ADVERTISEMENT

What Ever Happened To Omaha Biliew?

Lots of physical tools. But overhyped. He was almost always more physically mature than his competition coming the camp circuit. Similar to Xavier Foster you hit a ceiling of what your talents can do alone. Still can be a decent player but will need to raise the desire up several notches.

I’m not questioning ISU’s formula for success, but it’s kind of odd that there are now 2 five star recruits from Iowa that went there, got minimal playing time and ended up transferring.

I’m not questioning ISU’s formula for success, but it’s kind of odd that there are now 2 five star recruits from Iowa that went there, got minimal playing time and ended up transferring.
Both of them were overhyped. If you watched much of them play in High School. You could see how they lacked an interest in putting forth effort at times. They’d get points and rebounds simply being bigger and more athletically gifted. Once they started going up against individuals of similar size. They struggled. Don’t think Xavier has played much for SMU.
It really doesn’t have anything to do with the coaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: shudaddy
Both of them were overhyped. If you watched much of them play in High School. You could see how they lacked an interest in putting forth effort at times. They’d get points and rebounds simply being bigger and more athletically gifted. Once they started going up against individuals of similar size. They struggled. Don’t think Xavier had played much at all for SMU.
Same recruiting services that rated Connor and Patrick 4 stars and didn't rank the Murrays bros.

Highschool recruiting rankings just aren't that important.

Iowa recruited both.
Foster is a no-talent or at least completely non-driven (which is ok).
Jury still out on Omaha but definitely didn’t look ready when he did play.
I like his chances to be OK but he was a ways off and programs can’t wait these days.

Reactions: skydog0784
Same recruiting services that rated Connor and Patrick 4 stars and didn't rank the Murrays bros.

Highschool recruiting rankings just aren't that important.
Even more, now, when the best teams have grown men playing. Hopefully the Covid year disappearing will help.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Didn’t really get to see much from OB this year. He obviously has some impressive physical tools, but he often fumbled away a lot of rebounds and passes that should have been converted to buckets.

As a Cyclone fan, it is difficult to accept that a kid who played on a national team couldn’t contribute on a high level team this year. But he couldn’t break into the lineup and beat out the experienced seniors playing ahead of him.

Will he get his head and body in the same place so he can contribute some place? TBD

Can you say Kris Tadjo, not even a 5 star, all you Iowa fans out there touting this kid as the next coming of Charles Barkley....his offense is questionable at best. Hope he's better then I or most of you think. Have my doubts till I see him play at Iowa...

Both of them were overhyped. If you watched much of them play in High School. You could see how they lacked an interest in putting forth effort at times. They’d get points and rebounds simply being bigger and more athletically gifted. Once they started going up against individuals of similar size. They struggled. Don’t think Xavier has played much for SMU.
Apparently he only played in 4 games for SMU. Did he get injured ?

Apparently he only played in 4 games for SMU. Did he get injured ?

Nope. Just not good.

Going to West Virginia?

Just my opinion but I think that would be a mistake. I think he needs to move to a Valley team or something and get tons of playing time. He can always transfer back up after putting up 15/8 in a few years and get a huge payday.

All of this does make me rethink recruiting entirely. Also had Paveletzke, Fish, and Hamilton transfer. I think all 4 will be solid players. ISU would have kept them all if they wanted to stay. But guys don't want to sit on the bench for years. If you're a 3 star recruit it almost makes more sense to go to a mid major, put up huge numbers, then get a payday from KU or something.

Can you say Kris Tadjo, not even a 5 star, all you Iowa fans out there touting this kid as the next coming of Charles Barkley....his offense is questionable at best. Hope he's better then I or most of you think. Have my doubts till I see him play at Iowa...
Kind of like you thinking Harding is the next Isaih Thomas. Or Mulvey the next Kareem? What happened to your optimistic viewpoints? You just flipped a switch to your pessimistic side?

Reactions: littlez
So I was clearly wrong about the guy, at least to this point. Credit to TJ for not kissing ass and playing the best players. There's a lot going on here. Yes, he was playing behind a bunch of grown men at his position. However, Momcilovich ( sp) was also his same position and moved into the starting lineup. Omaha has also been at what, 5 schools in 6 years? That's just pure insanity. Also shows when things get tough or he or his handlers don't like things they just move along. If it's W VA I'm also going to believe DeVries isn't going to put up a bunch of nonsense either.

Reactions: GHawk
Kind of like you thinking Harding is the next Isaih Thomas. Or Mulvey the next Kareem? What happened to your optimistic viewpoints? You just flipped a switch to your pessimistic side?
Yep, so true. According to QC Harding was risen from the dead yesterday to revive the Hawks and take us to new heights along w/Mulvey and he's questioning Tadjo?

Harding is going to be Harding, Mulvey is going to be Mulvey to think otherwise is your opinion.
I just want to see Kris play first, I have no idea what Canadian basketball is like, do you? His highlight video only shows him dunking, we already have a player that played around the basket. He's obviously very athletic, I'm not saying he can't be a valuable player for Iowa, knowing how Fran works, I have my doubts that Kris will see much action next year because his offensive skills may not be up to Fran's level of consistency. I highly doubt Kris will be inserted as a starter at the beginning of the season, but then again Kris may show enough during summer practice to move the needle. We'll see. won't we....
I just can't wait until next season when you have to watch Brock and Riley play extended minutes, better have your blood pressure pills handy and if I'm wrong, hope Fran can work the portal better then he has in the past because it's going to cost him dearly to find players that will take their minutes away from them. Again the clock is ticking, 7 months and counting.

Harding is going to be Harding, Mulvey is going to be Mulvey to think otherwise is your opinion.
I just want to see Kris play first, I have no idea what Canadian basketball is like, do you? His highlight video only shows him dunking, we already have a player that played around the basket. He's obviously very athletic, I'm not saying he can't be a valuable player for Iowa, knowing how Fran works, I have my doubts that Kris will see much action next year because his offensive skills may not be up to Fran's level of consistency. I highly doubt Kris will be inserted as a starter at the beginning of the season, but then again Kris may show enough during summer practice to move the needle. We'll see. won't we....
I just can't wait until next season when you have to watch Brock and Riley play extended minutes, better have your blood pressure pills handy and if I'm wrong, hope Fran can work the portal better then he has in the past because it's going to cost him dearly to find players that will take their minutes away from them. Again the clock is ticking, 7 months and counting.
You actually still think Mulvey is going to get minutes don’t you?

25 Canadians currently in the NBA. I'd say a pretty good list.

https://basketball.realgm.com/national/teams/23/Canada/nba_players

Next years starting 5:

PG Dix
SG Pr. Sandafort
SF Pa. Sandafort
PF/C Freeman
PF Dembele

Disclaimer: Fran get's a stud guard in portal & Pryce comes off the bench.

Off the bench:

Harding
Tradjo
Koch
Mulvey (in mop up)

Disclaimer: Fran get's a stud big man in the portal & Mulvey transfer's to Sienna.

Why not Iowa? Didn’t he play with Payton Sandford?
He’s been to 5 schools in 6 years. Our admin and Fran seem to frown upon that and honestly I’m ok with that. Transfer a time or 2 that’s life. 4 or 5 high schools in 4 years? I think he’s getting bad advice. We were never really in the running at the end and I think they had their hands out. Wonder how much Omaha got in NIl to play 2 minutes a game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT