ADVERTISEMENT

We could have really used Wyatt Henson at 133lbs

HawkeyePA

HR All-State
Mar 27, 2012
Sammy's son Wyatt is listed in the top tech falls category nationally and is having a really strong season. Seems like he did really well for us wrestling unattached during his red-shirt season...I think they had him listed at 17 - 1 during that season. We could really use a steady performer at 133 lbs like Wyatt but I guess we cant keep them all? Without stirring up too much negativity, can you remind me why he left? I don't think we can blame this one on the Ferrari family.

Well he’s at 141. He was at 133 last year and was worse than Teske. He was always good on his feet and terrible on bottom. He also hasn’t had the toughest schedule this year so it’s not like he’s a lock to place. He left due to breaking team rules repeatedly.

Well he’s at 141. He was at 133 last year and was worse than Teske. He was always good on his feet and terrible on bottom. He also hasn’t had the toughest schedule this year so it’s not like he’s a lock to place. He left due to breaking team rules repeatedly.
that makes sense. The website had his record and his tech falls listed but had him listed at 133lbs so I remember him being here but then he was gone and there wasn't much put out for his reasons why. Thanks !

Sammy's son Wyatt is listed in the top tech falls category nationally and is having a really strong season. Seems like he did really well for us wrestling unattached during his red-shirt season...I think they had him listed at 17 - 1 during that season. We could really use a steady performer at 133 lbs like Wyatt but I guess we cant keep them all? Without stirring up too much negativity, can you remind me why he left? I don't think we can blame this one on the Ferrari family.
He left two days after Real Woods came in. You do the math on that one. He was always supposed to be a 141. He got to 133 last year, but the cut affected his performance.

Reactions: HawkeyeInKC
He was good not great during his redshirt year at Iowa. He was ok last year at Oklahoma. It’s entirely possible he grew up a bit and will be a very good to great wrestler. I just need to see it against some better guys first. Hope he does well except against Iowa.
What kind of rules?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT