ADVERTISEMENT

Biden's team bracing for special counsel's report on classified docs

None of this matters because I'd rather have a dead Biden than an alive Trump. Anything to avoid danger works for me so if that's an old forgetful man... so be it. If GOP would have had a decent option I'd have given it consideration, but no way I'm voting Trump. Ever.

GOP never, ever had an issue with Ronald Reagan, and his cognitive declines.

...but that was SO 1980's....

Reactions: B1GDeal
I asked you to link your prior posts criticizing Trump's "mental acuity" as you do for Biden.

Or, is that only a "Biden" issue, for you?
I have multiple issues with Biden, just as I did with Trump.

Post your evidence that I have no trouble voting for Trump. Post any evidence that I have ever said I voted for Trump, or would vote for Trump. You made the claim, now back it up.

Yet, he has STILL be able to negotiate major legislation w/ the opposing party at his age.

Something Trump WAS never capable of, and WILL never be capable of.

Biden will surround himself with capable and honest people to make up for whatever shortcomings his "mental declines" bring. Trump will NOT.
That’s why I have repeatedly said I don’t want Trump to be President. I didn’t want him before and I certainly don’t want him again. But Biden doesn’t have to be the only other option.

None of this matters because I'd rather have a dead Biden than an alive Trump. Anything to avoid danger works for me so if that's an old forgetful man... so be it. If GOP would have had a decent option I'd have given it consideration, but no way I'm voting Trump. Ever.
The main concern IMO is it would be nice to not be relying on a soon to be 82 year old that’s lost a little off his fastball to beat Trump.

If he has a Mitch McConnel moment in the middle of the State of the Union…watch out.

Reactions: TJ8869

Post your evidence that I have no trouble voting for Trump. Post any evidence that I have ever said I voted for Trump, or would vote for Trump. You made the claim, now back it up.
Doesn’t matter. Unless you say Trump is worse when talking about Biden you’re considered full on MAGA.

It does matter because there is still time for the Dems to run someone other than Biden. I don’t want Trump under any circumstances, but I would much rather have someone besides Biden.
If this administration can continue and build on what they have accomplished the last 3+ years, another 4 years with Biden looks pretty good to me.

Reactions: Joes Place
GOP never, ever had an issue with Ronald Reagan, and his cognitive declines.

...but that was SO 1980's....
Democrats pointed out his age and cognitive skills constantly during his second term. And that was in a time before internet message boards and social media gave everyone a platform to make noise.

Reagan was the same age when he left the White House that Biden was when he entered it. Imagine Reagan plus 8 years.

If 78-year-old Reagan was President right now you guys would absolutely never shut up about his age and mental acuity.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
cicislogopromo_0.jpg

The main concern IMO is it would be nice to not be relying on a soon to be 82 year old that’s lost a little off his fastball to beat Trump.

If he has a Mitch McConnel moment in the middle of the State of the Union…watch out.
I agree I’d also much rather have someone in their 40s or 50s, but right now this is who we have and the choice to vote Biden even at his age is easy.

I didn't ask if you had "multiple issues" with Trump.

I asked you to post prior posting where YOU complained about Trump's age and mental decline, like you are about Biden.

OR, is this just a Biden issue for you? (which is what I've observed)

That’s why I have repeatedly said I don’t want Trump to be President. I didn’t want him before and I certainly don’t want him again. But Biden doesn’t have to be the only other option.
He's currently the only other option if you want to keep Trump out of the WH

Unless Nikki Haley can pull a Hail Mary.

Reactions: Joes Place
Doesn’t matter. Unless you say Trump is worse when talking about Biden you’re considered full on MAGA.

No; if you and your buddy have posted, explicitly complaining about Trump's mental decline and age, then clearly you see that as an "equal issue".

It is when you and your buddies ONLY bring this up as a "Biden issue".

Too hard to understand here?

If this administration can continue and build on what they have accomplished the last 3+ years, another 4 years with Biden looks pretty good to me.

Because even with some mental decline, Biden has surrounded himself with competent people who will support him and America.

Trump will not. He will fill the Exec branch with lackeys and folks who only want power to serve themselves.

Because even with some mental decline, Biden has surrounded himself with competent people who will support him and America.

Trump will not. He will fill the Exec branch with lackeys and folks who only want power to serve themselves.
So, let's play this out (hypothetically). Mike Martin, FSU's former and legendary Baseball coach, retired in 2019. He just died of dementia. Let's say that Joe also has dementia (or confabulation which may lead to dementia), but his staff is keeping it under wraps. You are willingly okay with electing a staff? How well do you know Biden's staff? Why don't we have Biden's staff attend the next debate; like a round-table. Joe can just sit out and let them handle it.

It's 2027 and Biden's mental acuity has declined another 3 years and he's sitting down with the Iranian President, but he forgets where he is or who he is talking to. How does the staff handle this? Do they swoop in with a fake phone call and usher him out of the room? Why is the left not concerned about this...like at all? Meh, Joe's got a great staff. It'll be fine. If it's all about the "competent" staff why the hell do we even bother electing a President. Why don't we amend the constitution to elect a governing board of directors?

So, let's play this out (hypothetically). Mike Martin, FSU's former and legendary Baseball coach, retired in 2019. He just died of dementia. Let's say that Joe also has dementia (or confabulation which may lead to dementia), but his staff is keeping it under wraps. You are willingly okay with electing a staff?

I think his staff and those around him will tell him to step aside IF things get bad.
Because, again, I think he has put honest, competent people around him that will put the good of the country before party.

So, let's play this out (hypothetically). Mike Martin, FSU's former and legendary Baseball coach, retired in 2019. He just died of dementia. Let's say that Joe also has dementia (or confabulation which may lead to dementia), but his staff is keeping it under wraps. You are willingly okay with electing a staff? How well do you know Biden's staff? Why don't we have Biden's staff attend the next debate; like a round-table. Joe can just sit out and let them handle it.

It's 2027 and Biden's mental acuity has declined another 3 years and he's sitting down with the Iranian President, but he forgets where he is or who he is talking to. How does the staff handle this? Do they swoop in with a fake phone call and usher him out of the room? Why is the left not concerned about this...like at all? Meh, Joe's got a great staff. It'll be fine. If it's all about the "competent" staff why the hell do we even bother electing a President. Why don't we amend the constitution to elect a governing board of directors?
You’re not wrong. I do think this is one to hold your nose and vote for him though. The alternative is not an option.

I think his staff and those around him will tell him to step aside IF things get bad.
Because, again, I think he has put honest, competent people around him that will put the good of the country before party.
But you're not even bothered by it. The way you respond I get the impression that the below scenario is no worse than a sports commentator calling a player by the wrong name.

Ebrahim Raisi, "Good afternoon, Mr. President"

Joe Biden, "Good afternoon, President Raisi. Thank you for agreeing to sit down with me"

[pleasantries exchanged...meat of the discussion starts]

Joe Biden, "President Herzog, it's come to my attention that...stutters...long pause...looks down....longer pause...the Iraqi people...I mean...." Staff rushes over, "Mr. President, we have a situation that requires your immediate attention."

☝️based on what your saying, this is A-OK because, "NOT TRUMP!" and "COMPENTANT STAFF!"

Good Lord, I can start to see why some posters on here are willing to move to another country.

But you're not even bothered by it.

Because I see him STILL competently getting major legislation negotiated with Congress AND continuing to lead in supporting Ukraine.

Results are what matter for me. Maybe soundbites are what grind your gears.

Because I see him STILL competently getting major legislation negotiated with Congress AND continuing to lead in supporting Ukraine.

My scenario follows a logical path down a declining mental state. I clearly typed 2027 not 2023. My concern is next term, not "Phew!, he made it through the first one and managed to get some things done." Why didn't Brett Favre just keep on playing? He had some good players around him.

That’s all fine. It’s the next four years people are concerned about.

Biden is clearly in decline. People don’t level off at age 82. The next four years are going to be ugly.

Reactions: Finance85
My scenario follows a logical path down a declining mental state.
And, as I've stated, that's an addressable issue WITH a competent administration behind him.

It's not a perfect situation, but light years ahead of letting MAGA control the country and "try again" on another coup.

No; if you and your buddy have posted, explicitly complaining about Trump's mental decline and age, then clearly you see that as an "equal issue".

It is when you and your buddies ONLY bring this up as a "Biden issue".

Too hard to understand here?
Well I've diagnosed Trump with Narcissistic Personality Disorder so I hope that's sufficient for you...

Probably not 😆
He has Narcissistic Personality Disorder so he simply couldn't help himself....

I think he believed everything coming out of his mouth.....

Posted this a few times but here's my amateur hour diagnosis......

Tell me this isn't Trump to a T

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental health condition in which people have an unreasonably high sense of their own importance. They need and seek too much attention and want people to admire them. People with this disorder may lack the ability to understand or care about the feelings of others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence, they are not sure of their self-worth and are easily upset by the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial matters. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration that they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships troubled and unfulfilling, and other people may not enjoy being around them.

Treatment for narcissistic personality disorder centers around talk therapy, also called psychotherapy.

Narcissistic personality disorder affects more males than females, and it often begins in the teens or early adulthood. Some children may show traits of narcissism, but this is often typical for their age and doesn't mean they'll go on to develop narcissistic personality disorder.

Maybe his lawyers can gen up an insanity defense 😂

Narcissistic Personality Disorder, for instance, like any other mental disorder or specific psychopathology, must, by definition, in order to be properly diagnosed, be a) statistically deviant from the norm, and b) associated with clinically significant distress, impairment or disability or with significant risk of negative consequences to self and/or others. Indeed, unlike most other mental disorders, personality disorders such as NPD (or Antisocial Personality Disorder) are less characterized by egodystonic subjective suffering than by suffering inflicted upon others, in the form of cruelty, verbal abusiveness, bullying, manipulation, deception, and, in more extreme cases, physical violence. (In my own clinical experience as a forensic psychologist, the narcissist does unconsciously suffer from his or her childhood wounds, and, ultimately, from the negative effects on interpersonal relationships engendered by his or her narcissistic defenses.)

Reactions: alaskanseminole
lol

Good lord...so saying Trump is a Psychopathic Narcissist isn't enough?

You're so predictable 😆
It's hard to watch Trump and Biden, but for completely different reasons. There's gaffes, then there is what we see with Biden...looks completely lost. My contention is those who don't see it, have never experienced it first hand. My FIL currently has dementia and I lost both my grandmother and aunt to Alzheimer's. It's a terrible disease and horrible to watch someone lose themselves. My childhood friend's mother was diagnosed with dementia in 2021. Fast forward to today, she (the mother) doesn't even know who my friend is when she visits.

It's hard to watch Trump and Biden, but for completely different reasons. There's gaffes, then there is what we see with Biden...looks completely lost. My contention is those who don't see it, have never experienced it first hand. My FIL currently has dementia and I lost both my grandmother and aunt to Alzheimer's. It's a terrible disease and horrible to watch someone lose themselves. My childhood friend's mother was diagnosed with dementia in 2021. Fast forward to today, she (the mother) doesn't even know who my friend is when she visits.
The mental gymnastics it takes to avoid saying Joe has an issue is interesting to watch.

The gas lighting on the subject ain't gonna work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT