ADVERTISEMENT

Uh, gee, uh, thanks, Iowa.

I don't eat soy. I know corn and soybean fertilizers pollute. No sheet. It's a big part of the problem.

Man your dense

Most vegetarians eat soy and corn as part of a well-balanced diet.

Your extreme view is not sustainable for humanity.

Most vegetarians eat soy and corn as part of a well-balanced diet.

Your extreme view is not sustainable for humanity.

You should stop talking about things you know nothing about. I laid out all the numbers for you and everyone to see. You choose to ignore it willfully, but not based on data.

You should stop talking about things you know nothing about. I laid out all the numbers for you and everyone to see. You choose to ignore it willfully, but not based on data.

You're going to feed EIGHT BILLION PEOPLE without soy or corn (or meat)?

Good luck with that.

You're going to feed EIGHT BILLION PEOPLE without soy or corn (or meat)?

Good luck with that.

Where did I say that? Quit making things up.

You can grown corn and beans without giant amounts of fertilizers. You can also mandate buffer strips and bioreactors and take measures and enforce compliance.

My God just stop.

Where did I say that? Quit making things up.

You can grown corn and beans without giant amounts of fertilizers. You can also mandate buffer strips and bioreactors and take measures and enforce compliance.

My God just stop.

Corn is a REALLY HEAVY FEEDER.

Beans are not.

Anyway, good luck growing any corn without a lot of inputs.

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
Corn is a REALLY HEAVY FEEDER.

Beans are not.

Anyway, good luck growing any corn without a lot of inputs.

Happy GIF

I think you mean renewable. You can replenish the phosphorus in fields with an assortment of fertilizers.
No; I mean replenishable.

Those fertilizers are based on more phosphorus that is collected/mined. And there is a finite supply of it.

If you aren't collecting the extra and runoff going down to the Gulf, then that is "lost".

No, that's know-it-all Joe.

You're just jealous, because I can read.

However, significant deposits of phosphorus are found in only a few countries: Morocco and western Sahara have the largest amount, China the second biggest deposit and Algeria the third. In contrast, reserves in the US are down to 1% of previous levels, while Britain has always had to rely on imports. “Traditional rock phosphate reserves are relatively rare and have become depleted in line with their extraction for fertiliser production,” added Johnes.
This growing strain on stocks has raised fears the world will reach “peak phosphorus” in a few years. Supplies will then decline, leaving many nations struggling to obtain enough to feed their people.

No; I mean replenishable.

Those fertilizers are based on more phosphorus that is collected/mined. And there is a finite supply of it.

If you aren't collecting the extra and runoff going down to the Gulf, then that is "lost".
right... but you can mine it from the gulf bc its not destroyed. Even if people can't access it now, it's not really gone like in the way oil is burned and is gone.

Yeah, no farms in Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee or Illinois

Well yes. You make a good point. Louisiana should sue the entire upper Midwest; Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri. The Mississippi Watershed basically.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT