ADVERTISEMENT

U20 Worlds

criteria goes to the highest scoring move 1st. If both wrestlers have same highest score, then it's the amount of times they scored it. Duke only had a single 2pt move, while opp had a pair of 2pt moves.
Worst, Best, Last is how it was explained to me.

When tied, whoever gives more penalty points loses. If there is no penalty, then it goes to the highest-scoring move. If still tied, it's whoever scores last.

Reactions: el dub
criteria goes to the highest scoring move 1st. If both wrestlers have same highest score, then it's the amount of times they scored it. Duke only had a single 2pt move, while opp had a pair of 2pt moves.
The rule book states.

In case of a tie, the winner will be declared by successively considering:

- the highest value of holds;
- the least amount of cautions;
- the last technical point(s) scored

followed by examples, none of which describe Duke’s match. My guess is the plural word holds, is the interpretation?

It was a poorly officiated match. A point could have been awarded on the first injury, as there was no blood or visible injury. The corner should have challenged the 4 point throw, in my opinion continuous action occurred. The match wasn’t stopped awarding the push out point and there were 3 or 4 feet in the passivity zone and continuous action was happening.

Let’s say one of Duke’s points was a caution instead of a pushout, would he have won had the score been tied at the end, based on the criteria above?

Reactions: el dub and AFHawk86
The rule book states.

followed by examples, none of which describe Duke’s match. My guess is the plural word holds, is the interpretation?

It was a poorly officiated match. A point could have been awarded on the first injury, as there was no blood or visible injury. The corner should have challenged the 4 point throw, in my opinion continuous action occurred. The match wasn’t stopped awarding the push out point and there were 3 or 4 feet in the passivity zone and continuous action was happening.

Let’s say one of Duke’s points was a caution instead of a pushout, would he have won had the score been tied at the end, based on the criteria above?
Agreed, doesn’t make sense based on the wording if the criteria.

The rule book states.

Two, 2 point moves/holds is greater than one, 2 point move/hold.

Reactions: el dub
Makes sense. What are your thoughts on the caution question I posed?
Scoring actions or holds are still the first criteria

So, a single 4 pointer beats two 2 pointers.
Or two 2 pointers beats a 2 pointer and two 1 pointers (whether they be cautions or step outs).

If all scoring moves/holds are equal, then you move to criteria 2. If they have the same number of cautions, then you move to criteria 3.

Its actually pretty rare for criteria #2 to come into play. I would say in most tied matches, the winner is decided by criteria #3

Last edited:
I think my favorite thing about Bassett as a prospect is that he still has a lot of room for improvement, specifically defensively.
His pure athleticism is alittle limited, but he’s already savvy and has old school Iowa pace and aggression. The aggression will leave him open to be scored on more, but he still has 2 years to fine tune the defense before college. Nobody is going to out work him. The great thing about landing Bo is that you have a good chance to get his brother and Melvin Miller, who looks to be a big star in the making.

The rule book states.

I believe Duke had 3 pushouts and the other guy had 2 - 2 point scoring moves. S technically Duke only had 2 points from values of holds and the other guy had 4. That is my interpretation.

Reactions: Inthecircle
All 10 in men’s freestyle made it to the semi’s. All have the chance to wrestle for a medal!
All WILL wrestle for a medal, barring injury or not making weight, by making the semis.

Semi losers are automatically in the bronze medal matches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT