ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Preseason poll

CID - I will say I have seen about every time I am there reference to what is posted here including posting articles and discussion. Like I said, I laugh a little, shake my head and thank God I am not a Clone fan and live in reality where games played actually count. I also am thankful I don’t have 50k posts generally let alone all about a rival and brag about my trolls and spend all my days following another team and high school kids my team isn’t even recruiting. Now that would really suck but the life of that CF board it appears.

CID - I will say I have seen about every time I am there reference to what is posted here including posting articles and discussion. Like I said, I laugh a little, shake my head and thank God I am not a Clone fan and live in reality where games played actually count. I also am thankful I don’t have 50k posts generally let alone all about a rival and brag about my trolls and spend all my days following another team and high school kids my team isn’t even recruiting. Now that would really suck but the life of that CF board it appears.

Iowa will play the Clowns in September and the better team will win. We all have our opinions, but that what it comes down to.

That and making it five in a row. Got to break Hayden's record of 15 straight from 1983 to 1997. One step at a time.

Let's just wait and see what happens at Jack Trice in September. We'll see where the teams are ranked after that game. BTW,
whole winning every game is what all teams want to do, for many of us in the Cyclone Nation, conference games carry a greater importance than the one game against Eastern Iowa Junior College.
LOL, tell that to all the iswho fans that I know who freely admit that the Iowa game is the one they want to win the most each season.

Last edited:
I do not know a single ISU fan who feels that way. Have not heard anyone express that view since the 15-game streak ended in '98.
Obviously you don't know my isu relatives; to them the Iowa game and victory is the MOST important on the schedule.

The WR group at ISU is heads and shoulders better than Iowa's. The QB is definitively better and everyone returns on the ISU OL. One again barring an act of god, the Clones should handle the hawks in Ames. Iowa won't move the ball at all against the Clone defense.
LOL...what a load a crap.

I absolutely will not be talking trash about the FB game. A one point win would be great for ISU and I'd take it gladly. However, this is a game ISU should absolutely expect to win. It's at home, we have the best returning team probably since the aforementioned 2005 team. That said, it wouldn't be shocking at all to see them lose the game.

As to whether ISU would rather win a conference game or the Iowa game, I've said repeatedly it really doesn't matter/sometimes I'd rather win the Iowa game. Reason being we really haven't competed championships, so it really didn't matter which games they won. Also, ISU losing the Iowa game early in the season has a hangover effect on the next few games from a fan standpoint. This is why I'm 100% for ISU dropping the series as many of you are, I think it hurts more than helps us at this point.

However, this is a year ISU will likely be picked in the top 3 or 4 teams in the league. They need every conference game they can get, and a win over OU or UT this year would be huge since they just need to finish in the top 2 spots.
Why should ISU "absolutely expect to win" this season's Iowa game? I don't care if it's played in Ames, in Kinnick, or in Siberia...Iowa is simply a better team than ISU again this year.

Pettway will help ISU a lot in the WR position.

I think a QB like Purdy is the type of NW style, mobile QB that has hurt Iowa in the past.

Again, this is a game that ISU should expect to win. But it will likely be a close game if they do, because like last year there probably won't be much scoring. If ISU wins, I think it will be 17-14 or something like that. It will likely be a tough, gritty, close game. I don't think either fanbase should expect a blowout.
Iowa wins by 10 to 14 points, while not a blowout, certainly Hawks are in control of the game.

Actually ISU fans are respected all around the country. Because very few fanbases respect hawk fans, your opinions are discounted. It appears to be well earned.
Seriously, do people "around the country" even know who ISU is? Afterall, it's known as the Hawkeye State, far and wide, throughout the country.

Seriously, do people "around the country" even know who ISU is? Afterall, it's known as the Hawkeye State, far and wide, throughout the country.

Is there a single player or coach at Clown College who has experience of winning a football game against Iowa?

Do you really not understand how stupid you sound? Have you really not figured it out? Seriously. It's entertaining for us Hawkeyes, but I weep for humanity.
Folks around here struggle with factual data. Folks that don't like it call it stupid. Once again, good luck with that.

In the deluded mind of the typical nub fan, if they have a good team, they'll win the division hands down. How their competition stacks up doesn't matter. You know, cuz their nub and the rest of us are just living in their world.

Reactions: Gladeskat
Debbie re-loads to 4-8.

And acts like they are superior to 9-4 Iowa, and tells us the season was a colossal failure w/ loses to Wisky and NW at home while losing on the road to Purdue and PSU. Yes, Iowa had a chance to win all four but found a way to lose them. It was a season of what could of been.

You're 4 best players are gone?
Actually our best player on defense is only a junior to be, didn't start last season or play even half the snaps, and was still 1st team all conference, in a much better defensive league then the little 12. And your rebuttal is????? Thats what I thought....:rolleyes:

I don’t even understand the arguments anymore. Iowa was better than both teams last year. Typical ISU arguments on this board in the threads. Missed our first game. Our messiah wasn’t playing. Blah, blah. Oh, look at the Alamo Bowl TV rating. Wow. And as always wearing other teams’ jerseys. JFC ISU has a top 5 if not top 3 season in over hundred year history and Iowa had a Meh season and still finished ranked higher and blew out ISU. Kirk has more top 10 finishes than ISU has too 25 finishes in history. Why even try and argue? At least Nebraska has a history and relevance. Lightning I appreciate you fighting the fight tho and you crack me up even though just a paralegal!

We'll see if you show your face here afterwards.
Happy to offer the same wager to you that was posted in another thread. If the hawks win, I will wear a hawk t-shirt(provided by you) for the week following the game and I will make a $50 donation to the Iowa athletic program of your choice. If the Clones win, you wear a Clone t-shirt(I provide) and donate $50 to the Cyclone Gridiron club.....let me know if you are up for it.....I will take silence as a decline.

Iowa wins by 10 to 14 points, while not a blowout, certainly Hawks are in control of the game.

The Iowa DL is what will decide this game again this year. They made the bad isu OL loom worse than they probably were. The most productive players on Iowa’s DL return.

Purdy may be mobile but that only matters if he breaks contain. AJ and Chauncey will wreck their havoc the key is does this result in turnovers or just stops?

If it is just stops I agree it is probably a 10 to 14 point win for the Hawks. If AJ and Chauncey create turnovers it could snowball.

Last edited:

Clown fans are still salty about having the 10th highest attendance for an Alamo Bowl. Lower than Iowa’s attendance of course but clown fans demand that we qualify that.

Clowns fans are awesome only as long as the entire planet only looks at what they deem appropriate and don’t think for themselves. Otherwise reality isn’t as kind to isu and it’s fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Folks around here struggle with factual data. Folks that don't like it call it stupid. Once again, good luck with that.

Please provide all the factual data you have that shows Iowa St is a better football team and program than Iowa. You have yet to provide any.

Why should ISU "absolutely expect to win" this season's Iowa game? I don't care if it's played in Ames, in Kinnick, or in Siberia...Iowa is simply a better team than ISU again this year.

Because they are both ranked about the same and it's a home game. It's not rocket science.

Because they are both ranked about the same and it's a home game. It's not rocket science.

I think the Iowa DL will do to the isu OL a lot if not more than they did last year. If that holds true the outcome will be about the same regardless of where it is being played.

I thought u were a fusker fan? I don’t bet with anonymous internet crazies as you’re likely to go postal on me when your team (either iswho or Debbie) loses to Iowa.
Happy to offer the same wager to you that was posted in another thread. If the hawks win, I will wear a hawk t-shirt(provided by you) for the week following the game and I will make a $50 donation to the Iowa athletic program of your choice. If the Clones win, you wear a Clone t-shirt(I provide) and donate $50 to the Cyclone Gridiron club.....let me know if you are up for it.....I will take silence as a decline.

I thought u were a fusker fan? I don’t bet with anonymous internet crazies as you’re likely to go postal on me when your team (either iswho or Debbie) loses to Iowa.
$50 might be a bit steep for you....I get it.....we could certainly include a clause that the shirt(s) be purchased from your store if you need the credit.

$50 might be a bit steep for you....I get it.....we could certainly include a clause that the shirt(s) be purchased from your store if you need the credit.

More like about 15 mins. We know clown fans always squelch on their bets. It goes with their little bro syndrome.

LOL, the $ amount is not issue as I bet more dollars with friends/people I know. However, I don't bet with internet crazies; I would likely need to hire a debt collector after Iowa whoops up on iswho.

Reactions: HerkyFan
LOL, the $ amount is not issue as I bet more dollars with friends/people I know. However, I don't bet with internet crazies; I would likely need to hire a debt collector after Iowa whoops up on iswho.

Clown fan going full on douche on big bro’s board.

I get it.....you need the $50 spent at your store also.....maybe you could do it payroll deduct over 5 pay periods so it wouldn't hurt as much.....just a thought

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT