ADVERTISEMENT

Warner just looks better

I’ve been a big critic of JWar. His first match that I saw him wrestle as a freshman he tech falled Willie Miklus and with the pedigree he had coming in, I figured the sky was the limit. Over the years, we’ve seen him lose it emotionally/mentally in big duals and often wrestle very passively. He has certainly been a gamer at the NCAA tourney however. This year he appears more offensive than in years past. It seems that his loss in the finals last year has motivated him to up his game and look to dominate every match. I love it, can’t wait till we get to watch a dual with Lee, Woods and Brands competing as well.

Agree. Warner, Abe and Max all really getting after it. Previously especially with Warner and Abe their wrestling looked like a struggle. Always seemed tired, low shot volume, hand fighting without shooting. It's like a block was removed. It's sooo much better to see guys pulling the trigger vs the snap and stand around they used to do.

Reactions: Gobblin
Three takedowns in an overtime match isn't that unusual. He just got outwrestled. Him and Tony both looked flat, maybe due to the long time on the road. Either way, we'll see as we get further in the season, maybe both guys have just passed their Iowa counterparts, we'll see.

Warner did not look good and Elam got the best of him, but I’m not jumping the gun. They just had a road trip to NY and then running down to Texas for this. Making no excuse, but he may have a bit worn down and that’s all it takes at this level.

I enjoy that you guys post as if they hooked up the oxen and took the ole conestoga across the country for these events.

These are well conditioned college athletes taking a couple of flights. They just got beat.

• Haha
Reactions: manatree and el dub
I enjoy that you guys post as if they hooked up the oxen and took the ole conestoga across the country for these events.

These are well conditioned college athletes taking a couple of flights. They just got beat.
I enjoy that you think you have any idea what you’re talking about, travel has impact on peak performance. I said nothing of the Cass match, he got beat, I also clearly stated that I’m making no excuses for Warner, he also got out wrestled. You continue to twist what people post to make it sound like you know something, which is getting very old. Here is an honest question Spooner, what was the top level of any sport you participated in? My guess is you never competed as an elite athlete and you pass judgement just on controversy not experience, very clear to see.

I enjoy that you think you have any idea what you’re talking about, travel has impact on peak performance. I said nothing of the Cass match, he got beat, I also clearly stated that I’m making no excuses for Warner, he also got out wrestled. You continue to twist what people post to make it sound like you know something, which is getting very old. Here is an honest question Spooner, what was the top level of any sport you participated in? My guess is you never competed as an elite athlete and you pass judgement just on controversy not experience, very clear to see.

I’m no more an elite athlete than those who are pointing to a couple of flights over a few days span as reason for the loss.

I told you guys Grip could do better.. That's called chain-schooling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT