ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today: WNBA gets a gift in Caitlin Clark. So why are some players so frosty?

Well let's say you gave everything you had and no one cared. Now a young girl comes in at the end of your career and it's like everything you did didn't even happen. I understand their mind set. To be honest we do t know if this will truly pan out.
I still have no Interest in the WNBA I think the fever and who ever they play will get more of a benefit then any other team.
How long will it last?

Well let's say you gave everything you had and no one cared. Now a young girl comes in at the end of your career and it's like everything you did didn't even happen. I understand their mind set. To be honest we do t know if this will truly pan out.
I still have no Interest in the WNBA I think the fever and who ever they play will get more of a benefit then any other team.
How long will it last?
I hope CC's success and popularity will carry over to the WNBA. The hugely positive response she got on SNL over the weekend was encouraging to me. I just have my doubts she'll drive audience to the professional women's basketball league as she did in college over the long run. Hope I'm wrong.

I do believe she is hugely talented and has the abundant confidence that will take her a long way in whatever she ends up doing.

How long will it last?
It's like anything in life, sometimes someone is better than you. I suppose it is like people making alien movies that never caught on as big hits, and then Spielberg comes along with ET and all the other alien movie makers are like what the hell?

I think a lot also has to do that she’s sort of taken her own path too - meaning all the other “greats” typically followed the playbook of going to a blue blood with other hugely sought after recruits which almost guarantees success. CC has carved her own path and achieved this level of success and exposure from “little ole Iowa” that I guarantee chaps some of the gals’ asses.

It’s so strange bc CC handles it all with such grace and humility - meaning she isn’t carrying herself like she expects anything to be given to her or success is guaranteed. She doesn’t talk trash other than what you see on the court.

It all fuels a high amount of jealousy for a variety of reasons.

What she said is in the video. What is going through her mind is:
Take It Personally Michael Jordan GIF

It’s because they feel like they really earned everything they got at UConn and how dare anyone celebrate a runner up.
They all would like to think they would have done the same thing as Caitlin somewhere other than UConn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT