ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's Play with the Squad

Sure it does. White nationalism is tasty shit. Mofos be lining up for all they can eat like the FBnBB4Life family at the Golden Corral.

Correct. (To a point) And by keeping the light on the squad, any message the Dems promote are subordinate to them. It neutralizes Dem leadership.

Look, the squad just sucked all the air away from the Presidential candidates.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
Trump will do what he can to keep the 4 freshmen Congresswoman in the forefront. The more light he shines on them, the more average Americans think they are the face of the Dems.
You don't think that what Trump did puts them in a sympathetic light? Or at least gives the democratic party something to unite them, opposed to the stories of infighting we have seen here recently?

I just don't see who would think this is a good move. Except, you know, the racists.

You don't think that what Trump did puts them in a sympathetic light? Or at least gives the democratic party something to unite them, opposed to the stories of infighting we have seen here recently?

I just don't see who would think this is a good move. Except, you know, the racists.

I don't think so, but that doesn't mean others would view it in the same context. I highly doubt anybody feels sympathy for AOC or Omar. And I think many people find them repulsive.

Last edited:
It was a bad thing to say. But I just watched those four wackos hold a press conference that more than offset it.

Don't you agree that Trump plans to keep them in the spotlight so the Presidential candidates take back stage?

This also puts the Presidential candidates in an awkward position. At least in my humble opinion.

Reactions: biggreydogs
Honestly, if you are independent and you believe this and it scares you, you aren't actually an independent.

Respectfully, how could you have possibly read this and assumed I was implying I was scared?

I was referring to his base and I certainly don't include myself in what I consider his base.

It just blows me away how people draw conclusions, but I'm sure I the same.

Reactions: lawsonhawk
I don't think so, but that doesn't mean others would view it in the same context. I highly doubt anybody feels for sympathy for AOC or Omar. And I think many people find them repulsive.
I don't find them repulsive, but I am an independent. Naïve, perhaps. They basically have the same kind of appeal as Trump, just on the other side of the spectrum.

It was a bad thing to say. But I just watched those four wackos hold a press conference that more than offset it.

You mean this press conference:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a Democrat from New York, said she was not surprised by President Trump's racist attacks.

"I am not surprised when the President says that four sitting members of congress should 'go back to their own country' when he has authorized raids without warrants on thousands of families across this country. I am not surprised that he used the rhetoric that he does when he violates international human rights and takes thousands of children away from their families," she said at a news conference today.
Ocasio-Cortez vowed to stay focused despite the President's recent attacks.

"We'll stay focused on our agenda and we won't get caught slipping. Because all of this is a distraction. It is a distraction from what is most important and from our core values as American citizens," she said.

Ocasio-Cortez argued the president was attacking the four congresswomen because he can't defend his own policies.

"Weak minds and leaders challenge loyalty to our country in order to avoid challenging and debating the policy," she said at the press conference.

"He can’t look a child in the face and he can’t look at all Americans and justify why this country is throwing them in cages," she said. "So instead he tells us that I should go back to the great borough of the Bronx and make it better. And that’s what I’m here to do."

She also told a story about her dad bringing her to the Capitol reflecting pool as a child and telling her the nation's capital belongs to everyone.

"I want to tell children across this country is that no matter what the president says, this country belongs to you," Ocasio-Cortez said. "And it belongs to everyone and today that notion, that very notion was challenged."

Ya - totally out of line. Complete on par or ever more egregious than the tweets. You cute little closet Trumpian.

Don't you agree that Trump plans to keep them in the spotlight so the Presidential candidates take back stage?

This also puts the Presidential candidates in an awkward position. At least in my humble opinion.
If he is that clever, sure. I tend to think he just made the crude remarks because that’s what he does. But yes, anything that puts them in the spotlight helps him politically, and this specific slur puts the candidates in the position of having to defend the four wackos when most of the candidates would rather pretend they didn’t exist.

You mean this press conference:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, a Democrat from New York, said she was not surprised by President Trump's racist attacks.

"I am not surprised when the President says that four sitting members of congress should 'go back to their own country' when he has authorized raids without warrants on thousands of families across this country. I am not surprised that he used the rhetoric that he does when he violates international human rights and takes thousands of children away from their families," she said at a news conference today.
Ocasio-Cortez vowed to stay focused despite the President's recent attacks.

"We'll stay focused on our agenda and we won't get caught slipping. Because all of this is a distraction. It is a distraction from what is most important and from our core values as American citizens," she said.

Ocasio-Cortez argued the president was attacking the four congresswomen because he can't defend his own policies.

"Weak minds and leaders challenge loyalty to our country in order to avoid challenging and debating the policy," she said at the press conference.

"He can’t look a child in the face and he can’t look at all Americans and justify why this country is throwing them in cages," she said. "So instead he tells us that I should go back to the great borough of the Bronx and make it better. And that’s what I’m here to do."

She also told a story about her dad bringing her to the Capitol reflecting pool as a child and telling her the nation's capital belongs to everyone.

"I want to tell children across this country is that no matter what the president says, this country belongs to you," Ocasio-Cortez said. "And it belongs to everyone and today that notion, that very notion was challenged."

Ya - totally out of line. Complete on par or ever more egregious than the tweets. You cute little closet Trumpian.
I was referring to them negating the political effect, but think what you will. And for the record, nice cherry picking from the presser.

Reactions: CockosaurusRem
If he is that clever, sure. I tend to think he just made the crude remarks because that’s what he does. But yes, anything that puts them in the spotlight helps him politically, and this specific slur puts the candidates in the position of having to defend the four wackos when most of the candidates would rather pretend they didn’t exist.
Pretty easy to defend. As POTUS I don't think they need to leave the country if you disagree with me.

Herkmeister has made a cogent political insight.
President Trump has taken the oxygen out of
the room for the 20 Democrat candidates who want
to be President. Now the main stream media is
giving face time and TV cameras on the 4 squad
members.

I'm not sure if the squad is ready for the prime time. My guess is he'll still use Hillary until there are no miles left.

That said, with some practice, I could MAGAs being able to alternate their chants:

"LOCK HER UP! SEND THEM BACK!"

"KICK THEM OUT!" might also work.

So his goal to win is to not attack his opponents? Personally, I think this is a terrible strategy.

Do you think that Obama would have won if he only talked about Steve King?

So his goal to win is to not attack his opponents? Personally, I think this is a terrible strategy.

Do you think that Obama would have won if he only talked about Steve King?

JHC you libs are creative. LOL

I think he'll try to the pull the oxygen away from them now but certainly he'll attack.

You think I implied a single prong attack? :confused:

Damn Huey, shitty weekend or what? ;)

Pretty easy to defend. As POTUS I don't think they need to leave the country if you disagree with me.
I'm not expressing myself well, for which I apologize.

No, of course it isn't hard to defend them against what Trump said. It was a dumb thing to say, and worse, it smacks of the kind of intolerance we aren't supposed to see anymore. He was stupid to say it. I guess I may have made my point clearer if I had said it forces the candidates to get into bed with the Squad, and even Pelosi doesn't want to do that.

The more reason people have to see the Squad as the face of the Democratic Party, the better it is for Republicans in general and Trump in particular.

Herkmeister has made a cogent political insight.
President Trump has taken the oxygen out of
the room for the 20 Democrat candidates who want
to be President. Now the main stream media is
giving face time and TV cameras on the 4 squad
members.
Yep. Its over for the dems. This current kerfluffle will last until the election, hell this will probably preclude the dems from even being able to come up with a nominee.

I think he'll try to the pull the oxygen away from them now but certainly he'll attack.

I got lots of ass this weekend. Literally. So great weekend. ;)

I just think that it's a tricky balancing act. Ignore the real Dems for a while, and spend a whole bunch of time, money, and effort on four freshmen Congress members who aren't even running.

Reactions: Herkmeister
@ The Devil

Presidential campaigns go from one week to the next.
Each week someone wins and someone loses. Any
time you can keep all the Democrat candidates off
the TV screen for one week, then you won that week.

I don’t see them as the face of the Democratic Party, Currently I really don’t see anyone as the face.
Likewise I don’t see anyone as the face of the Republican Party, It’s as if the Republican Party just disappeared.
Trump is his own party/cult, His ability to sway Republicans to join in his ideology has been disappointing and yet remarkable to watch.

Yep. Its over for the dems. This current kerfluffle will last until the election, hell this will probably preclude the dems from even being able to come up with a nominee.
^^^^^^This. The little news this making now will be a "nothing burger"... no I didn't make that up myself! When the time comes... the Dems will have plenty of ammo to present to any possible undecided voters.

Under the category of "What stupid shit did Trump do today" these four Congresswomen will have the last laugh.

@ The Devil

Presidential campaigns go from one week to the next.
Each week someone wins and someone loses. Any
time you can keep all the Democrat candidates off
the TV screen for one week, then you won that week.
I disagree. My sense from observing from (relatively speaking) afar—being that I don't watch any of the poltical/news TV—is that people tire of the race for POTUS story. This "Squad" stuff provides a break from that. And just as Trump can float trial balloons and the rest of the GOP can sit back and observe, the Squad can do the same for the power class of the Dems (Pelosi, for example).

I'm not expressing myself well, for which I apologize.

No, of course it isn't hard to defend them against what Trump said. It was a dumb thing to say, and worse, it smacks of the kind of intolerance we aren't supposed to see anymore. He was stupid to say it. I guess I may have made my point clearer if I had said it forces the candidates to get into bed with the Squad, and even Pelosi doesn't want to do that.

The more reason people have to see the Squad as the face of the Democratic Party, the better it is for Republicans in general and Trump in particular.

In the end I don't think it will matter folks have made up their mind on Trump one way or the other. Candidates that are on the ballot decide elections. It will be up to the Dem nominee to convince folks he/she is the better choice.

It brings up impeachment which Pelosi doesn't want. Trump really lit them up and giving Nancy more in-house issues to take care of. Who runs the show on that side?

Which of the forgotten 20 will set into the ring against Trump and take the first shot at him?

Reactions: Herkmeister
^^^^^^This. The little news this making now will be a "nothing burger"... no I didn't make that up myself! When the time comes... the Dems will have plenty of ammo to present to any possible undecided voters.

Under the category of "What stupid shit did Trump do today" these four Congresswomen will have the last laugh.
I can't wait till your party picks either old Joe or crazy Bernie and they start rolling out the AOC sound bites where she questions their mental capacity and age.

I think they still have a chance. Especially if Trump is in prison.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT