ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Preseason poll

Oh, so you’re basing it on subjective pre-season polls, which are quite often inaccurate.

Correct. Because I don't know enough about every team in the entire country to make a valid judgment on the relative strength of every team in the country, so I'll go with the wisdom of the crowd when it comes to preseason rankings, whether it be polls or it be metrics. Both show the teams are very comparable. It's a home game. Iowa State should expect to win at this point. Will they? Wouldn't surprise me either way. I would be surprised with a blowout.

I get it.....you need the $50 spent at your store also.....maybe you could do it payroll deduct over 5 pay periods so it wouldn't hurt as much.....just a thought
LOL-I would bet that my annual salary is > than yours, but again I don’t bet with crazies like u.

LOL-I would bet that my annual salary is > than yours, but again I don’t bet with crazies like u.
The fact that you would make a statement like that, speaks volumes. $50 is a great deal of money to many folks. It is nothing to be ashamed of.

Correct. Because I don't know enough about every team in the entire country to make a valid judgment on the relative strength of every team in the country, so I'll go with the wisdom of the crowd when it comes to preseason rankings, whether it be polls or it be metrics. Both show the teams are very comparable. It's a home game. Iowa State should expect to win at this point. Will they? Wouldn't surprise me either way. I would be surprised with a blowout.
I’m not calling for a “blow out” but just by looking at relative strengths of both rosters, I expect a 10 point Iowa victory. The fact that it’s played in Ames is not that big of deal as Hawks generally play fine there.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I’m not calling for a “blow out” but just by looking at relative strengths of both rosters, I expect a 10 point Iowa victory. The fact that it’s played in Ames is not that big of deal as Hawks generally play fine there.
I believe ISU returns 18 starters. Expecting a 10 point victory is going to leave you extremely disappointed when the hawks don't even win the game....which is exactly what is going to happen.

I believe ISU returns 18 starters. Expecting a 10 point victory is going to leave you extremely disappointed when the hawks don't even win the game....which is exactly what is going to happen.
Whatever u say Sparky. The “good” thing is that isu returns 18 starters & the bad thing is that isu returns 18 starters:)

Just doing the math off the top of my head didn't ISU graduate both starting CBs and Harvey on D. Plus with Montgomery and Butler leaving for the pros that'd make 5 gone. Not for sure if they lost anyone else. So in clone math 22-5=18???

Agreed with all of your points, that Iowa generally plays well in Ames, and that I don't think 10 points is necessarily a blow out based on what happens in a game. I look at the relative strengths of both rosters and I think it's pretty close, as do most people. Regardless of how well Iowa plays at ISU, home field generally gives a bit of an advantage. I bet the line will be a pick 'em or a few points either way. So basically, a game that could go either way. Your own assessment is different. That's fine, but don't expect people to buy in to your own assessment.

Just doing the math off the top of my head didn't ISU graduate both starting CBs and Harvey on D. Plus with Montgomery and Butler leaving for the pros that'd make 5 gone. Not for sure if they lost anyone else. So in clone math 22-5=18???

ISU lists 12 "starters" on offense and defense due to the different packages they run on the depth chart. So 18 is technically correct if we're just counting what ISU calls starters. Iowa does the same FWIW.

Agreed with all of your points, that Iowa generally plays well in Ames, and that I don't think 10 points is necessarily a blow out based on what happens in a game. I look at the relative strengths of both rosters and I think it's pretty close, as do most people. Regardless of how well Iowa plays at ISU, home field generally gives a bit of an advantage. I bet the line will be a pick 'em or a few points either way. So basically, a game that could go either way. Your own assessment is different. That's fine, but don't expect people to buy in to your own assessment.

ISU lists 12 "starters" on offense and defense due to the different packages they run on the depth chart. So 18 is technically correct if we're just counting what ISU calls starters. Iowa does the same FWIW.

Agree with an even up assessment given in Ames. and also beware ISU's 3rd string QB whoever he is going into the season!

So how many career losses do next year’s starting Clowns have combined against Iowa?

Would it be 54 if all 18 are 4th year seniors going into next year.

Not counting next year’s loss obviously.

I’m too lazy but any chance 1 of you Clown fans could add up the career record of your 18 starters against Iowa?

Whatever the # is, it’ll be hilarious! 0-???

Reactions: HoustonHawkeye
I’m expecting a 16 point win.

I’d be extremely disappointed if we only won by 10.
So I will take 15 points and wager your house. Or we could bet the equivalent of 50 pounds of weed if you prefer. Either one works so your choice.....or you could continue to howl at the moon which seems to be your modus operandi.

So I will take 15 points and wager your house. Or we could bet the equivalent of 50 pounds of weed if you prefer. Either one works so your choice.....or you could continue to howl at the moon which seems to be your modus operandi.
Just leave, you're an embarrassment to all of fandom.

Reactions: owenhawk
LOL. Nothing like preseason hype to bring out the Fusker idiots.

Yeah, that 4-2 finish with wins against 7-6 Mich St, 7-6 Minnesota, 4-8 Illinois and FCS Bethune-Cookman really turned some heads.

Mississippi St could have beaten an all-star team made up from the teams the Fuskers beat last year.

Not to mention Iowa has OWNED you guys of late.

Just because Fusker fans and media yahoos buy into the hype doesn't mean the rest of us are fooled. Come back when the Fuskers actually accomplish something noteworthy on the football field (for the first time in ~20 years and counting).

LOL
You converted a fourth down at the end of the game at home to win last year. You owned Mike Riley and nothing else. Prepare your anus.

How much do you think that Iowa will win by?

You converted a fourth down at the end of the game at home to win last year. You owned Mike Riley and nothing else. Prepare your anus.

giphy.gif

Negative 6 pts.....Iowa won't win
Why are you so confident?? Iowa has the better o-line and d-line.. qb is debatable in system.. rbs Iowa’s are proven where isu behind that o line woof.. this actually looks like an Iowa win... Iowa state lost the key guys to last years team.. Iowa didn’t.. but let me guess you think ray Lima is better then aj epenesa because Lima was a starter and eppy was a back up

Reactions: HoustonHawkeye
Why are you so confident?? Iowa has the better o-line and d-line.. qb is debatable in system.. rbs Iowa’s are proven where isu behind that o line woof.. this actually looks like an Iowa win... Iowa state lost the key guys to last years team.. Iowa didn’t.. but let me guess you think ray Lima is better then aj epenesa because Lima was a starter and eppy was a back up
Iowa doesn't have the better D-line. Iowa lost 10 of 16 receptions, and scares no-one with their WRs. ISU returns the entire OL and a QB that was top 5 in efficiency I believe.

Iowa doesn't have the better D-line. Iowa lost 10 of 16 receptions, and scares no-one with their WRs. ISU returns the entire OL and a QB that was top 5 in efficiency I believe.
So Iowa returns a bunch of winners that have never lost to ISU & ISU returns a bunch of losers that have never beat Iowa. Got it.

How many of your pigs do you want to wager again?!?!

Same OL Iowa man handled last year. Hate to break it to you with butler gone ISU wr don’t scare anyone either and with Montgomery gone nor does anyone in the backfield.

Then again you probably aren’t the most credible source. I remember last year you said minus OL isu was better at every position including TE.

Iowa has the better d-line epenesa and gholston are better then anything Iowa state has, and I’d put the rest of the Hawkeye d-line equal to Iowa states... yea Iowa lost 10-16 receptions a game how many did Iowa state just lose?? Butler, montgemery Eaton.. I’ll wait..just an fyi don’t defen your offensive line the look horrible early “Iowa” and late “Texas” they never got better the competition got worse

giphy.gif

I love it and its dead on. Again the experts that AREN'T BIAS even see what the Husker done the final 6 games and seeing Adrian Martinez is a top 10 or better QB in the country along with an elite Head Coach in Scott Frost in year 2..... my gif to Iowa fans that are crying about it....

"Again the experts that AREN'T BIAS even see what the Husker done. . ."

Well done, Cletus. You truly are an exemplary representative of your fanbase.

Iowa has the better d-line epenesa and gholston are better then anything Iowa state has, and I’d put the rest of the Hawkeye d-line equal to Iowa states... yea Iowa lost 10-16 receptions a game how many did Iowa state just lose?? Butler, montgemery Eaton.. I’ll wait..just an fyi don’t defen your offensive line the look horrible early “Iowa” and late “Texas” they never got better the competition got worse
Epenesa is a stud for sure but ISU is loaded and deep. We now have enough experience on the OL that solid play is expected. BTW, our DL handled the hawk OL just fine last year and hawks lost Wadley and both TEs. Hawks won't move the ball so the defense will have to completely shut down the ISU offense, which I don't see happening in Ames.

Epenesa is a stud for sure but ISU is loaded and deep. We now have enough experience on the OL that solid play is expected. BTW, our DL handled the hawk OL just fine last year and hawks lost Wadley and both TEs. Hawks won't move the ball so the defense will have to completely shut down the ISU offense, which I don't see happening in Ames.
Umm.. no Iowa didn’t have Wadley last year.. and Iowa will move the ball just fine against your “tuff” defense.. Iowa has a lot more talent then you are giving credit.. Iowa replaced kittle with Fant, but it’s out of the realm of possibility in your eyes for Iowa to replace him and hockenson yes it will be hard but Iowa will have a tight end that produces

Umm.. no Iowa didn’t have Wadley last year.. and Iowa will move the ball just fine against your “tuff” defense.. Iowa has a lot more talent then you are giving credit.. Iowa replaced kittle with Fant, but it’s out of the realm of possibility in your eyes for Iowa to replace him and hockenson yes it will be hard but Iowa will have a tight end that produces
Who were the rbs last year? I guess Wadley was the year prior. Hawks had right at 100 yds rushing last year and I would fully expect that number to decrease. Hawks will have to stop a mobile QB this year and They have struggled with them in the past.

Not surprised Iowa isn’t ranked. The Hawks have a very tough schedule and lost a lot of talent.

Iowa will probably be a 3 point underdog @ Ames this year. I expect an extremely close game that could go either way.

ISU SHOULD be too 10 at the end of the year. First, they have a good team. Second, they have a hand crafted perfect schedule. The Big 12 is way down. Even teams that were decent recently like West Virginia and Tech have new coaches. ISU gets byes before Iowa and Okie. Texas and TCU go to Ames. Hell Texas lost a bunch of starters and Okie has a new QB. Look ISU will be favored in all but 2 games. As ISU fans like to do to Iowa that means anything less than 10-2 is a huge letdown. If i were an ISU fan anything less than 10 wins before their premier bowl game is simply unacceptable. And that is objective. You are supposed to win the games you are favored. And they will be dogs only at Okie and probably at home against Texas. And if Campbell is 10 percent the coach that Clone fans think they should beat at least Texas at home and win the games they are favored.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT