ADVERTISEMENT

Trump jury

Trump Crowd GIF by Storyful

I think people want justice. To a neutral observer, this does not look like justice. The things Trump has been convicted of were not felonies until Trump did them. Some of them were not illegal. The Manhattan DA had to somehow tie local misdemeanors to federal election law. He was accused of falsifying business records, so every email between everyone involved became a separate charge, even if Trump never saw it. It was a wild overreach that will get overturned on appeal.
If Trump had just taken the Hilary Clinton approach and deleted everything, no charges would ever have been brought, right? If he had just destroyed all his phones and computers, or maybe dropped them off at a Delaware repair shop, anything on those devices would have been considered a corrupted chain of evidence, right? Trump could just call Bragg a Russian asset and Facebook would squash the story, right?
The public perception is that there is a two-tiered justice system and that the power apparatus has come together to stop Trump from running again, like they did in 2020 to help Biden.
I don’t want Trump as my president any more than you do, but the means which the powers that be are employing to stop him are tearing the country apart from within.
Only stupid people perceive a two tiered jutice system that's stacked against a wealthy white guy.

Depends on where the jury is located.

OJ gets convicted in an Iowa court

Trump doesn’t in about 40 other states

Trump might get a hung jury elsewhere, he's not getting acquitted of most of this shit. All the prosecutors have been deliberate about the charges they file given the defendant. You're talking about Trump fans refusing to convict Trump because they like him and asserting things are the other way around. The gymnastics you people do for Trump should embarrass you

If Trump was on trial and the jury was entirely composed of people on HROT, do you think he gets a fair trial?

Because that's how juries are formed? They don't choose the jurors from a pool, excusing jurors with obvious biases and give explicit directions to them? Trump gets to appeal, hopefully he has something better than "the jury was rigged" unless he has evidence beyond an electoral map

Trump might get a hung jury elsewhere, he's not getting acquitted of most of this shit. All the prosecutors have been deliberate about the charges they file given the defendant. You're talking about Trump fans refusing to convict Trump because they like him and asserting things are the other way around. The gymnastics you people do for Trump should embarrass you
How does it go with a different judge as well.

It shows that people are behind him regardless of the trial and how you and I feel about him.
Was that ever in question? Whether or not Trump supporters would stand behind him regardless of any wrongdoing? I don't think anyone doubted that after his base remained after his 2020 post-election shenanigans (for which I'm sure they claim the special prosecutor and media are being unfair to him by not giving Trump his choice of venue, jury, and judge).

Reactions: sober_teacher
And she would allow the election law official to testify
And she would allow the election law official to testify
The election law official was allowed to testify, but not to the extent the Trump side wanted him to testify to. Trumps lawyers wanted the guy to testify to what the law allows. Or what the law says. That is the universal job of the judge. The judge rightly said you can’t testify to that.

Can you share please? Legal scholars have no
Idea either

I honestly feel bad for you that you’re taken in by this. It’s just not hard to understand and it’s been posted on this board literally hundreds of times.

I love how you started this thread about this email and now you're back to arguing this old claim. Way to admit that your OP is a dud.

They will vacillate back to the talking point once the previous is debunked again.

I see the 5% argument appeared and went pretty fast. As if there is any legal standard on the voting tendency of an area being a reason to move or vacate guilt.

I imagine we are still waiting on the "tell me the crime" request as well.

Reactions: Huey Grey
A nice read.

While the crime of falsifying business records -- which Trump was charged with -- is a misdemeanor, prosecutors charged Trump with a felony, arguing he falsified records with an intent to conceal another crime.

"I think the statute is at risk of being declared unconstitutional because the statute that charged the former president with the felony does not say what that other crime is that elevates the misdemeanor to a felony," Randy Zelin, a Cornell University Law professor, told ABC News.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Not smart enough to know who he is, but smart enough to know he wouldn’t be getting that kind of response at major events everywhere.

Another from CBS

Does anyone know what they said he violated

What exactly those "unlawful means" were in this case was up to the jury to decide. Prosecutors put forth three areas that they could consider: a violation of federal campaign finance laws, falsification of other business records or a violation of tax laws.

Jurors did not need to agree on what the underlying "unlawful means" were. But they did have to unanimously conclude that Trump caused the business records to be falsified, and that he "did so with intent to defraud that included an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof."

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
It’s taken them all a couple of weeks to recover but they finally have their new conspiracy narrative organized. And of course 99.9% of MAGA will believe it all.

Only silver lining is non MAGA cult Trump voters (weird but yes there are a significant number out there) overall have been bailing and he did shed a significant chunk of moderates and independents with those 34 guilty verdicts.

Reactions: funksouljon
Because that's how juries are formed? They don't choose the jurors from a pool, excusing jurors with obvious biases and give explicit directions to them? Trump gets to appeal, hopefully he has something better than "the jury was rigged" unless he has evidence beyond an electoral map
Unbelievable people eat this shot up. He loses, rigged. Guy should be like 1000-0 in life but that damn deep state…..

Reactions: mattymoknows
He was so bad that the judge, jury and executioner kneeled on his neck for nine minutes. Good riddance, huh?🙄
Yep. Probably a good reason why you shouldn't do a home invasion and rob a pregnant lady at gunpoint or be a loser and not have the 10 dollars to pay for your cigarettes... dude is in burning in hell!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT