ADVERTISEMENT

Trump unlimited terms….

What am I saying that's wrong?

Trump had a fake elector scheme and asked his vice president to throw out votes. He also had people at the state level who attempted to delay certifying votes for as long as possible.

The GOP mostly went along with it with a few notable exceptions. The notable exceptions have been pushed out. What am I saying that is factually incorrect. You went down that path before for him, no reason to believe you won't do it again.

What part of that is not a coup?

Stop gaslighting us and trying to pretend that everything Trump did after losing the election was normal and by the book.
Go back and read all your rants, you are a certifiable nutcase. "If" Trump gets reelected he will have the leave office just like he did in 2021. That's just how it works. There will be no dictatorship, no monarchy or no change in our form of government whatsoever. All these rants makes you look like a carbon copy of Chis.

I recall my brother telling me months prior to 2020 that Trump would refuse to leave the office if he lost the election and I thought, no way. We all saw what happened. It would be foolish to think he wouldn’t try something to keep himself in power. Especially after he watched his boy Putin change laws over the past decade ensuring he synths in power.

I recall my brother telling me months prior to 2020 that Trump would refuse to leave the office if he lost the election and I thought, no way. We all saw what happened. It would be foolish to think he wouldn’t try something to keep himself in power. Especially after he watched his boy Putin change laws over the past decade ensuring he synths in power.
What happened on Jan 21st 2021?

I remember hearing about Obama's fiendish plans to change the rules so he could stay in power forever. I think beliefs like this are more on the fringe than the norm.
There have been many tries to repeal this amendment, including already this year, according to Thomas.gov, the searchable database of the Library of Congress. H.J. Res. 5 proposes "an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President."

It was introduced on Jan. 4 by Rep. Jose Serrano, a New York Democrat and has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary, Thomas.gov shows. Serrano must be dead-set on his proposal: he introduced it on Jan. 7, 2011; Jan. 6, 2009; Jan. 4, 2007; Jan. 4, 2005; Jan. 7, 2003; Jan. 3, 2001; Jan. 6, 1999; and Jan. 7, 1997.

Dude your side attempted a coup. And then re-nominated that guy to run the country again. You have shown that there is zero line you were not willing to cross to give that man power and keep his power.

What I was describing was what they attempted to the last time. Only problem was there was too many of the old GOP who stood against it. Those people are gone, pushed out by the GOP in favor of people who are entirely loyal to Trump. Mike Pence being the biggest, he is being replaced by someone who's primary characteristic is that he would throw out votes for Donald Trump.

If the GOP had drawn a line in the sand at some point I might be less worried. But they didn't. So there is no reason to believe they will ever start.
Your premise is that you have to believe that was an actual coup attempt. I don't. A real one would involve lots of guns and blood. You also have to believe that Trump told them to do it, which he didn't. We aren't arguing the same things because I am arguing reality and you are arguing a narrative.

Your premise is that you have to believe that was an actual coup attempt. I don't. A real one would involve lots of guns and blood. You also have to believe that Trump told them to do it, which he didn't. We aren't arguing the same things because I am arguing reality and you are arguing a narrative.

Ever heard of a bloodless coup? Not every coup involves guns.

Pretty much anyone that isn't voting for Donald Trump including those outside our country view this as a coup.

Hitler's coup was bloodless. His party was elected as the largest party in their legislature and 6 months later he had manipulated the levers of power to have the legislature grant him absolute power. Germany's supreme court even approved it.

Go back and read all your rants, you are a certifiable nutcase. "If" Trump gets reelected he will have the leave office just like he did in 2021. That's just how it works. There will be no dictatorship, no monarchy or no change in our form of government whatsoever. All these rants makes you look like a carbon copy of Chis.

You do realize that we were Mike Pence deciding to do what Trump wanted him to away from Trump winning via throwing out votes right?

You act like the coup attempt didn't even come close. It came very close to succeeding.

Will it happen. Absolutely not.

Will Trump fuk with liberals about it until he leaves. Absolutely.

He will be asked and his answer will be “ well many people would like to see that happen, trust me, we will have to see. I haven’t thought about it”
What I do know is to take any declarations like this from MAGAs with a grain of salt. We have all seen the criminal cheating by them with our own eyes. They tried to steal The White House once. It’s completely reasonable to believe, especially with so much smoke about their plans to hold it, that they will refuse to give up power. The pieces will be in place.

Reactions: Ree4 and HawkMD

Pretty much anyone that isn't voting for Donald Trump including those outside our country view this as a coup.

Hitler's coup was bloodless. His party was elected as the largest party in their legislature and 6 months later he had manipulated the levers of power to have the legislature grant him absolute power. Germany's supreme court even approved it.

It’s crazy that it would be a bloodless coup considering we have hundreds of millions of guns in this country and the only firearm that was discharged was by a cop shooting a woman behind a locked door.

Do you think you are proving some point with this? The fact you EVEN have to bet someone on this topic is beyond ridiculous. Shouldn't even have odds of happening but there is likely a chance.

Proving a point? No, trying to see if there are odds somewhere and if there is an opportunity……yes.

It’s crazy that it would be a bloodless coup considering we have hundreds of millions of guns in this country and the only firearm that was discharged was by a cop shooting a woman behind a locked door.

Just because we have guns don't mean that civilians are going to be rushing to use them.

Bloodless coups are easier especially in developed nations.

Trump likely would not have gotten enough people to pick up arms and try to overthrow the government by force. So you just do it from the inside by manipulating the levers of power to keep you in office when the votes and the law say you shouldn't.

That is clearly what he tried to do. Hitler did the same thing. Got power and manipulated the levers of power to give him absolute power. And he did it without even having a absolute majority in the legislature.

Just because we have guns don't mean that civilians are going to be rushing to use them.

Trump likely would not have gotten enough people to pick up arms and try to overthrow the government by force. So you just do it from the inside by manipulating the levers of power to keep you in office when the votes and the law say you shouldn't.

That is clearly what he tried to do. Hitler did the same thing. Got power and manipulated the levers of power to give him absolute power. And he did it without even having an absolute majority in the legislature.
Trump is going to minipulate the levers….lol
Then has going to install a draft and take over the world.
I’ll make a deal with you, I’m old….I promise to shoot him if tries it.

• Angry
Reactions: HawkMD
You do realize that we were Mike Pence deciding to do what Trump wanted him to away from Trump winning via throwing out votes right?

You act like the coup attempt didn't even come close. It came very close to susucceeding.
Unfortunately there is no point in arguing with them. They are morons who will just continue down the road with the death cult. They either refuse to or don't have the ability to critically think. They can't put two and two together so they just believe what they want to believe. And then when the thing that happens that we warned them about happens they just move the goalposts and start arguing how it's not really that bad and we just need to live with it. They also don't think any of this shit will effect them so deep down they don't really care that much. But mark my words if this does come to fruition the leopards will eat their faces.

That is clearly what he tried to do. Hitler did the same thing. Got power and manipulated the levers of power to give him absolute power. And he did it without even having a absolute majority in the legislature.

Normally when people compare Hitler to someone I struggle…… it’s like a weird deal.

Normally when people compare Hitler to someone I struggle…… it’s like a weird deal.

I'm making a comparison as to how Hitler obtained power. Nothing further. I don't view Trump as a NAZI. His favorite daughter and SIL are jewish.

I view him as amoral narcissist who wanted to center power around himself and have people personally loyal to him and not the country.

The text of the 22nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution makes this crystal clear:

"1: No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once."

But for you conspiracy theorists, this is how Trump would get around it. In 2028 Trump runs as a VP candidate, and then the elected president, in a pre-planned event, steps down immediately after he is sworn in. Voila, you have 4 more years of President Trump.*

* For the record, I think that this fear is completely nonsensical.

Clever.

Now tell me how Trump could possibly accomplish such a feat. It's stupid fear mongering.

It's not that he would accomplish it. But I think it is a foregone conclusion that he would forcefully argue that he ought to be able to run for a third term. What on earth has he ever done to make you think he wouldn't?

And what have MAGA done to convince you they wouldn't support him?

Trump is going to minipulate the levers….lol
Then has going to install a draft and take over the world.
I’ll make a deal with you, I’m old….I promise to shoot him if tries it.

I didn't say he was going to try to take over the world. I don't think he actually has much interest in that and is mostly an isolationist.

I do think he's going to center power around himself like Putin has done in Russia.

Unfortunately there is no point in arguing with them. They are morons who will just continue down the road with the death cult. They either refuse to or don't have the ability to critically think. They can't put two and two together so they just believe what they want to believe. And then when the thing that happens that we warned them about happens they just move the goalposts and start arguing how it's not really that bad and we just need to live with it. They also don't think any of this shit will effect them so deep down they don't really care that much. But mark my words if this does come to fruition the leopards will eat their faces.

I give them more credit. . . it's what they want. They want a Trump authoritarian government. If you are on the side of the Authoritarians, it's fun. Hence the reason why they gaslight and pretend that what Trump did wasn't a coup attempt.

But yes they will move the goalposts and just tell us we have to live with it.

MAGA is far too stupid to understand history....far, far, far too stupid

MAGA is far too stupid to understand history....far, far, far too stupid

A lot of their argument seems to rely upon the belief that some people have that "it can't happen here"

No country is immune when a significant percentage of their population supports an authoritarian. And once that authoritarian takes power it's often very hard to take it back. Best case scenario is Spain after Franco and that only happened because Franco had no children so he re-installed the monarchy and Juan Carlos fortunately believed in democracy and wanted to rule only as a constitutional monarch.

Honestly King Juan Carlos is a world hero that doesn't get nearly enough credit. He was sort of handed the keys to an authoritarian government and both willingly and purposefully laid them down.

I could see Donald Jr. moving forward to take the job from DJT, legally. I thought for a while we might see Michelle Obama follow BO seamlessly into office, that’s why we need to form a law or amendment to outlaw a spouse or child from following a president into office…

“democracy is at stake, and Joe Biden is the one man that can save it.”

“Joe Biden is too old, but he doesn’t know that. We must usurp Biden and install a more favorable candidate so that we can save democracy.”

“This is a binary choice. You choose democracy or authoritarianism.”

“I’m moving to France where the 1% makes $110k but everything is taken care of for me”

Yes, but democracy was in danger. CNN told me so.

Nancy didn't bother with security almost like it was an entrapment to be used later as a narrative. They got what they wanted all along.

It will never happen. Just like Trump becoming the GOP nominee and Roe v Wade in jeopardy, it's just leftist fear mongering.
Let’s pretend these perfect idiots are capable of unwinding the million mile ball of yarn that is the construct of the United States Government.

Honestly, does it really matter if they actually succeed in tearing down the structure of government? People act like we have this real democracy, but we don’t. We have a system that has been corrupted by special interests and large sums of money. The two party system no longer serves the majority. Significant numbers of idiots have risen to power the past decade. I fail to see how things could get measurably worse within the political sphere

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
How can you so easily ignore what Trump and The Heritage Foundation are telling us? They literally were attempting to steal 2020 with their fake electors. The SC just helped pave the way for what you say can’t happen. You think we’re all supposed to take your word for it when national historians and Constitutional legal scholars are saying the opposite? Sorry but I’m listening to them. Some are Republicans. I choose them over the serial liar and his supporters. Wake up.

I think being on the ballot in enough states to garner 270 electoral votes is the metric that counts.

That well exceeds my proposition and you know it.

I said a number of states would put him on the ballot or at least try. Which means there will be numerous and serious efforts to put him on the ballot in several states. I would even add that Trump would enthusiastically support those efforts.

That is my bet. We have to define “several” and we have to define “serious effort.” His enthusiastic support I feel so safe about I don’t require a metric.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT