ADVERTISEMENT

What true freshman will play this year...?

With the new redshirt ruling allowing participation in up to and including 4 games, I think we'll see quite a few more true freshmen get a shot, at least in garbage time.

All listed in order of importance/likelihood:

Impact players, burning RS:
One of Craddieth/Brents/Johnson will win a starting corner role
Tracy

Significant contributors (meaningful playing time) without burning RS:
Nixon - If and only if his special case is included in the 4 game allowance for his required RS year
Other one or two of Craddieth/Brents/Johnson
Geil - We seem to always need a #4 back at some point in the season
Linderbaum
Ragaini
Doyle
Jenkins

I have been thinking and that’s dangerous in itself.. but all seriousness I am thinking the following true frosh will play meaningful minutes are the following

McDonald
Waggoner
Tracy
Craddieth
MAYBE EVANS
As stated, with the new rules it will be hard to say who might play a few games either early, or late in the year in a bowl game. Waggoner probably wouldn't have played at all with our depth at DE, but its possible now. I would expect to see Craddieth and at least one other DB, Geil, Evans, Tracy, Doyle, McDonald, and several other of the LB types both scholly and walk ons on special teams anyway.

With the new redshirt ruling allowing participation in up to and including 4 games, I think we'll see quite a few more true freshmen get a shot, at least in garbage time.

All listed in order of importance/likelihood:

Impact players, burning RS:
One of Craddieth/Brents/Johnson will win a starting corner role
Tracy

Significant contributors (meaningful playing time) without burning RS:
Nixon - If and only if his special case is included in the 4 game allowance for his required RS year
Other one or two of Craddieth/Brents/Johnson
Geil - We seem to always need a #4 back at some point in the season
Linderbaum
Ragaini
Doyle
Jenkins
Interesting. I would pick Robert's as the sleeper at corner.

Hell, if we can build a nice lead on any/all of our OOC opponents, let them all play for a couple of series. That might help show the kids what they need to work on once they get into the film room. Real game situations and game speed is a lot better than regular practice to see how their technique is coming along.

Save that 4th game for a real need. Stop at 4 if at all possible.

If they earn the playing time over the veterans, then burn the RS.

How does the 4 game max work again? Are there restrictions like it has to be the first 4 games of the year or the last 4 games....for some reason I thought I read it like that.

Hopefully it’s any game/games with the limit of course being 4.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT