ADVERTISEMENT

TV coverage of the OSU match?

soccerdog

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2002
Is it only available on the Flo wrestling App? BTN and ESPN are punting this premier matchup?

Btn has no rights to a road dual. Flo is your option. Maybe the Longhorn network could pick it up.

Flo needs to have a chromecast option in their video player. Casting from a phone is nearly impossible so I have to use my laptop and cast the entire screen.

Or an app for Samsung Smart TV's would be a nice option as well. Hey Flo lurkers, can you help a fella out with either of these?

I cast live Flo events from my Samsung phone via Chromecast all the time. Here are the instructions https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332?hl=en-SG&co=GENIE.Platform=Android, hopefully this works for you.

If you don't wanna drop the cash for an Apple TV right now, consider a roku box. Around 100 bucks. The flosports app is available. I love it.

Yeah, not sure why this doesn't work for me on my Note8, for some reason the pic is always freezing up. Works fine from my computer but my phone does not handle it well for some reason.

Aslo, thank you for trying to help, it's appreciated.

You're too advanced, I'm still using my Note 5 and it works for me. Looks like Roku might be the way to go.

If you have a Roku already, do you still have to join Flo (pay a Flo membership) to watch the meet via this Roku Flo app?

So I have been able to watch almost everything this year with BTNplus. Obviously this is not an option for Sunday. Flo says you can cancel at any time but it is an annual payment at 12.99 a month. Do they refund money if you cancel before the end of the year?

Sorry this is a lazy way to get this information, just a whole lot easier than contacting flo or reading through a bunch of fine print. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: SPOONER
Btn has no rights to a road dual. Flo is your option. Maybe the Longhorn network could pick it up.
I know you kid about the longhorn network, why would UT care about something that would get zero coverage in Austin? The sarcasm light is on.

So I have been able to watch almost everything this year with BTNplus. Obviously this is not an option for Sunday. Flo says you can cancel at any time but it is an annual payment at 12.99 a month. Do they refund money if you cancel before the end of the year?

Sorry this is a lazy way to get this information, just a whole lot easier than contacting flo or reading through a bunch of fine print. Thanks in advance.

$12.99/mo. is the year deal. If you want the monthly plan that you can cancel before the year is up, it costs $29.99. You can sign up for the monthly plan on the app, but not on the website. Why? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

$12.99/mo. is the year deal. If you want the monthly plan that you can cancel before the year is up, it costs $29.99. You can sign up for the monthly plan on the app, but not on the website. Why? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks for the info. I guess $30 to watch one dual is much better than $155. Oh well, I guess I've paid much more for ppv in the past.

A few years ago, Okie state had a streaming plan of their own, and showed Okie State home meets. I paid like $10.00 a few times to watch Iowa wrestle down there. Is that Okie State live stream no longer available..... does anyone know?

A few years ago, Okie state had a streaming plan of their own, and showed Okie State home meets. I paid like $10.00 a few times to watch Iowa wrestle down there. Is that Okie State live stream no longer available..... does anyone know?

It is now handled by Flo.

Reactions: gdoggy1976 and 4409
Thanks for the info. I guess $30 to watch one dual is much better than $155. Oh well, I guess I've paid much more for ppv in the past.

Yeah. 30 for the dual, plus watch all the films on there in that month. Too bad they didn't do like what Amazon does, where you can rent a video to watch for a few days, or spend more to purchase it for viewing at any time. The yearly isn't really worth it when nearly every other Iowa event can be seen on BTN or ESPN. The other flo content doesn't interest me enough to justify the subscription price, but there are some things I'd cherry pick for a fee.

Reactions: hawkeyeinboise
I can watch these obscure sports like reverse cowgirl riding and snowcross whatever that is but they cannot find a few hours a week for the greastest and oldest sport on the planet... Come on ESPN

Yeah. 30 for the dual, plus watch all the films on there in that month. Too bad they didn't do like what Amazon does, where you can rent a video to watch for a few days, or spend more to purchase it for viewing at any time. The yearly isn't really worth it when nearly every other Iowa event can be seen on BTN or ESPN. The other flo content doesn't interest me enough to justify the subscription price, but there are some things I'd cherry pick for a fee.
Yeah I will give it a good test drive for the next month and try to get my moneys worth. Maybe I'll think its worth the yearly. Lord knows I piss away a lot more than $150 a year on useless stuff. I've just been pretty happy with BTNplus, giving me most of the duals I care to see.

I'm guessing there are people at flo analyzing if the annual rate is more profitable than the monthly rate, and I'm guessing it is. I've had it for years and it has always been worth it, only issue with one dual.

Reactions: StanfordCard3
Flo is a leech..... cornering the market on wrestling coverage so they can charge way more than they should if you want to catch a dual like this that before would have probably been available cheaper some other way.... I don’t have a problem with the BTN anymore because I can get a lot of Iowa coverage on BTN2Go at a reasonable price .... even on a monthly rate..... Flo is gouging wrestling fans....since I mostly just follow Iowa wrestling and the us freestyle.... I’m not going to pay their ransom for one dual

I think this has been covered but want to be sure before I commit... if I sign up for Flo can I call their office and cancel after a month or 2 and just be charged the $30 for one month or $60 if keep it for 2 months...

Im thinking between ok state dual, big tens, ncaas and all the coverage I would commit to that for $30... the $150 for the year will be harder to justify to the wife even though it's a better deal overall

Somehow I didn't see this before I posted above... I think I'll try and sign up through the app.... definitely worth it this time of year because I'm a college wrestling junkie and cant get enough coverage through big tens and ncaas

I get the BTN's already with my BTN Iowa plus for about $9 a month and NCAA is with ESPN and not Flo.
I know I'm talking about the extra coverage with flo... I'm about to drop btn plus for the season because I'm going to the big tens in minneapolis so i think there is nothing left for me this season with btn plus... totally understand not want to put money up for flo, but for me if I'm going to do it.. this is the time of year to get most bang for your buck

I can watch these obscure sports like reverse cowgirl riding and snowcross whatever that is but they cannot find a few hours a week for the greastest and oldest sport on the planet... Come on ESPN
Did you venture this same complaint to ESPN you know the ones you are COMPLAINING ABOUT?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT