ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Preseason poll

Man sounds like - you have a hard on for the new best team in the State!! Let's talk about what you guys lost- hmm- both first round TE's - best DB - good DE and really solid o-lineman. Block AJ next year and we beat the hawks by two TD's. It's going to be a 9 or 10 win season and the biggest problem will be holding on to HC - Matty C.
LOL, Hawkeyes beat the clowns by two TDs this season. ISwho's weak o-line will get manhandled and Iowa's offense controls clock and game.

I will hand it to you 12-1 is an accomplishment, but with no CFP appearance it truly means nothing... hey I’m not digging on you here obviously you’ve been closer then we have to making the CFP... but at the end of the day you have made it to in the CFP just as many times the huskers have... which is not at all... so again nothing makes to see nothing too note worthy this isn’t let’s hand everyone participation medals here, you’re either in or your not, and neither of have been... will the huskers get close to doing so who knows one can only hope same as for the Hawkeyes one can only hope... I’m more shocked to see the hatred over here I mean seriously I’ve done nothing but state facts and regardless of what the one poster who thinks I’ve sat here and thumped my chest I haven’t ... I’m actually saying yes Iowa has been the stronger team as of late and hey that’s great but the question as what has been note worthy so I posed the same question back, and what I’m seeing is note worthy is different for husker fans or maybe just myself then it is for your collective fan base, which is probably why the huskers don’t settle for coaches with just a winning record like Pelini and we go for being competitive we want to win it all and that’s all I can ask for as a fan... I ask for leadership that will strive to get us another championship so even if we never do make it again I know that we will never just roll over and accept mediocre bowl wins and we’ll we almost made it so that’s good enough... almost don’t count in my books... thank you for the fun though guys I’ll leave you at it and again good luck this year
So, you REALLY think Iowa coaches, players, and fans are satisfied with just winning bowl games? Of course the goal is to win the division, conference, and CFP; however, unlike Nebby program (we're not babies that whine & make knee jerk reactions when things don't go our way). I just smile and nod at Nebby fans as they try to "restore the order"...f'ing idiots.

Last edited:
Iowa had two first round draft picks with 2 or 3 more in later rounds and finished behind 3 or 4 teams in the B10 West division......so your point is?
Just that Iowa always has more drafted players than isu.

Idle threats...why don't husker fans WAIT until their team ACTUALLY does something on the field before spouting off?
Who is talking about victories disappearing? Lol, jfc...

Man, what boneheads..

They love all their past victories tho...they still live off them...

What? The last 4 years dont count?

Reactions: sltldowney
Let's just wait and see what happens at Jack Trice in September. We'll see where the teams are ranked after that game. BTW,
whole winning every game is what all teams want to do, for many of us in the Cyclone Nation, conference games carry a greater importance than the one game against Eastern Iowa Junior College.
Every iswho fan I know says differently; they want the Iowa win more than winning Lil'12 conference games.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
The hype for Iowa State is hilarious. They finished ~60th in offensive efficiency last year, and now they lose their only good WR and only good RB, and still have a dumpster fire OL. The defense will be pretty salty, but losing both starting CBs in a pass-happy conference could cause some early growing pains. They’ll win 6 or 7 games like they always do, and we’ll have to hear all offseason about how they are turning the corner and are finally ready to supplant Iowa as the preeminent program in the state. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Fear Sept. 14

Who was he an Iowa graduate? Obviously he didn't make the big time. To many stripes against him.
mcdonalds.jpg

The hawks won't win in Ames this year. They will have to completely shut down the Clones to win and that is not going to happen. Clones have 8 defensive starters returning and have depth.

Iowa’s Defense is likely to be just as good if not better (like usual) then Iowa St. So will maybe come down to Offense and Iowa definitely has the advantage there.

LOL. Nothing like preseason hype to bring out the Fusker idiots.

Yeah, that 4-2 finish with wins against 7-6 Mich St, 7-6 Minnesota, 4-8 Illinois and FCS Bethune-Cookman really turned some heads.

Mississippi St could have beaten an all-star team made up from the teams the Fuskers beat last year.

Not to mention Iowa has OWNED you guys of late.

Just because Fusker fans and media yahoos buy into the hype doesn't mean the rest of us are fooled. Come back when the Fuskers actually accomplish something noteworthy on the football field (for the first time in ~20 years and counting).

LOL
Then how in the world did it take Iowa a last second field goal to pull out a win on this team of misfits? Plus it was in your house? You should have easily beat us by 4 TDs no? Doesn't really say much for Iowa does it? Basically says you are only just slightly better than Mich St, Minn, Ill or Bethune Cookman.

Every iswho fan I know says differently; they want the Iowa win more than winning Lil'12 conference games.
I do not know a single ISU fan who feels that way. Have not heard anyone express that view since the 15-game streak ended in '98.

Then how in the world did it take Iowa a last second field goal to pull out a win on this team of misfits? Plus it was in your house? You should have easily beat us by 4 TDs no? Doesn't really say much for Iowa does it? Basically says you are only just slightly better than Mich St, Minn, Ill or Bethune Cookman.

Good grief.

Husker fan again bragging about a loss.

Iowa proved during other parts of the 9-win season, especially in its bowl game, how good of a team they were. The close Neb game was an outlier. Neb fans are hanging their hats on the above games as to why they are ready to be a powerhouse. To not be able to tell the difference is being extremely obtuse.

Iowa’s Defense is likely to be just as good if not better (like usual) then Iowa St. So will maybe come down to Offense and Iowa definitely has the advantage there.
Iowa had 16 receptions in the game last year. 10 of those receptions came from Hock/Fant. There is very little chance to replicate that production from the TE position this year, and your WRs scare no-one. The hawks will have to shut down Purdy and the rest of the ISU offense to win in Ames because the Iowa offense will struggle. I don't see any chance of that happening unless another act of God intervenes or there is significant injuries.

Iowa had 16 receptions in the game last year. 10 of those receptions came from Hock/Fant. There is very little chance to replicate that production from the TE position this year, and your WRs scare no-one. The hawks will have to shut down Purdy and the rest of the ISU offense to win in Ames because the Iowa offense will struggle. I don't see any chance of that happening unless another act of God intervenes or there is significant injuries.

You talk about Iowa losing production at TE yet you lose your only 2 good offensive players that teams were worried about last year in Butler and Montgomery. Hate to break it to you none of your WR scare anyone as well. But then again weren't you the same clown last year under different username proclaiming ISU had better TEs than Iowa?

Good grief.

Husker fan again bragging about a loss.

Iowa proved during other parts of the 9-win season, especially in its bowl game, how good of a team they were. The close Neb game was an outlier. Neb fans are hanging their hats on the above games as to why they are ready to be a powerhouse. To not be able to tell the difference is being extremely obtuse.
Iowa fans trash Nebraska every chance you get. The last few years, rightfully so. If you honestly are too blinded by hate to see that the Nebraska who took you guys to the wire and Ohio St to wire is a much much much better team than the previous 3 years.
If Nebraska was as bad and pathetic as you claimed. There is zero reason Iowa should have struggle. Zero reason Ohio St couldn't put up 60 on us like previous years. Plain and simple this is not the same team. Hell 75% of the roster is different since Frost has come.
Nebraska is not a top 10 team yet We most definitely will be a top 25 team. You guys want respect from Nebraska? Might want to try giving some as well.

Hey, look who crawled out from under his Ames rock. Glad you're not grounded anymore and Mom gave you your screen time back.

Shutting down the ISU offense wasn't a problem last year, and your two biggest offensive weapons are gone. Oh, are you going to go with the "Now we have our next johnny-come-lately QB that Iowa's never faced before blah blah blah"? Spare us.

Iowa fans trash Nebraska every chance you get. The last few years, rightfully so. If you honestly are too blinded by hate to see that the Nebraska who took you guys to the wire and Ohio St to wire is a much much much better team than the previous 3 years.
If Nebraska was as bad and pathetic as you claimed. There is zero reason Iowa should have struggle. Zero reason Ohio St couldn't put up 60 on us like previous years. Plain and simple this is not the same team. Hell 75% of the roster is different since Frost has come.
Nebraska is not a top 10 team yet We most definitely will be a top 25 team. You guys want respect from Nebraska? Might want to try giving some as well.

"You guys want respect from Nebraska? Might want to try giving some as well"

Maybe you and the rest of the Husker fans always posting here should take your own advice and it could fix your issue. This statement is irony at it's best...

Nebber was a lightning storm away from 3-9.

Instead you got to schedule Betty Crocker & get your 4th win.

Am I forgetting anything?

Mad respect indeed.

LC - I agree maybe some fans care about the Big 12 more. But your buddies on CF surely don’t agree. Psycho Twins and his underling JP have more than 70k posts and about 90 percent deal with Iowa. Look at the board sometime. I mean people there have more posts on who Iowa misses on in recruiting than who ISU gets. Maybe those idiots are in the minority but is is the ISU board run by Williams and way more talk on Iowa than all the Big 12 combined.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

So was Purdue and Iowa really 30 points better thr

Haha the continued excuses and what-ifs from the Iowa St and Nebraska fan bases are too good! Act of God or significant injuries. Why do I have a feeling you use that kind of excuse every time Iowa St loses.

Look other teams can play that game too! Iowa returns 2 projected Top 10 picks and a 3 year starting QB. It would take a blizzard or the moon falling on the Earth for Iowa to lose in Ames next year.

Why don't you earn it first? Fans of a two-time defending 4-8 team coming to another team's board begging for respect is downright pathetic.
We have earned it. Its call 100+ year of football, 5 NC, 3 heisman winners, 46 conf championships,hundreds of draft players, all americans. You must work on your reading comprehension skills. Where did I "beg" for respect. Nebraska doesn't need to beg for anything. When Iowa accomplishes half as much as Nebraska we can start having the conversation about which program should have more respect for the other.

Reactions: wj
So was Purdue and Iowa really 30 points better thr

Haha the continued excuses and what-ifs from the Iowa St and Nebraska fan bases are too good! Act of God or significant injuries. Why do I have a feeling you use that kind of excuse every time Iowa St loses.

Look other teams can play that game too! Iowa returns 2 projected Top 10 picks and a 3 year starting QB. It would take a blizzard or the moon falling on the Earth for Iowa to lose in Ames next year.
Not so confident coming to Nebraska?

We have earned it. Its call 100+ year of football, 5 NC, 3 heisman winners, 46 conf championships,hundreds of draft players, all americans. You must work on your reading comprehension skills. Where did I "beg" for respect. Nebraska doesn't need to beg for anything. When Iowa accomplishes half as much as Nebraska we can start having the conversation about which program should have more respect for the other.

Funny "We have earned it" What have you in particularly earned? As a fan and internet troll you've earned nothing but the ridicule you've received. Just because you're a fan of a team with success from over 20 years ago before most college players were born doesn't mean squat anymore. Especially with the arrogance and ignorance your fan base displays here on a daily basis. I ask this in all seriousness what type of response do you guys expect when you come to an opposing teams boards bad mouthing their team who has beaten you 4x in a row coming off back to back 4-8 win seasons? Because since you've joined the conference you are nothing but a middle tier team with a losing record to lowly Iowa.

Anything to brag about in this century?

LC - I agree maybe some fans care about the Big 12 more. But your buddies on CF surely don’t agree. Psycho Twins and his underling JP have more than 70k posts and about 90 percent deal with Iowa. Look at the board sometime. I mean people there have more posts on who Iowa misses on in recruiting than who ISU gets. Maybe those idiots are in the minority but is is the ISU board run by Williams and way more talk on Iowa than all the Big 12 combined.
I will do a lot for ISU. But going to CF is not among them.
But you are making a huge assumption in thinking that because a fan spends s lot of time dissing Iowa, he would rather best Iowa than a Big XII team. I spend a fair amount of time here and much as I would like to have won the Iowa game the past two years, for instance, there is no way in hell I would have traded a league win for it.

LC - I guess maybe. But when there are more posts on CF about the ISU-Iowa game multiple weeks after the game and the week of hosting top 5 Okie at least that would indicate fans there think otherwise. And it is not digging it is a crazy and sick obsession with Iowa. There is a difference between digging and arguing versus actually having more posts on just Iowa football recruiting than on all Clone sports posts combined. Quite frankly, if Iowa went away so would CF and there would be a couple people on suicide watch. I go there every few days to watch the shit show. So maybe you are correct on games that matter but CF surely shows the opposite. Anyway, I have said multiple times enjoy your presence on here.

90% of the posts in those threads are by the same people, an extremely small portion of the fanbase, and I'll 100% admit they are obsessed.

CF is a very busy message board. Without going political here, the top 4 threads on the politics board have roughly 75,000+ posts that are basically the same thing - 10 or 15 of the same people going back and forth. I don't think it's representative of ISU any more than the 10 or 15 Iowa obsessed fans are.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1

You sound like an 11 year old.

This entire response is absolutely hilarious! Thank you.

I know Neb folks aren't exactly known for intelligence, but when are ya'll gonna figure out that when you come to this board and use ancient history as your main argument for your current team and program strength, you look really stupid and are an easy target for ridicule? I'm pretty sure every level of ape and some higher non-primates would have that down by now.

Fair point Bryce. Just seems so weird to me. How that unemployed Twins moron on CF continually calls Iowa little brother and Super Bowl and all that crap yet has 50k posts on Iowa. He probably isn’t smart enough to understand hypocrisy. I guess I just assume someone would have a job or a family or something more meaningful in life than talk about a rival all day. But I do agree on obsessed fans and unfortunately end up sounding dumb for the majority. Good banter is awesome and the point of these boards or I thought.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT