ADVERTISEMENT

Watching “Morning How” now..3:30am local time (LA)…

UCLA telling Columbia....hold my beer.

Seems to have been a major COVID outbreak on the UCLA campus.

6751454a2e1db68cadc5b029be2c5c42

Reactions: noleclone2
From my days if protests as a youth, the problem lies not so much with students protesting but with where the protest leaders are coming from…I’m thinking most of the rung leaders are not students and have NO business on that campus.
My question… does UCLA have any pink Quonset huts on campus? ;)

From my days if protests as a youth, the problem lies not so much with students protesting but with where the protest leaders are coming from…I’m thinking most of the rung leaders are not students and have NO business on that campus.
I think the problem is some of these school administrators are waiting way too long to react. They let it get to the point where they HAVE to call in the police because it's out of control.

Barney Fife with words of wisdom.

Nip-it-in-the-bud.jpg

I think the problem is some of these school administrators are waiting way too long to react. They let it get to the point where they HAVE to call in the police because it's out of control.

Barney Fife with words of wisdom.

Nip-it-in-the-bud.jpg
Remember bins…when Barney said “Nip it” the network turned in its laugh track.. And people laughed.

Folks are gonna lose their jobs because there is no “right way” to react to this type of situation…I once had a school principal who told the faculty it was “through the Grace of God public schools got thru their daily routines without incident” because when a person decides not to behave appropriately, there really us nothing (legal) or without controversy another person can do to stop that behavior.
Think on that one for a bit..

Remember bins…when Barney said “Nip it” the network turned in its laugh track.. And people laughed.

Folks are gonna lose their jobs because there is no “right way” to react to this type of situation…I once had a school principal who told the faculty it was “through the Grace of God public schools got thru their daily routines without incident” because when a person decides not to behave appropriately, there really us nothing (legal) or without controversy another person can do to stop that behavior.
Think on that one for a bit..
So your argument is the administrators were powerless to stop this?

I beg to differ.

Handing out expulsions would have been an effective tool once the protests started crossing the line.

Rerun-when I worked cleaning up the dorms at Iowa during the late 70s, a janitor for Hillcrest showed me where a teargas canister had partially melted a floor tile in one of the rooms. He mentioned that the protest included a giant sling shot on the roof that was firing back at the cops. And one of the shortcuts out of Hillcrest was still christened the Ho Chi Minh Trail:)

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
So your argument is the administrators were powerless to stop this?

I beg to differ.

Handing out expulsions would have been an effective tool once the protests started crossing the line.

Who's the judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to the "crossing the line" comment you made? If it were you, that could be drastically different than someone without bias.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Ahh I remember the riots at Iowa State when I was in college. The cops lost control of the crowd and there was this back and forth all night long and ended up spraying tear gas. We were fighting against tyranny that day.

Honestly, idgaf about these protests whatever you call them. Such a weak look by the protesters. Why not get on a flight and go stand with the people of Gaza where they are at if you care that much.

Who's the judge, jury, and executioner when it comes to the "crossing the line" comment you made? If it were you, that could be drastically different than someone without bias.
Basically trespassing is the starting point. There are designated area's where protesters can peacefully protest.

Once the protesters break university rules in this regard they should start taking punitive actions to "nip it in the bud". If they don't it starts escalating from there. Because the protesters will keep pushing until the administration if forced to call in the cops to clean up the mess they helped create.

Pretty simple....stick to the rules, enforce the rules.

That was the case with the arrests that happened in Austin. The overwhelming majority of them were not students, or even Austin residents. These protests are not springing up organically across the country. They are planned events being used as trial runs for bigger disruptions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT