ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is still a douche....

I was going to start a thread with these thoughts below but maybe instead I will just post here:

Trump has an amazing opportunity right now to play the adult presidential role he has never been able to and in one speech, unite this country AND lock up becoming president. If he comes out calling for us to all be better and tone things down and make it clear this was not some sort of inside job nor caused by Biden and Democrats political rhetoric, it will help the country and the Democrats might as well cancel the convention.

If instead he comes out a douche bag, wanting to use it to further divide and accuse both the “deep state” and Biden as behind it, he will do great damage to the country and will not have a sure path to winning the election.

Going to be really interesting to see what path he takes. If I was a betting man, sadly, I feel he will go the path of victimization and demonizing.
It's certainly possible. He has zero natural desire within him to unite anyone unless he sees that it is to his political advantage. Everything he does is transactional and viewed through that lens.

It's certainly possible. He has zero natural desire within him to unite anyone unless he sees that it is to his political advantage. Everything he does is transactional and viewed through that lens.
Perhaps. But, devils advocate, he has never had a part of his ear shot off either. Could change a man. Especially if you have to realize the later path is one that could make it more likely to happen again.

Reactions: TennNole17
The events of yesterday were unfortunate and there has been plenty of stuff said that was unnecessary.

That said, I am getting a good chuckle listening to people who have spent the last 9 years defending, justifying, and outright supporting Donald Trump's conduct who all of a sudden have their panties in a wad over undignified behavior....from people on an anonymous message board. Cmon...
Just one example of about 10 zillion over the last decade that was at the top of my twitter feed.

9K92gr.gif
He was the victim of a failed (by the grace of God) assassination attempt.

Yep My dad fought for this country for you to say stupid 💩. That's all
And my dad fought for this country only to have one man claim an election was stolen without any credible evidence to a court. And to this day, he and his supporters believe a legitimate election was stolen and they also tried to overturn the results.

That's all.

And my dad fought for this country only to have one man claim an election was stolen without any credible evidence to a court. And to this day, he and his supporters believe a legitimate election was stolen and they also tried to overturn the results.

That's all.
You do know there are a shit ton of votes missing in GA right?

I don't think Trump deserves this and certainly the innocent bystander did not. However, I don't think it's wrong to point out how divisive and hateful Trump and his base's rhetoric has been the past 8 years.
That’s fair. I think some of the reactions went past that though.

True. And now he looks like a tough guy getting shot on live tv and pumping his fist.

Shit, might as well have thrown the winning TD for the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile Biden has a 8pm bedtime.

Sure looks like a nice path for Trump now.

Right? Imagine getting shot and still getting a “fu k you” to go with it on Election Day.

Perhaps. But, devils advocate, he has never had a part of his ear shot off either. Could change a man. Especially if you have to realize the later path is one that could make it more likely to happen again.

We'll just have to see who bends his ear on this one (the good ear)....

It is pretty clear now that he is your next president.
Odds are you're probably right. But let's say he screws it up somehow. Can you imagine the violence and rioting that would occur? I fear it'd make Jan 6 look like playtime

• Haha
Reactions: TylerJ23
That’s fair. I think some of the reactions went past that though.
Probably so. But don't be surprised in life if you are an ungrateful asshole who never shows grace. That when something bad happens to you, if you get some shade.

Again I was taught dignity and grace through Christian values. These past 8 years have shown me many must not have been taught the same values as me

The events of yesterday were unfortunate and there has been plenty of stuff said that was unnecessary.

That said, I am getting a good chuckle listening to people who have spent the last 9 years defending, justifying, and outright supporting Donald Trump's conduct who all of a sudden have their panties in a wad over undignified behavior....from people on an anonymous message board. Cmon...
This. All of this. Hypocrisy at its finest. Republicans act like only they can ever take the low road. It wins them elections.

I don't think Trump deserves this and certainly the innocent bystander did not. However, I don't think it's wrong to point out how divisive and hateful Trump and his base's rhetoric has been the past 8 years.
I just want Republicans to own their part in all of this. Their rhetoric and constant lies by their leaders is a major part of what’s going on in America. Sooooooo much hate. I own mine.

I mean, the only reason I am unhappy about the attempt is that it’s a bad direction for the country. I think it’s bad to kill your opponents. But id still do a little dance if that fat **** dropped dead of a heart attack.
Biden is quite frail and can pass at any moment; however, I don’t root for such.

I didn't read through all the posts in yesterday's thread. Did you ever express disappointment in our resident MAGAs who immediately called out Democrats as the culprits of both the shooting and the demise of culture in general?
Yes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT