ADVERTISEMENT

UNI goes to 16 - 2 after crushing Bradley

That’s a hell of a lot different than calling him one of the best guards in the country!

He wouldn’t be one of the best guards in the BIG!

honestly there is nothing that backs up this statement. I understand skepticism around mid major guys that were lightly recruited but AJ played with Joe for years and was nearly just as good. He was a consensus top 100 kid. If he had the usage rate of CJ or Joe his numbers may be lower on an absolute basis but probably even more efficient. He is going to run away with MVC POY as a true soph playing all three guard spots. He’s awesome.

UNI's only quality win is against Colorado, and that's obviously going to continue to be the case until at least the postseason because of the relatively low talent level of the MVC.

They're a solid team, but they would be something like 11-7/10-8 with our schedule judging by Kenpom.

UNI's only quality win is against Colorado, and that's obviously going to continue to be the case until at least the postseason because of the relatively low talent level of the MVC.

They're a solid team, but they would be something like 11-7/10-8 with our schedule judging by Kenpom.

Or perhaps KenPom is overly devaluing their team because of their weak SOS. It’s hard for UNI to schedule.

Those coaches would take Weezy over him out of high school. They may have taken him over CFJ out of high school but I'd bet most would take CJF over Green now.
How can you say that for sure? They are completely different players.

even as a huge iowa fan, if there are 5 secs on the shot clock and I need someone to create a shot by themselves I am taking AJ Green every time.

iowa is a top 10 team with AJ green at PG.

Reactions: squeezebox

even as a huge iowa fan, if there are 5 secs on the shot clock and I need someone to create a shot by themselves I am taking AJ Green every time.

LOL! Sure they are.

Reactions: BBHawk

Now who's a homer?

;)

Or perhaps KenPom is overly devaluing their team because of their weak SOS. It’s hard for UNI to schedule.

Kenpom could just as easily be failing to devalue them enough for their SOS -- it's hard to say.

It does sound like it's hard for UNI to schedule good opponents. If it's that difficult, though, it might be a good idea at this point for UNI to swallow their pride and play Iowa / ISU away from home exclusively.

Well considering Iowa is more than likely going to be top 20 this week and the biggest offensive weakness on the team is at pg. With the addition of green at pg i would say no doubt top15 and top10 not out of the question. Thats based purely off skill, hard telling how the chemistry would be. But again why even debate it since he isnt, nor ever will be a hawk!

I was at that game. UNI definitely passes the eyeball test.

Colorado’s good & UNI was just a better team.

Reactions: Eternal Return
I was at that game. UNI definitely passes the eyeball test.

Colorado’s good & UNI was just a better team.

Both Kenpom and Sagarin have Colorado as a better team than UNI by a decent margin, for what it's worth.

Congrats to UNI for finding a way to win that game late, though -- if I remember correctly, they were down three with a minute left and hit a three, then forced a turnover that got them the go ahead bucket on a breakaway.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Both Kenpom and Sagarin have Colorado as a better team than UNI by a decent margin, for what it's worth.

Congrats to UNI for finding a way to win that game late, though -- if I remember correctly, they were down three with a minute left and hit a three, then forced a turnover that got them the go ahead bucket on a breakaway.
Ya, it was a great game. Very entertaining!

A couple of big runs by both teams throughout the game.

It’s soooo nice to drink beer at b-ball games as well!

Well considering Iowa is more than likely going to be top 20 this week and the biggest offensive weakness on the team is at pg. With the addition of green at pg i would say no doubt top15 and top10 not out of the question. Thats based purely off skill, hard telling how the chemistry would be. But again why even debate it since he isnt, nor ever will be a hawk!
Well if our regular roster was healthy all this was possible without the greatest guard in the country............

That's the thing with basketball. Great players slip to smaller schools all the time. Some of it is a volume problem....lots of great players out there. Corruption is obviously a big part of it as well with how important these aau coaches have become. If you are hooked up and playi g for one of those crooks do you even pop up on the radar?

Lots of players in the NBA that didn't okay for one of the power schools

Green is one of the best players in the country.

He does everything well. He’ll even rebound.

That was an entertaining game!

I watched more of that game than the Duke/Louisville game just because the quality of team play was so much better. Bradley competed well for most of the game, but it was obvious UNI just had too much for them. Really impressed with UNI's front court, Phyfe and Dahl.

I don't know, I don't follow UNI.
LOL so let me get this straight...you have been arguing with people about AJ Green, but dont actually follow UNI? Sooo...therefore you actually have no idea? Did I get that right?

Reactions: HawkLand
LOL so let me get this straight...you have been arguing with people about AJ Green, but dont actually follow UNI? Sooo...therefore you actually have no idea? Did I get that right?

Yes, fairly common on this board. Especially true when it comes to opinions on the NBA.

Reactions: Legend12
No, I have watched enough of Green to know that he's a good player, I just won't comment on whether UNI has a good PG or not.

I watched more of that game than the Duke/Louisville game just because the quality of team play was so much better. Bradley competed well for most of the game, but it was obvious UNI just had too much for them. Really impressed with UNI's front court, Phyfe and Dahl.
Same here. I watched Duke when UNI was on commercials.

Nobody wants to see the Panthers in their bracket. They’ll be vastly under seeded. And have the talent for a sweet 16 run.

It's not an NBA board.

giphy.gif

BartTorvik calculates a stat called PORPAGATU!. It is “Points Over Replacement Per Adjusted Game At That Usage.”
It’s an interesting stat. Here’s this year. of note:
#5 Luka Garza
#10 Tyrese Halliburton
#26 AJ Green

Luka and AJ have both done better after November. Filter Dec1-Jan20:
#1 AJ Green
#3 Luka Garza

AJ is scoring 1.3 points/shot (not including FTs).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT