ADVERTISEMENT

Van Lith, covid year? Transfer portal?

Man. I don't think I had ever heard her speak. She used the word don't instead of doesn't in her post game interview after the Iowa game. I don't want her and don't think she'd fit in culturally at all after hearing that.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Just don't think she fits the team concept/culture of Iowa.
Didn't see any special passing skills and think she is slow.
Listened to her answer a question cocky rather than confident in nature.
Iowa coaches/players would embrace confidence over cockiness.
Just my opinion.
Agree 100%. Her dad also seems to a bit of a pain in the ass, though I haven’t seen it as much this year. And she’s just not that good.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
wtf are you guys talking about? This is last year all over again….

Iowa does NOT need her. And she likely has zero interest in Iowa, especially with CC leaving. Her style of play wouldn’t fit with Iowa’s — even if the positional fit was there. Which it’s not!

Adding a shooting guard, regardless of talent, will result in a significant step back next year. The only way Iowa will live up to its potential next year is to get a veteran point guard. HVL is not a PG and that has been obvious all year (if not the last four years). We already have plenty of Wings who can shoot the ball well — McCabe, Affolter, Feuerbach and Mallegni (who comes in with a better offer list than any of the 3 returning vets).

Last edited:
Slow of foot, can’t defend, and her shot was terrible this year. She just isn’t a good fit with Iowa’s culture…..oil and vinegar.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
wtf are you guys talking about? This is last year all over again….

Iowa does NOT need her. And she likely has zero interest in Iowa, especially with CC leaving. Her style of play wouldn’t fit with Iowa’s — even if the positional fit was there. Which it’s not!

Adding a shooting guard, regardless of talent, will result in a significant step back next year. The only way Iowa will live up to its potential next year is to get a veteran point guard. HVL is not a PG and that has been obvious all year (if not the last four years). We already have plenty of Wings who can shoot the ball well — McCabe, Affolter, Feuerbach and Mallegni (who comes in with a better offer list than any of the 3 returning vets).
Without CC a significant step back is likely no matter who they might pick up in the portal

If her attitude is right, I'd love to see her in Iowa City. She had a bit of a down year but a 5th year senior, former two time ACC 1st teamer with Final Four experience? Sign me up.

Hailey would keep the spotlight on the Iowa program next year. And she would be a tremendous asset. I hope we get her.
She is not even remotely interested. She wants to be developed for the W. Bluder is not known for that with her offense-first style. There are so many other talented players in the portal. HVL was always overrated, even at Louisville. Her biggest strength is her mid-range game, which Bluder doesn’t even rly allow in her system.

Without CC a significant step back is likely no matter who they might pick up in the portal
A smart PG could mean the team could be a Top 25 team and potentially compete to host the first two rounds. Without a PG, Sydney or Taylor have to play out of position. Or we’ll have to play a freshman who’s just not ready for primetime. More likely to be a disaster IMO than an expected decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: StallmanCurse
She's going to end up at uconn. Bet.
If UConn gets Sarah Strong (‘24 PF currently choosing between Duke, NC and UConn — set to choose in the next week or so), they will not have any roster spots for next year. If they don’t, they don’t need more guards. They are loaded at PG, SG and SF. They need additions to the front court and badly. If they don’t get Strong or a transfer, they will probably go hard for Brynn McGaughy.

Those clips were rough to hear. Maybe she did fit at LSU?
burning homer simpson GIF

What we really need are 3 things. And Van Lith is not a part of any of this. McCabe and Feurbach (sp) need to take giant steps next year to replace Marshall and Martin. Going to be really hard but I think we know Lisa is going to give them first crack. We know McCabe and shoot it but she's got to get way more physical and confident out there. Same w/Feurbach. What we really needed was a healthy Guyton as well. She was going to step in at point right away in my opinion. If she's not healthy ( and going to be tough) it's a really big blow. Affolter and Hannah took huge strides this year and will need to take even bigger steps next year. Hannah has 1st team all conference potential. Just needs to realize it and play w/confidence every single game. Affolter is fearless and is going to be a leader next year.

Well, Bluder could change her recruiting strategy..................
She replied in a interview they have opened up their range of recruiting players.
In the interview asking what she thinks of the new teams joining the Big 10.
Selecting style of players, they recruit probably won't change. Team concept is the way Lisa thinks.

Seems like a very selfish player, and not a good fit to the team culture Bluder has established. Team really does need a PG and a true big besides Stuelke.

Reactions: littlez
No way Geno puts up w/that baggage. And who is she going to start over? Muhl? Are you kidding me. She would not start there.

She definitely wouldn't start at UConn IMO, but Muhl isn't coming back next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT