ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's team bracing for special counsel's report on classified docs

That's a separate issue.

The "age" and "mental decline" is a COMMON issue for each of them.
I'll be 50 next month and I can honestly say I'm not as sharp as I was when I was in my 20s. ...of course, it doesn't help I have fibromyalgia and get "brain fog" days, but I'm certainly not in denial that I have off moments and even days.

I didn't ask if you had "multiple issues" with Trump.

I asked you to post prior posting where YOU complained about Trump's age and mental decline, like you are about Biden.

OR, is this just a Biden issue for you? (which is what I've observed)
You stated that I would have no issues voting for Trump. I asked you to justify that. You moved the goalpost.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
So, let's play this out (hypothetically). Mike Martin, FSU's former and legendary Baseball coach, retired in 2019. He just died of dementia. Let's say that Joe also has dementia (or confabulation which may lead to dementia), but his staff is keeping it under wraps. You are willingly okay with electing a staff? How well do you know Biden's staff? Why don't we have Biden's staff attend the next debate; like a round-table. Joe can just sit out and let them handle it.

It's 2027 and Biden's mental acuity has declined another 3 years and he's sitting down with the Iranian President, but he forgets where he is or who he is talking to. How does the staff handle this? Do they swoop in with a fake phone call and usher him out of the room? Why is the left not concerned about this...like at all? Meh, Joe's got a great staff. It'll be fine. If it's all about the "competent" staff why the hell do we even bother electing a President. Why don't we amend the constitution to elect a governing board of directors?
You ask things like this but don't consider what Trump did and has said he will do this time. you saw who he had on his staff and the multitude of issues they had. On top of that Trump has shown signs of his age... plus looks like a ticking time bomb regarding his heart/waistline and dietary choices, but not a peep.

Again, this comes down to Biden and company who have been just fine or Trump and company who are dangerous. Biden an company are an easy choice.

Reactions: nelly02
I'll be 50 next month and I can honestly say I'm not as sharp as I was when I was in my 20s. ...of course, it doesn't help I have fibromyalgia and get "brain fog" days, but I'm certainly not in denial that I have off moments and even days.

I've known people, personally, who have been quite sharp well into their 80s (one was a former physician who was >90).
Others who are borderline vegetables at 65.

No; if you and your buddy have posted, explicitly complaining about Trump's mental decline and age, then clearly you see that as an "equal issue".

It is when you and your buddies ONLY bring this up as a "Biden issue".

Too hard to understand here?
You moved the goalpost. This is about you making a claim that I support Trump and will be voting for him. You focused on one single thing that you want me to say to prove to you that I don't have issues with Trump.

I've known people, personally, who have been quite sharp well into their 80s (one was a former physician who was >90).
Others who are borderline vegetables at 65.
Same. Heck, I look at Dolly at age 78 vs my MIL at 75. Geebus. Night and day.

Should be entertaining testimony.

Scoop: Hur making plans to testify to GOP panel about Biden​

Special counsel Robert Hur is in final talks to publicly testify before Congress in early March about his report on President Biden's handling of classified documents, a GOP aide tells Axios.

Why it matters: House Republicans are salivating about the chance to ask Hur about Biden's fitness for office.

• Biden, his White House and his personal lawyer have been bashing Hur over his report, which cleared Biden of criminal wrongdoing but painted the president, 81, as having "diminished faculties" and a "poor memory."
Zoom in: Hur already is thinking about his testimony and has reached out to former Justice Department colleagues to potentially help him prepare, a person familiar with the matter told Axios.

• Hur, a former U.S. attorney who was a Trump appointee, has been in discussions with Sarah Isgur — the head of public affairs and a senior counselor to Trump's deputy attorney general during the Mueller investigation — to help him navigate a congressional hearing.
Zoom out: During the past week, Biden's team — including his personal lawyer Bob Bauer — has called Hur's report "gratuitous," "shoddy," "politically motivated," "inappropriate," and "inconsistent with [Justice Department] policy and norms."

• The report was the result of a year-long investigation into Biden's handling of classified documents after he was vice president.
  • Hur likely would testify in front of the House Judiciary Committee, and be asked to address the Biden team's characterization of the report.
  • The Justice Department declined to comment.
  • A person close to Biden's team told Axios: "As Hur mounts his campaign, there will be another story to tell — of Hur and his deputy being two aggressive political prosecutors from the Trump administration who decided to gun for Biden in an election year for their own political futures as Republicans."
Hur's testimony could help clarify a part of the report that particularly angered Biden — Hur's writing that the president "did not remember, even within several years, when his son Beau died."

• Beau Biden died of brain cancer in 2015; he was 46.
  • Joe Biden was infuriated by the report's claim, telling reporters hours after the report was released: "How in the hell dare he raise that? Frankly, when I was asked the question I thought to myself, it wasn't any of their damn business."
  • NBC News reported Wednesday that during Hur's interviews: "It was the president, not Hur or his team, who first introduced Beau Biden's death." Axios has not been able to independently verify the report.
  • The White House hasn't said whether Biden misremembered his son's death by "several years," as Hur wrote. Asked whether that part of Hur's report was inaccurate, a White House spokesperson did not respond.
Between the lines: The disputes over the report's contents will put further pressure on the White House to authorize the release of the transcript of Hur's five-plus hours of interviews of Biden on Oct. 8 and 9, just after the Israel-Hamas war began.

• Any release would have to undergo a security review. The White House hasn't committed to release it, and House Republicans could issue a subpoena for the interviews' transcript and recordings if their request for it this week is denied.
Legal scholars have criticized Hur's descriptions of Biden's age and memory as a cheap shot, but some Democrats worry Hur's testimony and the transcript could undermine Biden's initial response as he tried to dismiss the report's conclusions about his mental acuity.

The bottom line: House Republicans' impeachment inquiry into the president so far hasn't produced the damning evidence that GOP leaders said it would.

• Now they see a new opportunity to ding Biden ahead of the 2024 election by digging into the details of Hur's investigation.
They can’t leave well enough alone. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Yeah. And Biden isn’t one of them. You guys all act like we don’t have decades of experience watching Biden and how he has acted to compare it to how he is now. Which is completely different and much much worse.

You ask things like this but don't consider what Trump did and has said he will do this time. you saw who he had on his staff and the multitude of issues they had. On top of that Trump has shown signs of his age... plus looks like a ticking time bomb regarding his heart/waistline and dietary choices, but not a peep.

Again, this comes down to Biden and company who have been just fine or Trump and company who are dangerous. Biden an company are an easy choice.
We're not discussing Trump. We're discussing Biden. If I break my arm do I really need to go on and on about how much it hurts? No. You know it hurts and will likely understand the minute I say, "OUCH!"

Too many people are on here completely unfazed by Biden's clear mental decline. Hell, did you not watch Jon Stewart and Bill Mayer's commentary on Joe? It's as though saying, "Ya, President Biden is fading fast and I'm not sure if he can make it another 5 years" translates to, "YAY! TRUMP!"

...to your point of Trump, I've made it pretty clear I've never voted for him and never will. My hope is he'll be in prison by the time November rolls around.

Yeah. And Biden isn’t one of them. You guys all act like we don’t have decades of experience watching Biden and how he has acted to compare it to how he is now. Which is completely different and much much worse.
I kept seeing people post about Biden's stuttering issue, so I went back to the archives and watched speech after speech and he actually does very well.

Just look at him here:

Compared to here:

Reactions: Ghee Buttersnaps
We're not discussing Trump. We're discussing Biden. If I break my arm do I really need to go on and on about how much it hurts? No. You know it hurts and will likely understand the minute I say, "OUCH!"

Too many people are on here completely unfazed by Biden's clear mental decline. Hell, did you not watch Jon Stewart and Bill Mayer's commentary on Joe? It's as though saying, "Ya, President Biden is fading fast and I'm not sure if he can make it another 5 years" translates to, "YAY! TRUMP!"

...to your point of Trump, I've made it pretty clear I've never voted for him and never will. My hope is he'll be in prison by the time November rolls around.
If you aren't voting for Trump then the only real option left is Biden. Yes he's old, forgetful, makes gaffs and has mental lapses, but it's disingenuous to not mention Trump having similar issues at nearly the same age. One has been ok while the other is a danger. So, why keep harping and "asking questions about Biden" when he's the only rational choice?

If you aren't voting for Trump then the only real option left is Biden. Yes he's old, forgetful, makes gaffs and has mental lapses, but it's disingenuous to not mention Trump having similar issues at nearly the same age. One has been ok while the other is a danger. So, why keep harping and "asking questions about Biden" when he's the only rational choice?
Because we're discussing Biden. Biden is the current President, not Trump. I'll jump back to the main page and we can discuss what I see in Trump if you like. I'm capable of discussing Biden without mentioning Trump a single time. It's really pretty easy. I can also discuss Trump without mentioning Biden.

I've already told you, I will not be voting for either one of those "candidates". Call it my personal protest against what the two parties are forcing on Americans. It's my right and I will execute it how I see fit. I also understand why people are choosing to vote for Biden and respect their right as well. The folks on here, though, that are doing it without concern are being completely disingenuous. I'm fine with the "hold their nose and vote for Biden" folks.

But why every.single.American isn't disgusted with what the two parties are putting forth is beyond me. I would absolutely LOVE it if this is the scenario:

Biden votes for himself, Trump votes for himself, resulting in a tie. Trump winds up getting convicted and congress has to appoint Biden. ...but 100% of Americans refused to vote out of protest. Aint happening, but I sure would love it if it did.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Because we're discussing Biden. Biden is the current President, not Trump. I'll jump back to the main page and we can discuss what I see in Trump if you like. I'm capable of discussing Biden without mentioning Trump a single time. It's really pretty easy. I can also discuss Trump without mentioning Biden.

I've already told you, I will not be voting for either one of those "candidates". Call it my personal protest against what the two parties are forcing on Americans. It's my right and I will execute it how I see fit. I also understand why people are choosing to vote for Biden and respect their right as well. The folks on here, though, that are doing it without concern are being completely disingenuous. I'm fine with the "hold their nose and vote for Biden" folks.

But why every.single.American isn't disgusted with what the two parties are putting forth is beyond me. I would absolutely LOVE it if this is the scenario:

Biden votes for himself, Trump votes for himself, resulting in a tie. Trump winds up getting convicted and congress has to appoint Biden. ...but 100% of Americans refused to vote out of protest. Aint happening, but I sure would love it if it did.
Ad you said, "ain't happening." And, I'm not thrilled with Biden, but also realize he's the only logical choice so he is who I will vote for... or if he drops out, is replaced, etc... I'll vote for whoever that person might be. None of the rest matters due to all of the issues and baggage coming with Trump.

I think the vast vast majority of Biden voters are the hold your nose types. I like what he's done but also realize his issues due to age and would prefer another option but it is what we got. I will take that option every single time over the other option it isn't even close.

16 pages to simply say, "Potato vs Narcissist Criminal 2024"

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

• Sad
Reactions: Tom Paris
I think the vast vast majority of Biden voters are the hold your nose types. I like what he's done but also realize his issues due to age and would prefer another option but it is what we got. I will take that option every single time over the other option it isn't even close.
Hopefully you're at least pissed about it. Like, after you vote [for Biden] you walk out and push an old person over and kick a trash can.

• Haha
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Hopefully you're at least pissed about it. Like, after you vote [for Biden] you walk out and push an old person over and kick a trash can.
I'd love to see that.

Exit Poller, "Excuse me, sir, you're clearly pissed off today. Was there something wrong with the voting machine?"

Voter, "Ya! My choices were Trump and Biden and I was forced to choose Biden!!"

Angry Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Last edited:
Who on earth said he was an idiot? ...given I have certain tolls on ignore. That PACT act was huge (I credit Jon Stewart with that one, though ;) )
Well, when they call him a potato I'm not sure exactly how that means he's intelligent. Stupid people on this board CONSTANTLY attack his mental acuity. He's smarter than them. It's like me telling Lebron he sucks at basketball. It would be ridiculous.

Reactions: nelly02
Well, when they call him a potato I'm not sure exactly how that means he's intelligent. Stupid people on this board CONSTANTLY attack his mental acuity. He's smarter than them. It's like me telling Lebron he sucks at basketball. It would be ridiculous.
I get what you're saying and I have a few thoughts (no particular order):

- Just because you're President, doesn't mean you're more Intelligent than the average citizen. You may have more knowledge in certain areas and in some cases maybe more wisdom. We have some Intelligent posters on this site as well as some very knowledgeable people, depending on the topic(s).

- I don't think Biden is a "potato" although I think I did make a funny meme to that point, but I do think his ability to maintain the office is coming to an end quicker than people want to admit and that is very concerning. I don't think it's fair to put that burden on his wife or his staff.

- If our only requirement, at this point, is "Not Trump", then Haley or a Manchin/Romney ticket will get my vote w/o hesitation. My post in #586 is hypothetical, but if something like that were to happen would you say, "That's not good, but Trump's handling would be worse." Or would you be like, "Holy $hit! 25th Amendment!"

I get what you're saying and I have a few thoughts (no particular order):

- Just because you're President, doesn't mean you're more Intelligent than the average citizen. You may have more knowledge in certain areas and in some cases maybe more wisdom. We have some Intelligent posters on this site as well as some very knowledgeable people, depending on the topic(s).

- I don't think Biden is a "potato" although I think I did make a funny meme to that point, but I do think his ability to maintain the office is coming to an end quicker than people want to admit and that is very concerning. I don't think it's fair to put that burden on his wife or his staff.

- If our only requirement, at this point, is "Not Trump", then Haley or a Manchin/Romney ticket will get my vote w/o hesitation. My post in #586 is hypothetical, but if something like that were to happen would you say, "That's not good, but Trump's handling would be worse." Or would you be like, "Holy $hit! 25th Amendment!"
I agree with your first point except that in this case, Joe Biden is more intelligent than the people on this board who call him stupid. My evidence is that the people on here who generally attack his intelligence fell for a conman and voted for him 2 times.

I agree with your first point except that in this case, Joe Biden is more intelligent than the people on this board who call him stupid. My evidence is that the people on here who generally attack his intelligence fell for a conman and voted for him 2 times.
I agree, to call him stupid is lazy. Hell, Trump isn't stupid either.

Lol good grief.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT