. Trump's visit, which also included a confrontation between members of the Trump campaign and an Arlington employee. The former president's campaign took video in a heavily restricted section of the cemetery known as Section 60, which is largely reserved for the fallen veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

A woman who works at the cemetery filed an incident report with the military authorities over the altercation. But the official, who has not been identified, later declined to press charges. Military officials said she feared Mr. Trump's supporters pursuing retaliation.

Sergeant Marckesano died on July 6, 2020, after moving to Washington to begin a job at the Pentagon. He had three children, and friends said he had chronic post-traumatic stress disorder from his time in combat. His gravesite is adjacent to that of Staff Sergeant Darin Taylor Hoover, a Marine who was killed in the 2021 bombing at Abbey Gate outside the Kabul airport in Afghanistan.

The Hoover family granted permission to the Trump team to film and take photographs at the gravesite; the Marckesano family did not, and filming and photographing at the gravesite for political purposes is a violation of federal law, according to cemetery officials. Yet Sergeant Marckesano's grave was shown in photos from the visit that were published online. A video was posted to Mr. Trump's TikTok account featuring footage from the Section 60 visit and the gravestones from behind, with narration criticizing the handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.

When I visited Arlington, took a couple pics. Showed them to my dad. A Nam Vet. He told me it is sacred ground.

That’s the only time I ever heard him refer to anything as sacred.

He’s a trump supporter so he obviously doesn’t care about the sacred grounds when his own is desecrating it.

I just wish he’d see the same when a democrat tried to make such an obvious stunt.

The family of a Green Beret who died by suicide after serving roughly a dozen combat tours and is buried at Arlington National Cemetery expressed concern on Wednesday that Donald J. Trump's campaign had filmed his gravesite without permission as Mr. Trump stood in an area where campaign photography isn't allowed.

Relatives of Master Sgt. Andrew Marckesano issued their statement two days after Mr. Trump's visit, which also included a confrontation between members of the Trump campaign and an Arlington employee. The former president's campaign took video in a heavily restricted section of the cemetery known as Section 60, which is largely reserved for the fallen veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

A woman who works at the cemetery filed an incident report with the military authorities over the altercation. But the official, who has not been identified, later declined to press charges. Military officials said she feared Mr. Trump's supporters pursuing retaliation.

Sergeant Marckesano died on July 6, 2020, after moving to Washington to begin a job at the Pentagon. He had three children, and friends said he had chronic post-traumatic stress disorder from his time in combat. His gravesite is adjacent to that of Staff Sergeant Darin Taylor Hoover, a Marine who was killed in the 2021 bombing at Abbey Gate outside the Kabul airport in Afghanistan.

The Hoover family granted permission to the Trump team to film and take photographs at the gravesite; the Marckesano family did not, and filming and photographing at the gravesite for political purposes is a violation of federal law, according to cemetery officials. Yet Sergeant Marckesano's grave was shown in photos from the visit that were published online. A video was posted to Mr. Trump's TikTok account featuring footage from the Section 60 visit and the gravestones from behind, with narration criticizing the handling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.
Figures that the Trump aide shoved a woman around. That’s extra alpha in DogBoy and the other Trump fluffer’s world to shove a woman around.

And, here we go. Vance has told Kamala Harris to go to Hell over the issue.
Harris has not commented on the issue. Grade A alpha stuff.
457139208_3721772688071283_2807108615128587818_n.jpg

Went to the USS Arizona last year. They told us about 15 times on the boat ride over not to take pictures in the section where the names of the men lost that day are listed.

Probably 90% of people took pictures. Absolutely infuriating.
Why aren't you supposed to take pictures there?

I mean it makes sense that the national cemetery shouldn't be used for political grandstanding photo ops, but I don't get the Arizona restriction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT