ADVERTISEMENT

What Ever Happened To Omaha Biliew?

Ronman

HR Legend
Jan 4, 2004
Planet Iowa
Both Iowa and Iowa State fans put so many expectations on this kid and I truly felt bad when he chose the Clowns, but what has he done this season? Has he been injured? I see that he's played in 16 of their games, but his stats are very underwhelming for a 5 star recruit. What's the story?

He’ll be ok, he’s not ready yet…. Although my experience with message boards tells me their fans are over there right now. Questioning the coaches decision on why he’s not playing….

That’s definitely what would be happening here…

You know, dumb coaches, never play the right guys.

Ps…. I watch them play quite a bit, they are pretty good, and he has had flashes. I don’t think his defense and spacing is quite up to snuff as the other guys…

It’s funny, really, for those who have watched Iowa State play. Their defense is insane, and they are a legitimate threat to go a long way in the tournament, but their offense is brutal. I watched a game where I swear to God neither team scored for five minutes they were missing layup after layup after layup….

Proving, of course, winning is what matters , those guys that follow our football team, who continually complain about the offense… It’s all about the wins baby because watching Iowa State men’s basketball offense is a challenge, but I know there are a whole Lotta people people over here that wish we were them.

Last edited:
5 star athleticism, but skills not as developed. Buried on the bench behind 3 24-year old 5th year seniors. He was getting scrub minutes early in the season, but meaningful first half minutes in a couple of recent games.

He’ll be ok, he’s not ready yet…. Although my experience with message boards tells me their fans are over there right now. Questioning the coaches decision on why he’s not playing….

If they weren’t a half game out of first place in the conference that would be exactly what they would be doing, as some were doing so in the non-conf games. Hard to gripe the coaches with the results they are getting and depth they have.

If they weren’t a half game out of first place in the conference that would be exactly what they would be doing, as some were doing so in the non-conf games. Hard to gripe the coaches with the results they are getting and depth they have.

Fans are dumb, and I don’t me some, I mean most.

The coaches always play the wrong guys…right @Ronman 😂

“Ps…. I watch them play quite a bit, they are pretty good, and he has had flashes. I don’t think his defense and spacing is quite up to snuff as the other guys…”

Sounds like he’d be perfect to play for Iowa! Fran is an offensive genius and doesn’t care about defense. He’d get coached up.

Yes and they be using all the catch phrases, like “big” upside, needs minutes, can’t get better on the bench….

You know all the things smart message board coaches say.

“Ps…. I watch them play quite a bit, they are pretty good, and he has had flashes. I don’t think his defense and spacing is quite up to snuff as the other guys…”

Sounds like he’d be perfect to play for Iowa! Fran is an offensive genius and doesn’t care about defense. He’d get coached up.

LOL yes

Reactions: Mohawkeye
5 star athleticism, but skills not as developed. Buried on the bench behind 3 24-year old 5th year seniors. He was getting scrub minutes early in the season, but meaningful first half minutes in a couple of recent games.
I expect he might crack the lineup next year.

Reactions: littlez

Ps…. I watch them play quite a bit, they are pretty good, and he has had flashes. I don’t think his defense and spacing is quite up to snuff as the other guys…

It’s funny, really, for those who have watched Iowa State play. Their defense is insane, and they are a legitimate threat to go a long way in the tournament, but their offense is brutal. I watched a game where I swear to God neither team scored for five minutes they were missing layup after layup after layup….

Proving, of course, winning is what matters , those guys that follow our football team, who continually complain about the offense… It’s all about the wins baby because watching Iowa State men’s basketball offense is a challenge, but I know there are a whole Lotta people people over here that wish we were them.
I think they could make at least a S16 run but, yes, their O is like our D at times.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I think they could make at least a S16 run but, yes, their O is like our D at times.

Yes & no, they do get hot at times…our defense always sucks. We couldn’t guard a fireplace if we were changed to it…

And they honestly are bricklayers….😛But We don’t teach & put any effort into defense.

They try on offense, they just suck at it throughout many stretches in their games, but they grind teams down so hard, they can’t make layups either. 😊

Reactions: littlez

Jeebus, OP was just asking the deal on why a 5 star recruit wasn’t lighting it up (nothing more) aa d you hijack the thread and repeat your obsession with bitching about bitchers. Get some therapy.

How come Fran wasn't able to transform his own kids into offensive stars?

Fran has a system that gives good offensive players lots of looks---he's usually got the highest scoring offense in B1G. The player still has to be able to make shots. Fran plays guys that score a lot regardless of how bad their defense---that's why we have Krikke.

How come Fran wasn't able to transform his own kids into offensive stars?

Fran has a system that gives good offensive players lots of looks---he's usually got the highest scoring offense in B1G. The player still has to be able to make shots. Fran plays guys that score a lot regardless of how bad their defense---that's why we have Krikke.
My post was tongue-in-cheek. But my understanding is that Fran left teaching the boys basketball to Margaret.

Well sure. And we’ve seen more of him on the floor too and it’s just obvious he is not ready to play at this level.

I said as much….I watch ISU play quite a bit. I like their team and their style. Reminds me of watching the Iowa football team ….😛

I said as much….I watch ISU play quite a bit. I like their team and their style. Reminds me of watching the Iowa football team ….😛

Iowa State’s offensive efficiency is 41st in the country according to Torvik and 48th according to KenPom. It’s significantly better than prior years.

Iowa State’s offensive efficiency is 41st in the country according to Torvik and 48th according to KenPom. It’s significantly better than prior years.

Um, ok, I guess….I said I watch them, I said I like them, I said they’ll likely go a long ways.

I also said they are brutal to watch on offense through stretches and that is also true….

So, why are you telling me this…

Both Iowa and Iowa State fans put so many expectations on this kid and I truly felt bad when he chose the Clowns, but what has he done this season? Has he been injured? I see that he's played in 16 of their games, but his stats are very underwhelming for a 5 star recruit. What's the story?
In case you haven’t noticed, Iowa State has a whole bunch of REALLY good basketballers. I bet he’s figuring it out. Imagine… a “5 star” recruit not playing and starring as a frosh.

Jeebus, OP was just asking the deal on why a 5 star recruit wasn’t lighting it up (nothing more) aa d you hijack the thread and repeat your obsession with bitching about bitchers. Get some therapy.
Can't blame cmhawks99. He has so many blind spots when it comes to Hawkeye sports that he ought to be required to carry a white cane when he posts.

Reactions: shudaddy
This is all hypothetical until a reputable source reports this, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he transferred. Should have been an instant impact player from everything the recruiters at many schools, recruiting services, and probably all of his family and friends were telling him. But if he couldn’t pick up the way that ISU plays defense then he wasn’t going to get PT under their coach, and I don’t blame the coach for the limited minutes considering the results this year. I could see him unhappy with his choice.

Would he transfer to a play for a coach that doesn’t care about defense? I’d guess he lost his shot at most of the blue bloods after his showing this year.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Regarding ISU basketball - do they ever have the same guy on their roster 2 years in a row? I’m half joking but it seems like they’ve always turned over a lot of rocks over the years to put their team together. Not saying that’s a bad thing but Iowas players seem to stay. Maybe with a lot of the guys Fran gets- might be a bad formula…….

Lots of physical tools. But overhyped. He was almost always more physically mature than his competition coming the camp circuit. Similar to Xavier Foster you hit a ceiling of what your talents can do alone. Still can be a decent player but will need to raise the desire up several notches.

Lots of physical tools. But overhyped. He was almost always more physically mature than his competition coming the camp circuit. Similar to Xavier Foster you hit a ceiling of what your talents can do alone. Still can be a decent player but will need to raise the desire up several notches.
looking at our current roster, I would definitely take a chance on him....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT