ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

A 4-0 win. Really boring second half. You would have thought the subs would be smelling blood but that's not what happened. They got complacent and didn't connect the way the starters did.

Anyone wondering if McKinnie and Musah have deserved these locked spots? When they are on, they are great. Musah struggled, in my opinion, keeping the ball the last two games. McKinnie is great but he's a walking yellow card.

A 4-0 win. Really boring second half. You would have thought the subs would be smelling blood but that's not what happened. They got complacent and didn't connect the way the starters did.

Anyone wondering if McKinnie and Musah have deserved these locked spots? When they are on, they are great. Musah struggled, in my opinion, keeping the ball the last two games. McKinnie is great but he's a walking yellow card.
McKennie is playing really well right now. I think Musah will be the odd man out when Adams finally gets healthy. There isn't a lot of depth in the midfield with the exception of Malik Tilman and whoever sits when Adams returns. There is a clear drop off when LDT comes on the field.

McKennie is playing really well right now. I think Musah will be the odd man out when Adams finally gets healthy. There isn't a lot of depth in the midfield with the exception of Malik Tilman and whoever sits when Adams returns. There is a clear drop off when LDT comes on the field.

What did you think of Johnny? I think LDT is fine as an attacking option. He can be creative. As a defensive mid: ball winner and connecting passes? Not so much.

Was disappointed to see Nashville drew just a little over half capacity for this match; I thought they were becoming a good soccer town, but apparently not so much.

Was disappointed to see Nashville drew just a little over half capacity for this match; I thought they were becoming a good soccer town, but apparently not so much.
I haven't looked, but US Soccer has been absolutely stupid with their ticket pricing, especially for mid-week matches.

What did you think of Johnny? I think LDT is fine as an attacking option. He can be creative. As a defensive mid: ball winner and connecting passes? Not so much.
Johnny has been really good at club level and will probably be heading to Europe soon. However, he has not played great for the US. Last night was probably the best he has looked, but i am suspicious of the level of Ghana

Matt Turner has been benched for Nottingham Forest.

Yikes
He’s not been playing well. Gave up an absolute joke of a goal a week or so ago due to an error. That said, not overly concerned cuz he’s been solid in the goal. More concerned about establishing a legit threat at the 9, better box to box play out of the mid and the back 4 to step it up a notch or two. There’s talent… heading in right direction. But, as it stands I do not see us being able to win 2-3 games against top 10 teams.

He’s not been playing well. Gave up an absolute joke of a goal a week or so ago due to an error. That said, not overly concerned cuz he’s been solid in the goal. More concerned about establishing a legit threat at the 9, better box to box play out of the mid and the back 4 to step it up a notch or two. There’s talent… heading in right direction. But, as it stands I do not see us being able to win 2-3 games against top 10 teams.

Right, but it's bad your #1 isn't playing. This will help Steffan, etc.

Right, but it's bad your #1 isn't playing. This will help Steffan, etc.
True, but is he really #1? If I recall Steffen was banged up so Turner got time and did well and has never really looked back. Good news is those two, Horvath and I’m interested in what Callendar does over the next 18 months. Gaga is too green to likely be in the mix, but if he gets an opportunity he could rise quickly. Point is we have solid options and more pressing concerns to sort out.

True, but is he really #1? If I recall Steffen was banged up so Turner got time and did well and has never really looked back. Good news is those two, Horvath and I’m interested in what Callendar does over the next 18 months. Gaga is too green to likely be in the mix, but if he gets an opportunity he could rise quickly. Point is we have solid options and more pressing concerns to sort out.

But the problem with Horvath is that he isn't backing up Turner now. He didn't get the start for Forrest either.

Reactions: B1GDeal
I dont see how the women's team gets hires right, but the mens team is just a mess. It seems like no matter who the mens coach is, its divisive.

Women's team because of it's history can go get the best managers in the women's game.

Men's team doesn't have that history, they can't do that. It's not like Pep Guardiolia is going to come manage the USMNT.

So when you can't get the top managers in the game, the managers you do get all have flaws which causes controversy.

Women's team because of it's history can go get the best managers in the women's game.

Men's team doesn't have that history, they can't do that. It's not like Pep Guardiolia is going to come manage the USMNT.

So when you can't get the top managers in the game, the managers you do get all have flaws which causes controversy.

I think the US is getting to the level that they could actually get a decent, experienced club manager. There were rumors some were interested in the job before they have it back to Berhalter.

I realize we are rolling with GB now through this WC cycle.

I think the US is getting to the level that they could actually get a decent, experienced club manager. There were rumors some were interested in the job before they have it back to Berhalter.

I realize we are rolling with GB now through this WC cycle.

What level club manager?

I think US Soccer actually did make a few calls and tried to get a few knock it out of the park candidates but they tall told them no.

So out of options they just went back to GB.

What level club manager?

I think US Soccer actually did make a few calls and tried to get a few knock it out of the park candidates but they tall told them no.

So out of options they just went back to GB.

Mmm I dont know. I know some former successful Mexican League managers were interested. The timing has to be right for someone who does not want to do club anymore.

If you pay enough, it will interest someone.

Mmm I dont know. I know some former successful Mexican League managers were interested. The timing has to be right for someone who does not want to do club anymore.

If you pay enough, it will interest someone.

US Soccer doesn't have unlimited money though.

US Soccer doesn't have unlimited money though.

No, but besides the big Euro jobs and a few in South America, its a pretty good gig. Facilities are up there, talent level is not the top of the top, but all the starters basically play in the Big 5 leagues.

No, but besides the big Euro jobs and a few in South America, its a pretty good gig. Facilities are up there, talent level is not the top of the top, but all the starters basically play in the Big 5 leagues.

Yeah but if you are going to leave club level money especially if you are a top level manager, you are going to be doing so because you have a chance at winning a world cup.

And that's the thing, the USMNT just doesn't offer the chance to win the world cup.

Yeah but if you are going to leave club level money especially if you are a top level manager, you are going to be doing so because you have a chance at winning a world cup.

And that's the thing, the USMNT just doesn't offer the chance to win the world cup.
The guy who get USA into the final 4 or higher will be able to just about pick his next job.

A couple days late, but this a great hire by US Soccer

I dont see how the women's team gets hires right, but the mens team is just a mess. It seems like no matter who the mens coach is, its divisive.

Coming back to this, I've followed Emma Hayes since she was turning the Chicago Red Stars into an eventual powerhouse, and then turned Chelsea into English champions. This is a best possible scenario hire.

Reactions: JRHawk2003

Also the limited time with the players as a national team manager limits what you can do as a coach. A lot of managers enjoy working with the players on a more consistent basis. You do not get that managing a national team

US Soccer will probably pay her close to a million dollars a year. I would guess she doesn't make that at club level. Where some of top men's managers make over 10 million a year. US Soccer is not going to pay that

Probably more like a dozen.

Problem is that international football is inherently less attractive then club football is. So you are already working with a thinned out number of people with interest.

Thats iffy. A country like Portugal has more soccer history, but he US has more resources and better facilities.

Thats iffy. A country like Portugal has more soccer history, but he US has more resources and better facilities.

I think the question is more which one gives me a better chance to win, which one gets my name out there more.

Portugal does both of those.

On the global scale people are more interested in someone who's coached Christiano Ronaldo than someone who's coached Christian Pulisic.

I think the question is more which one gives me a better chance to win, which one gets my name out there more.

Portugal does both of those.

On the global scale people are more interested in someone who's coached Christiano Ronaldo than someone who's coached Christian Pulisic.

Yeah....I dont think people care. There is more interest and less resources in those countries.

US Soccer will probably pay her close to a million dollars a year. I would guess she doesn't make that at club level. Where some of top men's managers make over 10 million a year. US Soccer is not going to pay that
Nor should they. If she raises the women's team to a point they're bringing in the same bucks as the men, then you have a different story.

Nations League/Copa America Qualifier Roster is out

Pulisic, Weah and Adams all out with injury

USA Men Return to action tonight in the CONCACAF Nations League.

Playing the dreaded Trinidad and Tobago, who knocked the US out of WC Qualifying in 2018.

USA 'Focused' Heading into Nations League

"Christian Pulisic (AC Milan), Timothy Weah (Juventus) and Tyler Adams (Bournemouth) will all be unavailable due to injury, with Adams the only of those three expected to be out long term.

Monday's return trip to Trinidad and Tobago will be the team's first visit to the Caribbean nation since losing in 2017 to miss out on the 2018 World Cup.

While the team has almost completely turned over since then, Berhalter said the defeat is "always still in our minds.""

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT