ADVERTISEMENT

What I learned about Republicans

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
I have to admit this forum is a lot different than what I am used to. This site has shown me Republicans tend to resort to whataboutisms, name calling, “both sides”, and basically not listening to facts and living in their own world. I guess I pretty much knew this already but it is nice to see it in action and confirmed.

I have to admit this forum is a lot different than what I am used to. This site has shown me Republicans tend to resort to whataboutisms, name calling, “both sides”, and basically not listening to facts and living in their own world. I guess I pretty much knew this already but it is nice to see it in action and confirmed.

Oh, yeah... and the lefties are so honest and honorable in their debate tactics. :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah... and the lefties are so honest and honorable in their debate tactics. :rolleyes:

Oh, so you noticed?

On a serious note, and this is where I'm at, how many cons and libs would be in favor of doing some serious house cleaning and trying to find out who's corrupt, regardless of party, and send them all packing?

Yes, I know, the Hill would be a ghost town, but seriously. What would happen if we all agreed to that? To me, there's little point in debating Trump's corruption. Anyone with a modicum of common sense knows he is.

But why should we stop with Trump? Let's do some serious house cleaning. Seriously.

nw4xe84tdqyi15keub0uwxztffaoccnszvdoxhu2cqq8yljicsirx8dw3u4emz1y.jpg

Oh, so you noticed?

On a serious note, and this is where I'm at, how many cons and libs would be in favor of doing some serious house cleaning and trying to find out who's corrupt, regardless of party, and send them all packing?

Yes, I know, the Hill would be a ghost town, but seriously. What would happen if we all agreed to that? To me, there's little point in debating Trump's corruption. Anyone with a modicum of common sense knows he is.

But why should we stop with Trump? Let's do some serious house cleaning. Seriously.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!

Don't take anything in this forum and try to translate it to any real meaning in the real world. You can't learn anything about Republicans or Democrats here.

I like to think that is board isn't actually representative of politically active Republicans and certainly not all Republicans.

A mixture of anonymous handles and the internet being a "safe space" for alt right followers and you wind up with posters/content that doesn't accurately reflect upon all Republicans.

Granted, we do have a lot of MAGA/deplorables.

Where is the forum that you are used to where Republicans don't do that? Is it a forum where only Democrats do that sort of thing? Or is it a Unicorn forum where everyone is reasonable?

Reactions: naturalmwa
OP, as a middle moderate not affiliated with Democrats or Republicans, I can honestly say you've described both political parties.

Reactions: isufan21
Oh, so you noticed?

I've said for a few years I don't trust Pelosi any further than I can throw her. She's part of the problem.

I like to think that is board isn't actually representative of politically active Republicans and certainly not all Republicans.

A mixture of anonymous handles and the internet being a "safe space" for alt right followers and you wind up with posters/content that doesn't accurately reflect upon all Republicans.

If you want to see the mentality of Republicans, and I've said this before, go to The Main Board on Rivals. 90% of that board are basically Trad X 10. The lefties on there have basically given up trying to discuss anything with them. Seriously, spend a few minutes going through any political thread and you will start feeling sick about this country in about 3 minutes.

Off the internet polls suggests the MAGA president receives 88% approval from Republicans.

There are Republicans who arn't like that, they would be the never Trumpers. And they where not strong enough in number/votes to stop him from winning. And they are not even strong enough in numbers to mount a serious primary challenge to him now.

It's a massive problem with the party and it's a problem that I wish wasn't there, because as I have said many times. There are several issues that I agree with Republicans on. In any European country I would be considered center right.

But Trump has completely taken over that party. Things that Republicans used to believe in like free trade they suddenly don't believe in anymore. And the politicians that they elect have not been willing to stand up to him. Not on the issues that they claim to disagree with him on and not when he endangers our system.

Off the internet polls suggests the MAGA president receives 88% approval from Republicans.

There are Republicans who arn't like that, they would be the never Trumpers. And they where not strong enough in number/votes to stop him from winning. And they are not even strong enough in numbers to mount a serious primary challenge to him now.

It's a massive problem with the party and it's a problem that I wish wasn't there, because as I have said many times. There are several issues that I agree with Republicans on. In any European country I would be considered center right.

But Trump has completely taken over that party. Things that Republicans used to believe in like free trade they suddenly don't believe in anymore. And the politicians that they elect have not been willing to stand up to him. Not on the issues that they claim to disagree with him on and not when he endangers our system.

Yes, his approval rating among Republicans is difficult to reconcile. It's possible that there are former Republicans who no longer identify that way, so they are no longer included in the population. Then there's the millions of people who barely follow politics, maybe don't even vote in midterms, but identify as Republicans for some reason or another and default to approve for the R.

I realize there's lots of deplorables out there, and Trump's followers and his MAGA cult is disappointingly strong, but I'm not sure it is as bad as what this board would lead you to believe.

Oh, so you noticed?

Actually this could happen by impeaching Trump. Dude will go nuts and scorched earth and release everything on everybody.

Hoping for a guided tour of Area 51.

Yep, the Republicans are in a tough spot. They need the deplorables, racists, bigots and alt righters in order to win, but they're all shrinking demographics and Trump's popularity among those groups makes it really difficult for them to do the right thing.

Actually this could happen by impeaching Trump. Dude will go nuts and scorched earth and release everything on everybody.

Hoping for a guided tour of Area 51.
I have opined from the moment trump won 2016 that he very well might just drain the swamp, just not as he may have intended.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yes, his approval rating among Republicans is difficult to reconcile. It's possible that there are former Republicans who no longer identify that way, so they are no longer included in the population. Then there's the millions of people who barely follow politics, maybe don't even vote in midterms, but identify as Republicans for some reason or another and default to approve for the R.

I realize there's lots of deplorables out there, and Trump's followers and his MAGA cult is disappointingly strong, but I'm not sure it is as bad as what this board would lead you to believe.

All that is possible. It's also possible that the Republicans inherited some nuts and people who just want to burn everything to the ground for the giggles of it from people who where never a part of a party before.

The problem is that even if you figure all of those factors in and where extremely generous about the sizes of those group you are still looking at a bare minimum of 60% of the pre-Trump Republicans falling in behind him.

Lets also not forget that Trump's rhetoric and style is very similar to what's been on right wing radio for a decade or more. The success of right wing radio also didn't come out of no where.

The difference is that prior to now the Republicans always seemed to be mature enough to find leaders who where at the very least more diplomatic but also more experienced and smarter.

Seems like with the Tea Party they just started saying "screw it" and started going with people who didn't have those qualities. It started with congressmen and senators but eventually in 2016 it went all the way to the top of the ballot.

My guess is there is a lot of Dems with dirt in the closet also nervous.

Washington is a country club.
What would be the connection to the multiple investigations swirling that involve Trump?

Your post is just another futile attempt at diverting attention away from a corrupt WH.

At this point, I think it's safe to say that the experiment with a political novice as President has been nothing short of a complete disaster.

What would be the connection to the multiple investigations swirling that involve Trump?

Your post is just another futile attempt at diverting attention away from a corrupt WH.

At this point, I think it's safe to say that the experiment with a political novice as President has been nothing short of a complete disaster.
Take a few steps back.

I don’t expect Trump to go quietly if he goes. My guess is as President he knows a lot of slimy things about a lot of people on a wide range of topics. Why wouldn’t he just start releasing stuff on anybody and everybody?

We have seen some DNC emails. Based on those I am pretty sure neither party is wearing white.

Take a few steps back.

I don’t expect Trump to go quietly if he goes. My guess is as President he knows a lot of slimy things about a lot of people on a wide range of topics. Why wouldn’t he just start releasing stuff on anybody and everybody?

We have seen some DNC emails. Based on those I am pretty sure neither party is wearing white.
Trump has too many bad deeds to defend.

As a Dem, I absolutely want Trump on the ballot in 2020. The collateral damage to the GOP will be enormous.

But what I really hope happens is that we finally see Republican legislators choose between right and wrong.

You know... Country before Party.

Trump has too many bad deeds to defend.

As a Dem, I absolutely want Trump on the ballot in 2020. The collateral damage to the GOP will be enormous.

But what I really hope happens is that we finally see Republican legislators choose between right and wrong.

You know... Country before Party.
Damage will be short term.

People will soon forget trump when faced with massive tax increases. If the Dems want their promises to become law it doesn’t take a PhD to use a calculator to realize we are talking about doubling or tripling tax rates for everybody.

Yang’s universal income would quadruple mine on way or another.

Forgiving loans would take 10 years of a wealth tax to even pay off today’s loans.

Free college? $77 billion a year

Slavery reparations? $5 trillion to $17 trillion.

Remember, 10 years of collecting a wealth tax will just be long enough to forgive student loans. Will not even be enough to pay off the loans taken out after today.

There isn’t enough rich people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedway1
Damage will be short term.

People will soon forget trump when faced with massive tax increases. If the Dems want their promises to become law it doesn’t take a PhD to use a calculator to realize we are talking about doubling or tripling tax rates for everybody.

Yang’s universal income would quadruple mine on way or another.

Forgiving loans would take 10 years of a wealth tax to even pay off today’s loans.

Free college? $77 billion a year

Slavery reparations? $5 trillion to $17 trillion.

Remember, 10 years of collecting a wealth tax will just be long enough to forgive student loans.

There isn’t enough rich people.
God damn it! Can you stop changing the conversation and stay on subject?

Just once?

God damn it! Can you stop changing the conversation and stay on subject?

Just once?
You said long term damaged. I have a detailed reason why there wouldn’t be.

I guess I could just have said.

“No”

Oh, so you noticed?

What are you thinking? Some sort of Mueller investigation of every member?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT