ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

Pretty solid game. Thought there was good energy throughout the game. I am convinced that Weah is our best player. McKennie was dropping dimes. Could have easily won that game 6-0.

I know it wasn't the toughest match up but Lund looked pretty good. I wasn't expecting much from him but I walked away wanting to see him again. The US needs a back up left back not named Dest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
How are you watching this? What station are they on?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. I did not know TNT was carrying MNT games.

• Love
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Is this Germany's "A" squad? And I'm surprised they don't have Euro qualifying they need to be playing in.

Ah, dangit. Can't let them play with the ball out in front of the goal like that. Good effort by the keeper. Not much more he could have done on that.

Soccer?

200w.gif

Game over

OUR DEFENSE IS SHIT GREG!!!
Many might disagree but I don’t think Germany is more talented than the US. Deeper? Maybe. Im not knowledgeable enough to know if Berhalter is a liability or not, but it feels so after the Netherlands’ WC game and today against Germany.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Many might disagree but I don’t think Germany is more talented than the US. Deeper? Maybe. Im not knowledgeable enough to know if Berhalter is a liability or not, but it feels so after the Netherlands’ WC game and today against Germany.

I think they have better talent but the gap has closed significantly. I think our depth is certainly getting better but that's also one of the problems.

My cable forced me to abandon the US game unless I was watching on my phone.

Dest is so hot and cold defensively. He's truly perfect for PSV because the Dutch league doesn't seem to care about defense anyway and he's extremely dangerous with the ball and getting forward. I still wonder if he's not an outside mid/ winger.

Overall, this looked like a friendly. Not many on our side wanted to get dirty defensively and it showed on at least two goals. The first one was criminally lazy. The other two were bone headed.

The good? Pulisic is in good form. I thought Weston had a good game. Ream might be our best cb and he's my age (so good and bad). Balogun made good runs but didn't get the ball. Gio and Gregg didn't fight and Gio played fine/ didn't get hurt. Turner was fine. First half was good.

The bad? Musah was too long on the ball. I normal love his game but he was NOT Tyler Adams level on or off the ball. We need him back. All around laziness defensively. Gregg was not real creative with anything.

Did Gio's Ultimate Soccer Mom whine to the press after the game? About anything?
She seems like an attention whore to me.

I think they have better talent but the gap has closed significantly. I think our depth is certainly getting better but that's also one of the problems.

My cable forced me to abandon the US game unless I was watching on my phone.

Dest is so hot and cold defensively. He's truly perfect for PSV because the Dutch league doesn't seem to care about defense anyway and he's extremely dangerous with the ball and getting forward. I still wonder if he's not an outside mid/ winger.

Overall, this looked like a friendly. Not many on our side wanted to get dirty defensively and it showed on at least two goals. The first one was criminally lazy. The other two were bone headed.

The good? Pulisic is in good form. I thought Weston had a good game. Ream might be our best cb and he's my age (so good and bad). Balogun made good runs but didn't get the ball. Gio and Gregg didn't fight and Gio played fine/ didn't get hurt. Turner was fine. First half was good.

The bad? Musah was too long on the ball. I normal love his game but he was NOT Tyler Adams level on or off the ball. We need him back. All around laziness defensively. Gregg was not real creative with anything.
We are probably seeing why Dest couldn't make it at Barca or in Serie A. He's a liability on defense and defense should be his priority. He could be a wing, but I'm not sure he's fast enough.

Last edited:
We are probably seeing why Dest couldn't make Barca or in Serie A. He's a liability on defense and defense should be his priority. He could be a wing, but I'm not sure he's fast enough.

I think he would be okay on the wing. Certainly creative enough but his biggest problem is there is no room at the inn. He will never get PT out there for the USMNT.

Reactions: SI_NYC
So far so good. Ghana have had a lot possession but most of it has been around the midfield

So far so good. Ghana have had a lot possession but most of it has been around the midfield

Is this the real Ghana side or their B team? I see a few Premier League guys but I don’t know the other leagues or Ghana very well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT