ADVERTISEMENT

University of Iowa ending relationship with The Swarm?

While I agree with this statement legally, do you really think they are going to punish 90% of the P5 schools and teams like Georgia and BAMA? All it will do is leave Iowa in the dust.

More likely that they will select one or two of the most egregious violators and make an example of them,.. Iowa is just staking out a safe position...

While I agree with this statement legally, do you really think they are going to punish 90% of the P5 schools and teams like Georgia and BAMA? All it will do is leave Iowa in the dust.
Iowa was left in the dust when the final 4 was invented a few years ago and the SEC teams were guaranteed to be in every year and thus the bowls became irrelevant.

So this is what I glean from everything I've read:

Swarm CEO: "Barta, you need to give us the contact info of all season ticket holders and contributors to athletics."

Barta: "I can't do that according to NCAA rules but I'll promote the Swarm any way I can within the NCAA guidelines."

Swarm CEO:."BUT OTHER TEAMS ARE BREAKING THE RULES AND YOU SHOULD TOO OR WE AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE!"

Barta: "If the rules change we will but I'm not breaking the rules and doing that."

Hawkeye Fans: "GARY BARTA WANTS IOWA TO LOSE EVERY GAME AND NOT BE COMPETITIVE IN SPORTS!1! 😡"

That about sum it up?

I saw a show where a female wrestler lost 2 or 3 state championship matches to a transgender girl and how unfair it felt to her. I can respect transgender individuals but in that case it was a female in a male body wrestling a female in a female body. No hirmone blockers and i found it unfair. Now my personal feelings towards transgender people are sympathy for their struggle and understanding the psychological aspect. I'm still unsure about how i stand on this issue. Everyone deserves the right to compete and i don't want to hear any cruel comments. I'm just not sure where i stand on this yet
"Karate do, 'guess so',, (sound) squish like grape"--Mr. Miyagi

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop1971

Swarm CEO: "Barta, you need to give us the contact info of all season ticket holders and contributors to athletics."

Barta: "I can't do that according to NCAA rules but I'll promote the Swarm any way I can within the NCAA guidelines."

Swarm CEO:."BUT OTHER TEAMS ARE BREAKING THE RULES AND YOU SHOULD TOO OR WE AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE!"

Barta: "If the rules change we will but I'm not breaking the rules and doing that."

Hawkeye Fans: "GARY BARTA WANTS IOWA TO LOSE EVERY GAME AND NOT BE COMPETITIVE IN SPORTS!1! 😡"

That about sum it up?

no, you left out the requirement from the University that the Swarm follow Title9 and you put together a fictional conversation to fit your previous conclusion that the Swarm CEO is misbehaving/acting poorly in your opinion.

What exactly is the status of Iowa NIL program? It appears to be non-existent or at least non-competitive and you are focusing your wrath on Swarm CEO who actually tried to get something done. That is my take but I haven't gone through all 300 posts or whatever are on the thread.

Barta knee-caping the Swarm is worse than him allowing Brian to stay on as OC. And if the rumor is true that he's not wanting to compete for the same donor $$ he should be fired tomorrow.
Yeah, I haven't cared enough about him to want him fired until now. But after the open letter he just sent, I want him gone.

• Haha
if the swarm contacts me, they will get the same response as I give to the U of Iowa: go jump in a lake. I used to give money, not much, but a little. now I do not. since the idiocy of 2020.

Well, what I think is that:

(1) The NCAA is going to have to do something; and
(2) Somebody's going to get burned in their doing so.

Personally, I love gambling. That said, I play low stakes. It's all a gamble. $1000 table; $100 table; or $10 table ~ which table do you want Iowa playing at? Some don't want them gambling at all.

Well, what I think is that:

(1) The NCAA is going to have to do something; and
(2) Somebody's going to get burned in their doing so.

Personally, I love gambling. That said, I play low stakes. It's all a gamble. $1000 table; $100 table; or $10 table ~ which table do you want Iowa playing at? Some don't want them gambling at all.
Thats a great analogy. I want the 100!

Wow. Just wow.

You sound like a spokesperson for the Taliban. Should we eliminate girls sports at high school level too? They don't have as big of crowds as the boys games. Maybe women shouldn't be paid the same as men in the workplace either (they take time off from work to have babies). Or better yet, don't even allow females to go to school (what the Taliban is bringing back)
The University of Iowa is a public University that receives federal and state funding. Title IX guards against thinking like your post displays. Educational institutions MUST not provide different levels opportunities and/or financial support.

This does not apply to professional sports leagues lke the WNBA or the NWSL. The marketplace will drive the money in those professional settings. Educational institutions, however, are not professional sports leagues (dispite the money invovled).

I am not at all against NIL. But the Universities need to stay out of it completely, or they risk breaking federal laws
I beg to differ. College football has become a profesional sport. When you are paying football players money they are pros.

Still unsure how you feel?

Simple - you want to pretend to change your sex = you’re no longer participating in competitive events i.e. males-pretending-to-be-females are DONE competing against women.

These dudes “changing” into women in the sports world can get f**ked.
I understand the reality of transgender and respect the way that they are but uncomfortable with the competing against women born as female and not those who unfortunately got the wrong sex. I wwnt to college for psychology and it used to be a form of mental illness ie gender identity crisis, but is now considered a mistake by nature. Being trans would be very difficult where i come from and feel for the difficulties for young teens gping through it but in sports if an unfair advantage isn't recognized then we are doing a disservice for the young woman who lost her wrestling title 2 years in a row.

Reactions: amahawk

That about sum it up?
May want to brush up on reading comprehension and how timelines work.

I'll give you another one...it's like speeding on the interstate. Somebody always gets pulled over. Do you want to get pulled over doing 75, 90, or 110?
I see what you are saying and yes, it's possible that some programs might regret how they handled nil. I don't think Iowa will be one of them. I see kf and the university going 75. I still want the 90 though if the others are more or less doing 150! But I'm showing a little lack of integrity by saying that. I don't want to be like Oregon!

Last edited:
Reactions: bumpstock
Wow. Just wow.

You sound like a spokesperson for the Taliban. Should we eliminate girls sports at high school level too? They don't have as big of crowds as the boys games. Maybe women shouldn't be paid the same as men in the workplace either (they take time off from work to have babies). Or better yet, don't even allow females to go to school (what the Taliban is bringing back)
The University of Iowa is a public University that receives federal and state funding. Title IX guards against thinking like your post displays. Educational institutions MUST not provide different levels opportunities and/or financial support.

This does not apply to professional sports leagues lke the WNBA or the NWSL. The marketplace will drive the money in those professional settings. Educational institutions, however, are not professional sports leagues (dispite the money invovled).

I am not at all against NIL. But the Universities need to stay out of it completely, or they risk breaking federal laws
How about we justnlet men identify as women and play on girls teams? That's what higher education has concluded..

Money drives everything, be it travel ball, high school, college or pro. NIL has taken away any amature status college had.

I would be curious to get the take from the folks whose argument is that the Iowa AD is incapable of doing wrong regarding nepotism laws and why it was OK to allow Brian to report to Gary (who takes his orders from KF). The whole point of the law was to make it possible to terminate someone who was not doing his job without family ties getting in the way if Brian was reporting directly to KF. Look where that got us. Right, wrong or indifferent we are stuck with what we have.

I would be curious to get the take from the folks whose argument is that the Iowa AD is incapable of doing wrong regarding nepotism laws and why it was OK to allow Brian to report to Gary (who takes his orders from KF). The whole point of the law was to make it possible to terminate someone who was not doing his job without family ties getting in the way if Brian was reporting directly to KF. Look where that got us. Right, wrong or indifferent we are stuck with what we have.
Speaking of laws. I think our AD is being ultra conservative with swarm and legality of everything. Probably doesn’t want egg on his one more time and get sued again after his mishap by his incompetence cost Iowa a couple million few years back.

I don't think you'll get any takers on that. Barta may be officially bfs boss we all know it's just not like that in reality.

Speaking of laws. I think our AD is being ultra conservative with swarm and legality of everything. Probably doesn’t want egg on his one more time and get sued again after his mishap by his incompetence cost Iowa a couple million few years back.
Seriously, I don't think GB has any input into this issue; he's just a mouthpiece for those that really do make the decision(s).

There are several ISU & Nebraska trolls spreading this information as if Iowa is ending their NIL. Not even close to what is going on.

There are several ISU & Nebraska trolls spreading this information as if Iowa is ending their NIL. Not even close to what is going on.
Thanks for that info. There's a nebby troll on here going nuts right now. Or he could be a clone since i haven't heard the regurgitated nebby garbage.

Reactions: bumpstock
They need to eliminate title 19. If women want to play sports they should pay their own way. Nobody watches them.
Not true. Women sports must be important. I was told by many republicans that 4 or 5 trans athletes competing against women was a very important problem for our government to focus on

Reactions: longliveCS40
Not true. Women sports must be important. I was told by many republicans that 4 or 5 trans athletes competing against women was a very important problem for our government to focus on
I really enjoyed going to volleyball games and field hockey when I was in school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT