ADVERTISEMENT

Trump's top pick for Chief of Staff turns down job

Seriously, who is going to willingly jump onto this sinking ship? Anyone who is offered this job should first make a stop at the FBI offices. They won't arrest you if you are an informant.

The truth is Ayers is the Chief of Staff for VP Pence.
He has planned on leaving that position this month.
Ayers was only rumored to be a consideration to
replace General Kelly, but he was never asked by
President Trump

Headline for this thread is false. Ayers never turned
down President Trump for Chief of Staff at White House
Difficult to turn down a job, if you were never asked in the
first place...

President Trump

first place...
Then you don't float his name as a replacement. Stop making excuses for this circus of incompetent idiots.

Could it be that Republicans are finally realizing what The New Yorker did 5 months ago?

DC072617A.jpg

President Trump

first place...
Whatever makes you feel better, Lute. Even the WSJ reported that Ayers already had agreed in principle to take the job and was negotiating terms with Trump when he bailed out.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pence-...nt-be-next-white-house-staff-chief-1544389556

Reactions: MitchL
Word on the street is that even Trump's second tier guys don't want the job.

"A person familiar with Mnuchin’s thinking told Politico that he is very happy in his current spot as Treasury secretary and thinks that’s where he can be of best use.

In an appearance on CBS’s Face the Nation, Lighthizersignaled he’s not interested in the chief of staff job, telling Margaret Brennan that no one had talked to him about the job.

“I haven’t spoken to anyone,” Lighthizer said. “I’m entirely focused on what I’m trying to do and — it’s difficult enough.”

Politico’s Nancy Cook reported that Mulvaney is also no longer interested in the job."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/12/10/18134300/trump-chief-of-staff-nick-ayers-kelly

Let me be the first to congratulate the Fox News intern that will soon be Trump's new CoS!

His name shouldnt have been floated. He has three little girls at home and was wanting to be home more. I assume babysitting Trump is a full time gig
I seriously doubt family was the real reason.

He young and has a full career ahead of him and got out while he could still arguably distance himself from Trump.

Word on the street is that even Trump's second tier guys don't want the job.

"A person familiar with Mnuchin’s thinking told Politico that he is very happy in his current spot as Treasury secretary and thinks that’s where he can be of best use.

In an appearance on CBS’s Face the Nation, Lighthizersignaled he’s not interested in the chief of staff job, telling Margaret Brennan that no one had talked to him about the job.

“I haven’t spoken to anyone,” Lighthizer said. “I’m entirely focused on what I’m trying to do and — it’s difficult enough.”

Politico’s Nancy Cook reported that Mulvaney is also no longer interested in the job."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/12/10/18134300/trump-chief-of-staff-nick-ayers-kelly

He’ll probably go all in and bring back Lewandoski or Gorka or some loyalist like that. Or maybe even Ivanka.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Whitaker seems like someone who would take the job. As I have posted before, he seems like a doofus.
With the Dems taking over the House, criminal indictments looming against a lot of people, and Mueller's report about to land, this is a horrible job. It wouldn't be all bad, except the boss is a moron who won't listen, has no impulse control, and keeps doing corrupt things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT