ADVERTISEMENT

What are your odd habits, ticks, or idiosyncrasies

I have a weird habit of not closing door and drawers, leaving them open constantly about an inch or so.
I do that as well.

I'll chime in with something my fiance no pics does. Whenever she drinks something, whether it be a protein shake, gatorade, beer, mixed drink, etc, she ALWAYS leaves about 2 sips worth in it. Never completely finishes it. It drives me ****ing insane.

I can't watch anything w/o captions these days. Ugh.

Oh, and there's really nothing wrong with my hearing. I think it's just part of getting older.
I've overdone it in building my totally awesome sound system but have found that one advantage of having a great system, part of which we use for television sound, is that it makes it much easier to understand people. Even the Brits on PBS :)

I've overdone it in building my totally awesome sound system but have found that one advantage of having a great system, part of which we use for television sound, is that it makes it much easier to understand people. Even the Brits on PBS :)

Try watching the original version of Shameless,.. terribly hard to understand.

Reactions: h-hawk
I don't remember street names but if I have been somewhere before, I can almost always find my way there again. I guess that I associate visually-like a dog.

I also have one time coordination- can toss something at or into something the first time fairly regularly but cannot repeat it consistently...so I was not a basketball player:)

Reactions: mthawkeyes
Tick?

I blink more than normal.

Not like really bad but definitely more than normal. Have constant headaches and eye strain.

I also have one time coordination- can toss something at or into something the first time fairly regularly but cannot repeat it consistently...so I was not a basketball player:)

My wife cooks like this,.. First time it's fantastic, but never to be recreated.

Reactions: cfbfan23 and ping72
I have a pretty decent "old school" set-up. I'm running a 5.1 set of Polk Audio through a Sony receiver. I have the center channel set pretty high, but still deal with the music is too loud, only to turn it down and then when they start talking I have to turn it back up.

Really not an issue when no one is home and I just have it cranked, but for evening viewing with Mrs. Alaska those words are always on.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Titus Burgess GIF by NETFLIX

I just mailed a Canon sd1000 camera from the early 2000s to my daughter (she wanted a classic camera). When she got it, she sent me this message, "Only YOU would have all the original packaging, manuals, etc. LOVE U!"

canon_powershot_sd1000_1625454145_0adfc770_progressive.jpg
I had to ship a piece of equipment from work off for repair. I sent it back in its original box. Not one of the boxes from the half dozen units I have, but the one with the matching serial number on it.

I only set my thermostat at even numbers. House, car, whatever, the temp is even.
I won’t set the thermostat to 69, house or car. I skip it and go to 68 or 70. I think it’s mostly to avoid my kids laughing and saying “69!”.

I have had an itch, left lower shoulder blade, same exact spot for over 30 years.

I double check my pockets every time I get in the car. Money clip and phone.

Reactions: Sharky1203
I had to ship a piece of equipment from work off for repair. I sent it back in its original box. Not one of the boxes from the half dozen units I have, but the one with the matching serial number on it.

What's weird about this?,.. not seeing it.

Reactions: Sharky1203
I get told I tap my foot too much to music. I guess that really annoys some people. 🤷‍♂️
Im always bouncing my leg all the time, just because i have a hard time sitting still. I lay in bed or am on the couch with my feet up and i start moving my foot back and forth.

One time, i took some sativa gummies and was getting drowsy a bit later. I made a comment to my no-pic girlfriend about how i wanted to nap, and its weird since i didnt take a indica.

She just casually mentioned “well you have adhd, and they use stimulants on people with adhd to calm them down”

That one comment explained so damn much. All this time i thought 5 hour energy was crap because i was sleeping a half hour after taking some once

Reactions: ping72
Im always bouncing my leg all the time, just because i have a hard time sitting still. I lay in bed or am on the couch with my feet up and i start moving my foot back and forth.

One time, i took some sativa gummies and was getting drowsy a bit later. I made a comment to my no-pic girlfriend about how i wanted to nap, and its weird since i didnt take a indica.

She just casually mentioned “well you have adhd, and they use stimulants on people with adhd to calm them down”

That one comment explained so damn much. All this time i thought 5 hour energy was crap because i was sleeping a half hour after taking some once
Huh, I have much the same. I always thought it was just high metabolism. Guess I'm just adhd.

It pisses me off, my (no pics) GF lays down and out cold in seconds. I lay there twitching and can't turn my mind off. Ugh.

Apparently, according to my family, I have a weird habit of not closing door and drawers, leaving them open constantly about an inch or so.

I also cannot stand anything to be crooked or out of place. It was so bad on active duty, people would constantly jack with me, slightly moving stuff on my desk to see if/when I'd notice. Our senior civilian LOVED to tilt a picture in our conference room right before a staff meeting. I'd walk in, sit down and eventually see it during the meeting. One day I interrupted the Commander to get up and straighten it. He asked what I was doing, so I pointed to Kevin and said, "Ask him." My OCD was pretty well known.
I refuse to allow anything to stay on the coffee table. Nothing is permitted to reside there but for brief interludes.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Apparently, according to my family, I have a weird habit of not closing door and drawers, leaving them open constantly about an inch or so.

I also cannot stand anything to be crooked or out of place. It was so bad on active duty, people would constantly jack with me, slightly moving stuff on my desk to see if/when I'd notice. Our senior civilian LOVED to tilt a picture in our conference room right before a staff meeting. I'd walk in, sit down and eventually see it during the meeting. One day I interrupted the Commander to get up and straighten it. He asked what I was doing, so I pointed to Kevin and said, "Ask him." My OCD was pretty well known.
The no pics wife does that. How hard is it to push something a ****ing inch farther to close it.

I apparently have a habit of humming or whistling when I’m in a good mood. Or I’ll hum when I’m eating something that tastes delicious.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Huh, I have much the same. I always thought it was just high metabolism. Guess I'm just adhd.

It pisses me off, my (no pics) GF lays down and out cold in seconds. I lay there twitching and can't turn my mind off. Ugh.
Actually, when i go to bed….i am out within 10 mins. But i dont have a tv in my bedroom and i try not to scroll on my phone while i am laying in bed. If i wake up in the middle of the night, more often than not it takes me at least an hour to get back to sleep tho

The no pics wife does that. How hard is it to push something a ****ing inch farther to close it.

I apparently have a habit of humming or whistling when I’m in a good mood. Or I’ll hum when I’m eating something that tastes delicious.
This for my wife also.
Plastic grocery bags. We have a special bag to hold them for future use that is full.
Holds about 50. Wife puts the others on a shelf next to the full bag. HOW MANY DO WE NEED!!!!!
I throw them away.
She sets the thermostat at 68 in the winter. She wears bra, top and then a hooded sweatshirt.
I'm freezing my ass off with a T shirt and flannel shirt. She says "put a sweater on"
I'll stop ranting now.

Reactions: cfbfan23
Actually, when i go to bed….i am out within 10 mins. But i dont have a tv in my bedroom and i try not to scroll on my phone while i am laying in bed. If i wake up in the middle of the night, more often than not it takes me at least an hour to get back to sleep tho
I've had the damn problem long before any cell phone and TV in room. which I don't have in my room. It's been for as long as I remember. Falling asleep is a battle.

I have a strong aversion/repulsion to any pattern of small holes and especially if there are little seeds or whatnot in 'em. Think of something like a lotus seed pod. Hurl.

So I finally found out last week others apparently do too and it's called trypophobia. Not medically recognized I guess but it's plenty real to me.

I suffer in silence no more.

I have size 14 feet and ran and played basketball a lot from middle school well into my 50’s. For whatever reason, I would lose my big toenails frequently. They would turn black and fall off and new ones would be coming in. In college my roommate suggested I keep them in an empty fishbowl, so my collection began. Got married at 30 and my wife said the collection had to go. I also dipped Cope for years and one time my MIL took a swig out of a Coke bottle I was using as a temporary spitter. She was notorious for drinking out of anyone’s glass.

I have light switches in kitchen you can control from 2 spots. They absolutely have to be “synched’.
Yes, and the primary one should really only be the one used. At the end of the day, they
must be down to be off. If not, I will go out of my way to adjust them to be correct.

I also count stairs as I go up them and similar to what others have said, I am very particular for what numbers are allowed to be the right volume for the tv or the car stereo.

• Love
Reactions: Hendy hawk and HROT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT