ADVERTISEMENT

What is your national heritage? Where did your ancestors come from?

My Dad’s grandma came over here from Czech around 1900 or shortly after. That side is solidly Czech.

My mom (no pic) was adopted so we don’t know her side but her DNA is 42% Scandinavian with some other European.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
rfl_23417.jpg

England. Pretty much all of them.

Last year my sister (no pics) did the Ancestry DNA test and it came back something like 90% from England. I think the other 10% was like Ireland, Scotland, etc.

I was disappointed that there wasn't anything more interesting mixed in there. So, I can't claim to be 1/2048 Native American, have distant African relatives, or even anything from the Eastern side of Europe.

Iowa and Florida

Before that, Wales and Austria.

My Pocahontas story is that someone way back in my mother's family was a Hapsburg of the Austro-Hungarian Empire Hapsburgs. Who knows? Who cares?

One of these days, just for a lark, I may do a reputable DNA assessment. I'll be hoping for a lot of Neanderthal DNA. Because that would just be fun to learn.

England. Pretty much all of them.

Last year my sister (no pics) did the Ancestry DNA test and it came back something like 90% from England. I think the other 10% was like Ireland, Scotland, etc.

I was disappointed that there wasn't anything more interesting mixed in there. So, I can't claim to be 1/2048 Native American, have distant African relatives, or even anything from the Eastern side of Europe.
I know what you mean. "I'm as white bread as you can get" is a lousy pickup line.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
One of my Grandfather's was from Canada but we don't know where they came from before then.

The rest of us were just a bunch of poor people and have no clue where we came from past North Carolina. lol

One of these days I'd love to have the time to invest in properly tracking it back through one of those genealogy sites. But right now that's no option.

Paternal Grandfather: Germany
Paternal Grandmother: Belgium

Maternal Grandfather: Germany I think
Maternal Grandmother: England

Interesting side note, I accidentally named my eldest child after my 3x Great Grandfather along the male line. I didn't find out until afterwards.

Mostly German if the details are accurate.

Everyone in my family is well built (not fat), blonde and has either blue or green eyes, so it makes sense.

Oh, and I've had several students tell me I look like various Nazis from war movies. So there's that, I guess.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT