ADVERTISEMENT

US MFS World Championships Predictions

crablegs1

HR All-American
Feb 27, 2009
Haven't seen a thread on this yet. What are everyone's thoughts?

*Posting this before seeing any draws.
Gilman - 0-1 - Hey, I picked him to not do well at WTTs and he won it. So, either I'm right on this prediction or he greatly exceeds my expectations again which would be awesome.

Steiber - 5th - I think he makes the bronze match, but loses. There are some studs coming into this weight this year that wrestled Olympic weights last year so Steiber didn't have to deal with them. Steiber can score points though and so he's capable of beating anyone.

Zain - 0-1 - Zain is hard to predict. Beating US guys like Frank and Oliver is very good, but it will be hard for him at his first senior worlds. But with his toughness and conditioning edge, I could see him making some upsets too.

Green - Bronze - He is wrestling really well right now. I think he gets another medal.

Burroughs - Gold - I feel like he has his mojo back. The pressure is off of him compared to the Olympics last year. One of the all time US greats.

Cox - 5th - probably the hardest prediction for me. He is so talented, but I think he kind of came out of nowhere last year and more foreigners will be ready this year. Sadulaev not at this weight does open the door for a gold medal though.

Snyder - Gold - I think he beats Sadulaev in an epic match. Wins with a score at the end.

Gwiz - 0-1 - I like his potential, but think he's a bit too inexperienced right now. Similar to Zain and Gilman.

Reactions: Exo
Hard to pick withouth brackets but:

Gilman - 5th, although this weight has cleared out. It's hard for me to see him medaling just yet. Hope I'm wrong.
Stieber - Silver Medal, I see a phenomenal tournament from Stieber.
Zain - 0-1, looked tough in WTT, not ready to medal.
Green - Gold Medal. I think he may be our favorite.
Burroughs - Gold Medal. Hope he's back to his form of the past.
Cox - 4-6. Are we worried about his health from WTT? Hopefully he gets a lead and becomes slippery again.
Snyder - Gold Medal. Sadulaev didn't merk his way through Russia team trials. Size matters. He unequivocally needs to keep this match on his feet and not get taken down.
Gwiz - 0-1.

you guys are giving Burroughs a lot of credit because he is an American and a past world and Olympic champion. His match at the Olympics and at the US WTT against Dake should tell you he's not the same dude anymore. I don't see Burroughs with a gold/silver/ and or bronze.

Gilman no medal
Steiber no medal
Zain silver dudes a stud don't matter the age
Green silver
Burroughs no medal
cox no medal(I would have rather seen Taylor)
synder gold
gwiz no medal

Gilman-Bronze. Why? F*ck you, that's why
Striebler-DNP. Lots of good dudes at this weight class and Logie keeps it too close. I think he gets picked off early.
Zain-Bronze. I think Zain is going tear some shit up. His par terre is groovy and he is a fighter.
Green-Gold.Looks like Jordan in his prime. Tough to handle and now has the experience
JB-Gold.JB goes out in style. Admittedly, and emotional pick.
Cox-Bronze.This is a tough one. Didn't blow me away at trials. He is not going to get away with it at worlds. If he decides to go on offense, not many can stop him.
Snyder-The way it goes, he'll probably get Sadulaev early. I think Kyle loses to him this time. Bronze
Gwiz-DNP. Just don't think Gwiz is physical enough for the big guys at this weight.

Admittedly, this is only based off watching our guys and not really knowing the foreign guys. An international guy I am not.

you guys are giving Burroughs a lot of credit because he is an American and a past world and Olympic champion. His match at the Olympics and at the US WTT against Dake should tell you he's not the same dude anymore. I don't see Burroughs with a gold/silver/ and or bronze.

Gilman no medal
Steiber no medal
Zain silver dudes a stud don't matter the age
Green silver
Burroughs no medal
cox no medal(I would have rather seen Taylor)
synder gold
gwiz no medal
He had a bad Olympics, and you're greatly underestimating one Kyle Dake. Just last year, Kyle Dake beat the Olympic bronze medalist (a guy who did not give up a takedown in the entire Olympics) up 26 pounds from his real weight. I think beating Dake 3/4 times proves the opposite of what you're saying.

Reactions: Grip220
He had a bad Olympics, and you're greatly underestimating one Kyle Dake. Just last year, Kyle Dake beat the Olympic bronze medalist (a guy who did not give up a takedown in the entire Olympics) up 26 pounds from his real weight. I think beating Dake 3/4 times proves the opposite of what you're saying.

I don't think I am but that's fine. I hope everyone besides Synder proves me wrong and does better than I think. I don't feel Burroughs is anywhere near what he was 6 years ago. My opinion doesn't mean I don't think he is awesome. I think he has been the sole reason for resurgence of American freestyle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT