ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter rumors: AJ Blazek offered job. Rutgers matched and counter offered

I believe Kakert stated on a podcast that the New Jersey reporters were saying that Blazek turned the Iowa job down

Why in the hell would any young coach with aspirations of being promoted to head coach some day want to take an a job at Iowa? It's clear what young coach has that fast track predetermined. Brian. End of story.

Reactions: ih8iast8
Why in the hell would any young coach with aspirations of being promoted to head coach some day want to take an a job at Iowa? It's clear what young coach has that fast track predetermined. Brian. End of story.

Well, using your logic it's actually a great place to be. If you think within a few years that KF is stepping down and BF is the head coach, that would open a path to a o-coordinator within a few years. Once you are an o-coordinator, next step is a head coach somewhere.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
If Blazek is smart, and wants to be a HC, hopefully he asked the interviewer, what's the
Likelihood I ever get to be the HC at U of I?
Duh. Why waste his time.

Yeah good call, turn down iowa when O coordinator position is bound to open at some point or HC so you can stay at Rutgers and in a few years tops your looking for another job-whether you do good or bad probably going to be out at rutgers

If Blazek is smart, and wants to be a HC, hopefully he asked the interviewer, what's the
Duh. Why waste his time.
So all of HF assistants that turned out to be head coaches only wanted to be the head coach at Iowa? That may be true, because Iowa is awesome, but they definitely had options other than just Iowa, didn't they! Now if Blazek only aspires to be the head coach at Iowa then I guess you make a good point.

Reactions: WSC72
Duh. Why waste his time.

This is ridiculous logic. How likely is he to be the head coach at Rutgers? Not likely at all. Quite honestly, if he had the shot to be the o-line coach at Iowa and didn't jump on it, I don't get it, and I don't blame Iowa for not getting into a bidding war. Rutgers is in a meat-grinder of a division with OSU, Michigan, Penn State, MSU and now Maryland with the 18th ranked recruiting class. I get and laud the loyalty to Chris Ash, but the likelihood of Ash succeeding at Rutgers beyond the occasional 6-6 or 7-5 season is small. Like I said in another post, moving into the Iowa o-line coach spot with BF as the coordinator is a good move. You could be in line for a coordinator within a few years.

Reactions: WSC72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT