ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Recruiting

pumpdog20

HR All-American
Mar 11, 2011
Tony and Coleman getting really excited on twitter right now, and being very vague. Couple of Iowa studs over there recently...

Not sure if this was a big recruiting weekend where they had a lot coming in or not.

By the tweets, there's at least two with possible a third that have given TRam and company a verbal.

One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach,all the damn vampires.
source.gif

Did they have only the two from Iowa visit??? They had to have more, must’ve been a recruiting weekend for em?

I was at Stanford this weekend. Toured the wrestling facilities. Lady at the front desk told me they had 6 recruits in for the weekend. Really nice place. Great experience.

Reactions: DirkTang1
There are way worse college towns than Chapel Hill. And a very good school. Kind of just a step below Stanford in terms of an awesome college town and education. I have been there for depositions a few times and always extend my trip. It’s a warmer Iowa City or Ann Arbor. I told my son he can go anywhere except ISU and Notre Dame and said we should take a trip to Chapel Hill as we are already hitting Duke.

There are way worse college towns than Chapel Hill. And a very good school. Kind of just a step below Stanford in terms of an awesome college town and education.

A few steps cheaper too. Its good that you can help provide those opportunities to your kids though...hats off.

That plus you have two other major universities near there...target rich environment with a lot of post graduation opportunities near it depending on your field.

Yes it is. If any kid wants to be an attorney then Duke law school is pretty prestigious.

Given that it was a UNC-Duke football rivalry game i'm sure any recruit would have loved that atmosphere. But at the end of the day when that high goes away...

Reactions: IAChief32
Chief - I try. The kid wants to be a lawyer like his old man and come into my practice. I try to talk him out of it. I spent 7 years in IC and wouldn’t trade it for the world but had other opportunities for law school including Palo Alto, Durham (to speak to Ihawk) and Ann Arbor but Iowa City was too tough to leave. Anyway, now I want him to go to some of those places so I have an excuse to visit! But Chapel Hill is awesome. Beautiful campus, great school and the coeds aren’t too shabby.

There are way worse college towns than Chapel Hill. And a very good school. Kind of just a step below Stanford in terms of an awesome college town and education. I have been there for depositions a few times and always extend my trip. It’s a warmer Iowa City or Ann Arbor. I told my son he can go anywhere except ISU and Notre Dame and said we should take a trip to Chapel Hill as we are already hitting Duke.

I probably thought you were an OK cat... you've proved that you're not.

Reactions: bu1992
Was - Nope. Go to CF you could see all my professional info! In Des Moines buddy but have a bunch of buddies that practice in Chicago. Shoot me a PM if you want have a good pulse on Chicago firms. Been in DM for 22 years (I think getting old!).

son's boss (partner) graduated from u of i law school. you might know him.not the place to talk about i was just curious

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT