ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Preseason poll

Epenesa is a stud for sure but ISU is loaded and deep. We now have enough experience on the OL that solid play is expected. BTW, our DL handled the hawk OL just fine last year and hawks lost Wadley and both TEs. Hawks won't move the ball so the defense will have to completely shut down the ISU offense, which I don't see happening in Ames.

So deep and loaded. That national championship banner is going to look so sweet at Jack Trice.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
So deep and loaded. That national championship banner is going to look so sweet at Jack Trice.
I know I didn’t know they had the next John elway, Tim brown, tony boselili, Michael Strahan, all on one team..

I know I didn’t know they had the next John elway, Tim brown, tony boselili, Michael Strahan, all on one team..

If only natural disasters, cheating refs, cheating opponents, once in a lifetime injuries, and other acts of god didn’t happen they surely would have been 14-0 National Champs last year instead of 8-5. Luckily, that stuff will never happen to them again.

Sadly South Carolina play's one of the toughest schedules in the nation 2019

Aug. 31 @ TBA vs North Carolina
Sept. 7 @ TBA Charleston Southern
Sept. 14 @ TBA Alabama
Sept. 21 @ TBA at Missouri
Sept. 28 @ TBA Kentucky
Oct. 5 Open date
Oct. 12 @ TBA at Georgia
Oct. 19 @ TBA Florida
Oct. 26 @ TBA at Tennessee
Nov. 2 @ TBA Vanderbilt
Nov. 9 @ TBA Appalachian St.
Nov. 16 @ TBA at Texas A&M
Nov. 23 Open date
Nov. 30 @ TBA Clemson

Who were the rbs last year? I guess Wadley was the year prior. Hawks had right at 100 yds rushing last year and I would fully expect that number to decrease. Hawks will have to stop a mobile QB this year and They have struggled with them in the past.
Iowa will have 3 or 4 above average running backs, that as a unit will be quite productive.

Sept. 14 @ TBA Alabama
Sept. 28 @ TBA Kentucky
Oct. 5 Open date
Oct. 12 @ TBA at Georgia
Oct. 19 @ TBA Florida
Nov. 2 @ TBA Vanderbilt
Nov. 23 Open date
Nov. 30 @ TBA Clemson

Sorry for the passing of #15. BOL: to the Gamecocks this season.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Correct. Because I don't know enough about every team in the entire country to make a valid judgment on the relative strength of every team in the country, so I'll go with the wisdom of the crowd when it comes to preseason rankings, whether it be polls or it be metrics. Both show the teams are very comparable. It's a home game. Iowa State should expect to win at this point. Will they? Wouldn't surprise me either way. I would be surprised with a blowout.
You do realize that most reasonable Iowa fans know that ISU is improving under Campbell and these games are a challenge, (BUT), what gets everyone hair standing up on end is how Clone fans come on this site and act like their team has ever done anything better then have what Iowa fans would consider an average year at best, and yet act like somehow the programs are on the same level. Sorry, but they're just not. It's going to take a lot of years like last one for ISU to ever be considered on an even level in football with THE University of Iowa, and thats IF Campbell sticks around, and they actually win the big 12 a couple of times and play in three or four truely major bowls, (orange, rose sugar, fiesta), and start beating Iowa as well. Good luck with all that, and please feel free to come back and remind us here when that happens...:rolleyes:

Yeah, if Campbell is near as good as everybody predicts, like they did with Paul Rhoads, he could have another eight-win season; then thank all the secretaries and players on his way out the door.

See Earle Bruce. See Johnny Majors. I get that the clowns are living for the now and ignoring history, what else can they do? But if they win enough games this year they may have another Jim Criner. Or a Donnie Duncan. Or a Jim Walden. I don't mean to be cruel, but at least the above coached in a tough football conference.

Sept. 14 @ TBA Alabama
Sept. 28 @ TBA Kentucky
Oct. 5 Open date
Oct. 12 @ TBA at Georgia
Oct. 19 @ TBA Florida
Nov. 2 @ TBA Vanderbilt
Nov. 23 Open date
Nov. 30 @ TBA Clemson
Yikes. 5 wins will be tough with that schedule.

Sept. 14 @ TBA Alabama
Sept. 28 @ TBA Kentucky
Oct. 5 Open date
Oct. 12 @ TBA at Georgia
Oct. 19 @ TBA Florida
Nov. 2 @ TBA Vanderbilt
Nov. 23 Open date
Nov. 30 @ TBA Clemson

I applaud S. Carolina. One of 3 SEC teams playing 2 power 5 non conference along with Florida and Georgia who like usc also have in state rivals in the ACC. Bama and A & M as crossover games won’t be easy plus ending year vs Clemson. Just playing Bama and Clemson is rough enough but through in Georgia you guys may have the toughest schedule in the nation next year.

You do realize that most reasonable Iowa fans know that ISU is improving under Campbell and these games are a challenge, (BUT), what gets everyone hair standing up on end is how Clone fans come on this site and act like their team has ever done anything better then have what Iowa fans would consider an average year at best, and yet act like somehow the programs are on the same level. Sorry, but they're just not. It's going to take a lot of years like last one for ISU to ever be considered on an even level in football with THE University of Iowa, and thats IF Campbell sticks around, and they actually win the big 12 a couple of times and play in three or four truely major bowls, (orange, rose sugar, fiesta), and start beating Iowa as well. Good luck with all that, and please feel free to come back and remind us here when that happens...:rolleyes:

What I love most of what you say is how many times we’ve heard from their fans about how avg KF is and Iowa no one cares about us cause we are an avg 8 win team most years under him. Yet after back to back 8 year win seasons all of a sudden narrative changes and they talk about how relevant they are becoming and what not and “people are taking notice” etc. Funny thing is in those 2 seasons Iowa has won just as much and head to head. Let alone the fact last season for Iowa would’ve tied the program record for most wins in a season at isu and tied for 2nd highest finish in top 25 in program history.

What I love most of what you say is how many times we’ve heard from their fans about how avg KF is and Iowa no one cares about us cause we are an avg 8 win team most years under him. Yet after back to back 8 year win seasons all of a sudden narrative changes and they talk about how relevant they are becoming and what not and “people are taking notice” etc. Funny thing is in those 2 seasons Iowa has won just as much and head to head. Let alone the fact last season for Iowa would’ve tied the program record for most wins in a season at isu and tied for 2nd highest finish in top 25 in program history.

You missed the clown news. They are the bear now.

This post deserves an ovation.

Iowa is not going to win this game. The hawks luck has run out for sure. The chance of another cancellation is quite small.

Not long after accusing Hawkeye fans of "ridiculous drivel" in another thread because you didn't agree with their facts, you post this gem. You are unequivocally the biggest moron to ever post on this board. Your ISU brethren must be SO PROUD.

Iowa is not going to win this game. The hawks luck has run out for sure. The chance of another cancellation is quite small.

Typical slack-jawed Cletus post ... “The hawks luck has run out for sure”.

Yeah, probably has nothing to do with Iowa’s superior football program over the past century +. Just luck.

It's going to take a lot of years like last one for ISU to ever be considered on an even level in football with THE University of Iowa, and thats IF Campbell sticks around, and they actually win the big 12 a couple of times and play in three or four truely major bowls, (orange, rose sugar, fiesta), and start beating Iowa as well. Good luck with all that, and please feel free to come back and remind us here when that happens...:rolleyes:

100% agree with you. You are correct, I've said it on CF and have taken some heat for it, but I think it would probably have to be at LEAST a 10 year run of comparable or greater success than the Hawkeyes for ISU to be considered on a level playing field. IMO I think they'd have to do it under multiple coaches too, unless somebody like Campbell just sticks around forever like Ferentz. I don't think he will either, but that's the kind of thing it would take.

For the record pretty much every ISU fan on CF agrees with me that posted in the thread about ISU being the "bear" now.

Reactions: owenhawk
100% agree with you. You are correct, I've said it on CF and have taken some heat for it, but I think it would probably have to be at LEAST a 10 year run of comparable or greater success than the Hawkeyes for ISU to be considered on a level playing field. IMO I think they'd have to do it under multiple coaches too, unless somebody like Campbell just sticks around forever like Ferentz. I don't think he will either, but that's the kind of thing it would take.

For the record pretty much every ISU fan on CF agrees with me that posted in the thread about ISU being the "bear" now.
Appreciate most of your posts, as they are generally not the rantings of many of the Clone fans who post here. Just to clarify, when you say that ISU is the "bear" now, are you saying that they are the hunter at this point? I guess thats correct to a point as they are in search of what Iowa has, even though as Hawk fans we are hopeful that with an apparent uptick in recruiting these last few years, we will see further growth from our program.

ISU even scheduled a bye this year prior to the Iowa game. CMC and Pollard going all in this year on the instate rivalry.

They've got the built-in excuse for this fall already in place. I can just see lightningred's post now (under a different username, of course) - "Iowa only won because ISU was rusty from having the bye week prior to our game." LOL.

Reactions: TCOOL
Those will all take care of themselves when hunting that CFP bid.
youre_serious_futurama.gif

Reactions: mikesright
-2? So either a limited home field advantage or Vegas determined Iowa is a better team. You realize you are supposed to support your opinion don’t you?

Lightning - did you set your alarm to get up at 3 am and post a betting line on a football game over 3 months away? And it’s Iowa’s Super Bowl and we are obsessed? Pretty weak home field advantage for ISU BTW. Like really weak. I assume the line with be 3.5 come kick assuming no major injuries. Home game. Bye week before. God is 0-3 against Iowa and first Messiah game so must win for Clones. I do believe ISU will win since this is the biggest game for them and Campbell is all in on it. He was last year too running out a hurt QB behind a line that couldn’t block. They cannot afford to lose this game at home when the Big 12 is weak. Get some sleep Lightning not worth posting in the middle of the night on a game 4 months away.

Lightning - did you set your alarm to get up at 3 am and post a betting line on a football game over 3 months away? And it’s Iowa’s Super Bowl and we are obsessed? Pretty weak home field advantage for ISU BTW. Like really weak. I assume the line with be 3.5 come kick assuming no major injuries. Home game. Bye week before. God is 0-3 against Iowa and first Messiah game so must win for Clones. I do believe ISU will win since this is the biggest game for them and Campbell is all in on it. He was last year too running out a hurt QB behind a line that couldn’t block. They cannot afford to lose this game at home when the Big 12 is weak. Get some sleep Lightning not worth posting in the middle of the night on a game 4 months away.
It’s weird he says he played against roger Craig which would put him in his 60s because no way he played in the nfl and knows this little about football.. but he post like he is in his 20-30s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT