ADVERTISEMENT

Van Buren gang at it again, pew pew Iowa City...

jamesvanderwulf

HR Legend
Nov 27, 2015
People's Republic of Johnson County

IOWA CITY, Iowa (KCRG) - University of Iowa Police say multiple people were taken into custody after reports of a shooting early Christmas morning.

UIPD issued a Hawk Alert just after 2 o’clock Monday morning for the 200-block of S Van Buren, advising people to take shelter and avoid the area as police investigated the scene.

In a press release, Iowa City Police said dispatchers heard multiple shots fired while taking calls. Officers at the scene found evidence of shots fired in the area. There were no reports of any injuries.

ICPD is asking for anyone in the area with security cameras to look over their footage and reach out to the department with any potential video of the shooting.

I lived in an apartment (Iowa-Illinois Manor, at the time) on Van Buren and Burlington in the mid 80s. Great area. Never had or heard of a shooting in IC back then. Nothing but college kids everywhere.

The 200 block is for pussies. 500-600 of S. Van Buren and S Johnson is where the action happened back in the day. Nothing more invigorating than going into the train yard and pissing from the top of a grain car.

I remember going to a party on S. Van Buren one cold night. I looked to my left at one point in the night and Andre Tippett was standing next to me wearing an ugly brown sweater. Pretty cool to stand there all inebriated and try to hold a conversation with an NFL all pro DE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT