ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

Several players still dealing with injuries. Reyna is most likely out for this cycle. Pulisic still hasn't played since the Honduras game. Adams missed this weekend's game with a "muscle issue" but he did play a little yesterday in the CCL.

No real surprises. Hoping Hoppe gets a shot... dude has swagger the team could use. Also want to see more Pepi.

Disappointed that Pefok was not included. Was really hoping that Julian Araujo decided to play for the US instead of Mexico but I guessing he is going to play for El Tri at some point

Reactions: B1GDeal
Is McKinnie back in good standing with the team or is there still a cryptic rift of sorts? If the latter, why use a roster spot on him?

Is McKinnie back in good standing with the team or is there still a cryptic rift of sorts? If the latter, why use a roster spot on him?
Maybe not good standing per se, but at least getting another chance. With Mexico coming up in the November window, and no Pulisic/Reyna on the roster, we need his creativity the midfield. You have to figure the leash is short if he screws up again though..

Maybe not good standing per se, but at least getting another chance. With Mexico coming up in the November window, and no Pulisic/Reyna on the roster, we need his creativity the midfield. You have to figure the leash is short if he screws up again though..
I would argue that McKennie was our most valuable player in our two trophy runs this past year. Pulisic is the most naturally gifted, but we sometimes over-rely on him and he has had trouble converting his runs through the final third into goals. McKennie seems to relish in his role as leader, and a leader in voice as well as example.

I would argue that McKennie was our most valuable player in our two trophy runs this past year. Pulisic is the most naturally gifted, but we sometimes over-rely on him and he has had trouble converting his runs through the final third into goals. McKennie seems to relish in his role as leader, and a leader in voice as well as example
100% agree

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I would argue that McKennie was our most valuable player in our two trophy runs this past year. Pulisic is the most naturally gifted, but we sometimes over-rely on him and he has had trouble converting his runs through the final third into goals. McKennie seems to relish in his role as leader, and a leader in voice as well as example.
Part of the problem we’ve faced when the team struggles is that the linking play from the midfield to Pulisic, Reyna, etc., is lacking at times and that’s where we need Weston. in a perfect world, I’d like Acosta, adams as two holding mids, and Weston as the CAM.

personally, I think Adams and Acosta are very valuable as well, helping shield the CBs.

Game Day! Lets go Yanks!
Would be really nice to win by a comfortable margin and rack up the goal differential if we need it, but Jamaica will be desperate. Only 1 point last window, were expected to be serious contenders to qualify but are down two key guys tonight.

classic CONCACAF game for me that we SHOULD win but has given us fits in the past. I said before there’s always one or two WCQ results that make zero sense, and hopefully we’re ready to go.

He served his time so I would think he is back in good standing. If he pulls that crap again, though, he may find himself not asked back.

Is Pulisic hurt?

He served his time so I would think he is back in good standing. If he pulls that crap again, though, he may find himself not asked back.

Is Pulisic hurt?
Pulisic and Reyna both haven’t played since they were injured, not sure it’s a question of fitness or still injured at this point.

Reactions: BioHawk
I can semi forgive the yellow at 20 seconds into the game. Major call when the game has barely started. No excuse on the second one.

It makes zero sense how they missed that and even less how they can’t ensure VAR for all countries. CONCACAF isn’t exactly cash poor.
As I've said before, if your country is is unable to provide the infrastructure to have VAR then you shouldn't be allowed to host home games.

Reactions: Pepperman
I can semi forgive the yellow at 20 seconds into the game. Major call when the game has barely started. No excuse on the second one.
I have more respect for him if he doesn't call the foul. You could understand him arguing that he thought he won the ball. But once he calls it he has no choice. There's no way that isn't DOGSO if it's a foul.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT