ADVERTISEMENT

Whats on the Menu this Weekend, Folks?

Goddammit I hate you but nice work here.
200.gif

I made these crushed pepper flakes out of some home grown dried ceyenne peppers. Great flavor with half the bullshit heat that come with storebought pepper flakes. 10/10 will be making more.

QDWXlKf.jpeg

Krgu8qM.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: The Tradition
Yesterday I made a Smoked Turkey and Hatch Green Pepper Chili from the remnants of a free range Spanish Black turkey I smoked in a combo of cherry, apple, hickory and pecan wood earlier in the week. It made about 2 gallons so I froze some for the future.

Today I grabbed the four new ghostbusters themed donuts from Krispy Kreme to split with my wife for breakfast.

Today for lunch since it was a beautiful day and the start of Stone Crab season we drove down to the Coast (about an hour away) and ate at a Raw and Steam Bar called Lynn’s Quality Oysters in Eastpoint Florida. My wife and I split some steamed stone crab claws and local pink hopper shrimp as well as a dozen raw oysters and a dozen oysters prepared Rockefeller style as well as baked with cheddar, mozzarella, hot sauce and a pickled jalapeño.

For dinner tonight we are going to a local brewery called Amicus as they celebrate their anniversary. So we’re having some local craft brews and catered bbq.

Tomorrow I’ll be cooking oyster stew for dinner with a pint of shucked local oysters I picked up from the raw bar (it also has a small retail seafood storefront). Lunch will probably be just a pizza or hot dog from a Costco run we need to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT