ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps lead counsel Rudy Giuliani liable for 148 million for his lie.

That was a clown level statement.

Did he win 250M? Or was there a sealed settlement?

He didn’t win $250M because his claims lacked merit - no matter what the legions of MAGA legal experts assured us. He did, however, settle some of his claims. They weren’t “sealed.” The terms were confidential.

MAGA Lin Wood sure kicked some ass, huh?

Rudy lied and tried to destroy two people’s lives. Rudy’s lies stirred up a bunch of dumbass mouth breathing MAGA morons who threatened these people’s lives.

FAFO. Personified.

He didn’t win $250M because his claims lacked merit - no matter what the legions of MAGA legal experts assured us. He did, however, settle some of his claims. They weren’t “sealed.” The terms were confidential.

MAGA Lin Wood sure kicked some ass, huh?

Rudy lied and tried to destroy two people’s lives. Rudy’s lies stirred up a bunch of dumbass mouth breathing MAGA morons who threatened these people’s lives.

FAFO. Personified.
Why did they settle smart-ass?

You go ahead with the word games on confidential vs sealed. The end is the same.
There was plenty of merit to his claims and everything you are saying about these poll workers was ten times worse for the high school kid. Because of assholes like you.

You are a wonderful example of your professions bad reputation

Reactions: Section25

You go ahead with the word games on confidential vs sealed. The end is the same.
There was plenty of merit to his claims and everything you are saying about these poll workers was ten times worse for the high school kid. Because of assholes like you.

"Plenty of merit to his claims"... really? The court agreed?? No. and yet look where he is... millions in fines and debt... disgraced... a national joke... a laughingstock, no standing in court and bancrupt. Yep.. "plenty of merit." Just like "lots of good people on both sides" huh? ... 😅😅

Reactions: nelly02

Look up “cost of defense” settlement. Therein lies your answer.

Then why didn’t mega MAGA lawyer Lin Wood take the claims to trial to expose the alleged misdeeds and just how badly Sandmann’s life had been destroyed?

Why would mega MAGA lawyer Lin Wood agree to a confidential settlement amount? Here’s a hint … neither he nor Sandmann wanted the “cost of defense” settlement to be public because it would undermine what was then (and certainly not now) Lin Wood’s facade of a reputation.

Sandmann’s claims were so strong that the news organizations who were willing to put up a fight instead of paying “cost of defense” settlements won dismissals. Lin Wood and his minions were so good that they couldn’t even get the case to the discovery phase.

Because of assholes like you.

Someone is a tad “bent.”

I’m an “asshole” because I point out the hypocrisy of MAGA nation? That’s awfully rich.

As far as my contribution to the “profession’s reputation,” I’ll rest quite comfortably and rely upon the feedback I receive from my client’s, opposing counsel, and the judges before whom I have appeared.

And, if pointing out various posters’ idiocy when it comes to our legal system makes me an “asshole,” so be it. I’ll wear that badge.

Look up “cost of defense” settlement. Therein lies your answer.

Then why didn’t mega MAGA lawyer Lin Wood take the claims to trial to expose the alleged misdeeds and just how badly Sandmann’s life had been destroyed?

Why would mega MAGA lawyer Lin Wood agree to a confidential settlement amount? Here’s a hint … neither he nor Sandmann wanted the “cost of defense” settlement to be public because it would undermine what was then (and certainly not now) Lin Wood’s facade of a reputation.

Sandmann’s claims were so strong that the news organizations who were willing to put up a fight instead of paying “cost of defense” settlements won dismissals. Lin Wood and his minions were so good that they couldn’t even get the case to the discovery phase.

Someone is a tad “bent.”

I’m an “asshole” because I point out the hypocrisy of MAGA nation? That’s awfully rich.

As far as my contribution to the “profession’s reputation,” I’ll rest quite comfortably and rely upon the feedback I receive from my client’s, opposing counsel, and the judges before whom I have appeared.

And, if pointing out various posters’ idiocy when it comes to our legal system makes me an “asshole,” so be it. I’ll wear that badge.
Why would they have much of a cost of defense if his claims had no merit? Simply file a motion to dismiss. No defense needed.

You aren't a very good attorney.

Why would they have much of a cost of defense if his claims had no merit? Simply file a motion to dismiss. No defense needed.

The NY times has spent 7 figures to fight his case including his appeals all the way to SCOTUS. settling for 500K would have been more cost efficient but some media outlets never settle defamation cases as a matter of principle.

hawkedoff getting schooled ITT.

Alex Jones stuck with a $1B judgment for maliciously fabricating false stories about the Sandy Hook murder victims then relentlessly harassed and attacked the grieving families.

Rudy Giuliani concocted fictitious events about the Georgia election process then proceeded to viciously attack and destroy the lives of two innocent poll workers.

Turns out juries tend to severely punish people with power who maliciously and repeatedly defame and destroy the lives of ordinary individuals.

It also turns out that - much to the surprise of hawkedoff - that defamation laws and the justice system allows them to do so.

hawkedoff getting schooled ITT.

Alex Jones stuck with a $1B judgment for maliciously fabricating false stories about the Sandy Hook murder victims then relentlessly harassed and attacked the grieving families.

Rudy Giuliani concocted fictitious events about the Georgia election process then proceeded to viciously attack and destroy the lives of two innocent poll workers.

Turns out juries tend to severely punish people with power who maliciously and repeatedly defame and destroy the lives of ordinary individuals.

It also turns out that - much to the surprise of hawkedoff - that defamation laws and the justice system allows them to do so.
Don’t forget…Fearless Leader attempted to interrupt the orderly transfer of power (treason, by definition) based on the lies Rudy and he fabricated. Ol’#45 belongs in prison…

Reactions: Torg and Joes Place
Trump goons like you stalked them and flooded them with death threats based on Rudy's malicious lies. I'm not sure why you are white knighting an old alcoholic, but, you do you.
yes, remember i'm a goon when you close your eyes at night...we are all around you... 72 million of us. it's a scary world mask up when you go out.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers

I've got 30+ years of experience dealing with clients, opposing counsel, opposing parties, and judges in both state and federal courts across the country who'd opine otherwise.

But, hey, if that's your opinion, "you do you."

The NY times has spent 7 figures to fight his case including his appeals all the way to SCOTUS. settling for 500K would have been more cost efficient but some media outlets never settle defamation cases as a matter of principle.

The strongly rumored $50K to $100K settlement amount paid by a couple of outlets is well within the cost of defense for filing MTDs, briefing MTDs, arguing the MTDs, and appellate court costs.

@hawkedoff is demonstrating his naïveté.

gallery-1469554166-payday2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT