ADVERTISEMENT

VOTE: Does having Kamala Harris as a Running Mate impact Biden's Chances in November?

Does having Kamala Harris as a Running Mate impact Biden's Chances in November?

• Harris being on the ticket doesn't impact Biden's chances of winning at all

• Harris being on the ticket helps Biden's chances of winning

• Harris being on the ticket helps Trump's chances of winning

Results are only viewable after voting.
She is a small factor overall. Positive or negative, she isn't really a factor when people are considering a vote for Joe. For the trump voters who want to expand the divide, they point to her a major liability, but they weren't going to vote for Joe regardless. As previously stated a LOT, Joe isn't many D or I voters first choice, it is a vote for NOT Trump.

And anyone who says Trump has my vote, but if Joe's VP was someone else, I'd swing to Joe. IMO, that person is full of shit.

She is a small factor overall. Positive or negative, she isn't really a factor when people are considering a vote for Joe. For the trump voters who want to expand the divide, they point to her a major liability, but they weren't going to vote for Joe regardless. As previously stated a LOT, Joe isn't many D or I voters first choice, it is a vote for NOT Trump.

And anyone who says Trump has my vote, but if Joe's VP was someone else, I'd swing to Joe. IMO, that person is full of shit.

in the end, what independents think is what will matter, imo.

tenor.gif

As others have said above, it will not swing votes from Biden to Trump or vice versa. But I think a better VP (Whitmer, etc) would help get independents off the couch to vote.

I think the big story this fall will be the lack of turnout. A huge percentage of us (me included) are turned off by the two choices. While I will vote for the non-Trump option I’m very unhappy about voting for someone I honestly believe won’t make it the full term and will be mentally deficient while he is in office.

It impacts the election for anyone concerned about Biden not being able to make it through his term. It probably doesn't get Trump a lot of votes, but it probably costs Biden some votes.
This. A pretty minor effect but in a close election it matters. Having a rock star VP waiting in the wings in case he doesn’t make it to 86 would be reassuring.

Reactions: funksouljon
Definitely a liability at this point …

1) Her favorability ratings are worse than Joe’s
2) With Joe’s cognitive issues very few people believe he would be capable of serving until January 2029 so a VP taking over at some point is very likely, if he wins.

Definitely a liability at this point …

1) Her favorability ratings are worse than Joe’s
2) With Joe’s cognitive issues very few people believe he would be capable of serving until January 2029 so a VP taking over at some point is very likely, if he wins.

These numbers are from a June 12 story linked at the end of this post.

Some excerpts:

With voter concern about President Joe Biden’s age haunting his chances of reelection, a new poll shows his next in line, Vice President Kamala Harris, facing serious doubts about her ability to win the presidency herself, or to perform the job well were she to inherit it.

Only a third of voters think it’s likely Harris would win an election were she to become the Democratic nominee, and just three of five Democrats believe she would prevail. A quarter of independents think she would win.

That skepticism extends to her potential future role as the head of her party. 42% of voters described her as a strong leader, including three-quarters of Democrats but only a third of independents.

The poll shows that Harris shares the same poor ratings as Biden. Both are well underwater, Biden at 43 percent favorable and 54 unfavorable, Harris at 42 percent favorable and 52 percent unfavorable.

The Full Story:

I would have never ever thought I would say this but it occurs to me now that I would rather have her than the other two at this point…

Serious questions:

Personally, I don't think it happens, BUT if Biden is forced to exit the race, would Harris end up at the top of the ticket?

If not, why not?

If so, could she/would she beat Trump?

What a mess 4 months until Election Day.

As others have said above, it will not swing votes from Biden to Trump or vice versa. But I think a better VP (Whitmer, etc) would help get independents off the couch to vote.

I think the big story this fall will be the lack of turnout. A huge percentage of us (me included) are turned off by the two choices. While I will vote for the non-Trump option I’m very unhappy about voting for someone I honestly believe won’t make it the full term and will be mentally deficient while he is in office.

Low turnout means it's a battle of the extremists.

Trump's core voting block is going to be very motivated to get out to the polls.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Low turnout means it's a battle of the extremists.

Trump's core voting block is going to be very motivated to get out to the polls.

Democrat voters might not vote for President, too, because of the Hamas/Israel war.

Muslim Americans are an example of one group who have organized in many states to "abandon Biden."

If these traditional Democrats leave their selection for President blank or simply don't show up to vote, that could have a huge impact.

It's amazing how many are actually seeing reality on this site since Thursday night.

It's amazing how many are actually seeing reality on this site since Thursday night.
I’m guessing a lot of folks are like me in that we knew he was old and declining, but we saw enough moments of lucidity to not really look too closely. Because i’m a moderate (fiscal conservative/socially liberal) I am never truly enamored with the candidates from either party anyway. Every vote feels a bit like the lesser of two evils.

But Thursday? That was next level bad. I figured he had lost a few steps, but that was miles worse than I expected. Thus the frustration and outrage. In my thirty year business career one adage has always rung true: under promise and over deliver.

This was the exact opposite. The damage control afterwards is pure gaslighting and it sucks.

I’m guessing a lot of folks are like me in that we knew he was old and declining, but we saw enough moments of lucidity to not really look too closely. Because i’m a moderate (fiscal conservative/socially liberal) I am never truly enamored with the candidates from either party anyway. Every vote feels a bit like the lesser of two evils.

But Thursday? That was next level bad. I figured he had lost a few steps, but that was miles worse than I expected. Thus the frustration and outrage. In my thirty year business career one adage has always rung true: under promise and over deliver.

This was the exact opposite. The damage control afterwards is pure gaslighting and it sucks.

The irony is that the Biden camp wanted a June debate to shake things up and to convince undecided independent voters to vote Democrat.

Well, they sure shook things up.

I haven’t been a fan of Biden for many reasons, but he had to really fvck up that debate to lose my vote. And he pretty much did. “Never underestimate Joe’s ability to fvck things up”, a wise man once said.

The only way to salvage my vote is to dump Harris and put somebody competent in her place. If not, I’ll vote third party.

I haven’t been a fan of Biden for many reasons, but he had to really fvck up that debate to lose my vote. And he pretty much did. “Never underestimate Joe’s ability to fvck things up”, a wise man once said.

The only way to salvage my vote is to dump Harris and put somebody competent in her place. If not, I’ll vote third party.

ranked choice voting needs to happen

I think a lot of independents, who are disgusted with the 2 candidates (and the 2 parties), simply don't vote. And that probably helps Trump

I think there is a lot of truth to this. I was thinking more about this topic this afternoon. Because of the mediocre reception to her historically, and the need for the margin that might come or go because of her, they really need to make a strong push on elevating her profile and likability.

IMO it is the folks who are waffling, and Im not sure how many folks that is. I do think that some @40+% will vote for Joe regardless. The Q is how many %age points can a pro-Harris campaign bring in?

And let trump keep talking. Biden campaign needs a full press on every stupid, devisive thing he says. I expect "Black Jobs" campaigns, ton of pro-women's health care and they need to do a ton of side by side on the Stats comparing 45 and 46. Every stupid thing becomes a stand alone campaign ad the following day.

The irony is that the Biden camp wanted a June debate to shake things up and to convince undecided independent voters to vote Democrat.

Well, they sure shook things up.

I also think once the dust settles, short American memories and the REAL threat will return to the forefront.

Reactions: gohawks50
It doesn't help but biden lost this on his own due to being a vegetable

I think there is a lot of truth to this. I was thinking more about this topic this afternoon. Because of the mediocre reception to her historically, and the need for the margin that might come or go because of her, they really need to make a strong push on elevating her profile and likability.

IMO it is the folks who are waffling, and Im not sure how many folks that is. I do think that some @40+% will vote for Joe regardless. The Q is how many %age points can a pro-Harris campaign bring in?

And let trump keep talking. Biden campaign needs a full press on every stupid, devisive thing he says. I expect "Black Jobs" campaigns, ton of pro-women's health care and they need to do a ton of side by side on the Stats comparing 45 and 46. Every stupid thing becomes a stand alone campaign ad the following day.

The Biden campaign was at Camp David over 7 days preparing for the debate. The talking points should have been easy. Destroying Trump on the debate stage should have been easy.

And when Trump said something stupid in the debate like "black jobs," Biden should have been prepared to pounce.

It was shocking how unprepared Biden looked. It makes you wonder how badly things went/looked during preparation at Camp David.

Reactions: funksouljon
The Biden campaign was at Camp David over 7 days preparing for the debate. The talking points should have been easy. Destroying Trump on the debate stage should have been easy.

And when Trump said something stupid in the debate like "black jobs," Biden should have been prepared to pounce.

It was shocking how unprepared Biden looked. It makes you wonder how badly things went/looked during preparation at Camp David.

Everything bold is why I think he simply doesn't have the decision processing to be the Pres.

It's hard to let go becuase he is admitting something very difficult about himself. He doesn't have it any more. And based on age, it means the flame is flickering it's last....

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT