ADVERTISEMENT

What's the latest report on DeSanto? Is he done for the year?

Ok, but “can” and “should” are not a guarantee. I have no problem with laying out a possible path, and I’m sure yours was well thought-out, but making guarantees on how a team will perform “if” a single guy meets a particular benchmark seems weird. So many crazy things happen at Nationals . . . it will never be about one guy.
I am not sure you understand how someone's "opinion" couples with a "guarantee".

Opinion-an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.

Guarantee-a promise that something will happen or be done.

I FIRMLY stand by my PROMISE=GUARANTEE that, if Alex score 20+ points, he WOULD galvanize the team and Iowa WOULD win NCAA's!

Disclaimer-Obviously this hinges on them not losing another starter due to injury. If Ayala, DeSanto, Eierman, Murin, Young, Marinelli, Kemerer, Assad, Warner and Cass wrestle at NCAA's, my guarantee stands.

Didn’t he invent the bagel?
That is just what the Jewish Lender Bagel family wants you to think! I mean they literally coined their marketing pitch "The Jewish English Muffin". But, it was really some Polish knucklehead that messed up on a pastry for the King of Poland about 500 years ago and it ended up having a hole in the middle of it.

Those super rich Jewish folks try to control everything. Just ask Mel Gibson! ;)

i don't know that the team race was decided w/ spencer. give me one reason why Drake can't be 3rd to 6th.

why can't kem win it all? why can't bull? why can't Warner outplace Dean? with DeSanto the race isn't close to over. without him, it's still interesting in the 2 thru 5 team tier. so yes, lots to talk about, and lots to be decided.
Iowa has a steep hill to climb without Lee and to think otherwise would be mildly delusional IMHO. The weights that Iowa out scored PSU by a large margin has seen PSU bring in improvements. Drake has looked good beating some low level AA, R12 types and losing 3Xs to a High AA. He’s not shown himself to b a bonus guy yet. Last year Iowa had a Hodge winner and PSU scored squat. This year Hildrebrand and Drake likely score similarly. JWar was a pretty big point scorer for Iowa last season, while PSU didn’t get much at 197. JWar will likely struggle to match Dean’s scoring output at Nationals. Kerk and Cass look much closer in terms of scoring than they did a season ago and they could b a coin flip. RBY, Lee, Star and Brooks could certainly struggle, but they are all ranked #1 for a reason. Upsets obviously happen each and every NCAA tournament and will this year as well, but a lot has to go Iowas way. In the end I think PSU wins by 15-20 points. Obviously I hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: MVPFAN
I am not sure you understand how someone's "opinion" couples with a "guarantee".

Opinion-an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.

Guarantee-a promise that something will happen or be done.

I FIRMLY stand by my PROMISE=GUARANTEE that, if Alex score 20+ points, he WOULD galvanize the team and Iowa WOULD win NCAA's!

Disclaimer-Obviously this hinges on them not losing another starter due to injury. If Ayala, DeSanto, Eierman, Murin, Young, Marinelli, Kemerer, Assad, Warner and Cass wrestle at NCAA's, my guarantee stands.
But my point is that your guarantee (or promise — whatever you want to call it) also hinges on them not losing another starter to losing. 0-2 or 1-2 bbq can and does happen to quality guys at Nationals.

Anyone else hope that TNT and Cael let it fly in the dual ? Man what an exciting match that could be full line up vs full line up. You could break it down 5-5 many ways or 6-4 either way. I’m sure that’s wishful thinking and it’ll be a “seed” protecting duck fest.

Iowa has a steep hill to climb without Lee and to think otherwise would be mildly delusional IMHO. The weights that Iowa out scored PSU by a large margin has seen PSU bring in improvements. Drake has looked good beating some low level AA, R12 types and losing 3Xs to a High AA. He’s not shown himself to b a bonus guy yet. Last year Iowa had a Hodge winner and PSU scored squat. This year Hildrebrand and Drake likely score similarly. JWar was a pretty big point scorer for Iowa last season, while PSU didn’t get much at 197. JWar will likely struggle to match Dean’s scoring output at Nationals. Kerk and Cass look much closer in terms of scoring than they did a season ago and they could b a coin flip. RBY, Lee, Star and Brooks could certainly struggle, but they are all ranked #1 for a reason. Upsets obviously happen each and every NCAA tournament and will this year as well, but a lot has to go Iowas way. In the end I think PSU wins by 15-20 points. Obviously I hope I’m wrong.
Bull also didn’t score points last year.

Anyone else hope that TNT and Cael let it fly in the dual ? Man what an exciting match that could be full line up vs full line up. You could break it down 5-5 many ways or 6-4 either way. I’m sure that’s wishful thinking and it’ll be a “seed” protecting duck fest.
I do not see either team ducking to protect seeds. I am close to 100% certain IOWA will not! Besides, who would they hold out? On the other side, the great Fale could duck a few guys but it would most likely cost them the dual.

Reactions: Kidwicked
But my point is that your guarantee (or promise — whatever you want to call it) also hinges on them not losing another starter to losing. 0-2 or 1-2 bbq can and does happen to quality guys at Nationals.
Holy shit dude drop it.

He can personally guarantee that if Bull scores 20+ points then that motivates the rest of our team to wrestle their hearts out and cause us to win the National Championship, and you can personally guarantee that even though Bull scores 20+ points, ole grandpa Kemerer will bust a hip first round of nationals and knock us out of the race anyways.

Neither of your personal guarantees mean diddly squat, shut up about it.

My dear Lord!!! All I wanted to do was come through here and get an update about Austin. Now I’m totally confused about Covid, WWII, bagels, Germans, Jewish people…… and Disney characters.

if my wife finds out that I actually pay to be on here, this will probably validate the last 26 years of her swearing I’m an idiot.

I said all that just to say, IS THERE ANY INFO ON THE WELL-BEING OF DESANTO? 😝

Holy shit dude drop it.

He can personally guarantee that if Bull scores 20+ points then that motivates the rest of our team to wrestle their hearts out and cause us to win the National Championship, and you can personally guarantee that even though Bull scores 20+ points, ole grandpa Kemerer will bust a hip first round of nationals and knock us out of the race anyways.

Neither of your personal guarantees mean diddly squat, shut up about it.
Relax, dude. I haven’t guaranteed anything.

My dear Lord!!! All I wanted to do was come through here and get an update about Austin. Now I’m totally confused about Covid, WWII, bagels, Germans, Jewish people…… and Disney characters.

if my wife finds out that I actually pay to be on here, this will probably validate the last 26 years of her swearing I’m an idiot.

Slushhead started it.

Bull also didn’t score points last year.
Unfortunately NCAAs has been his Achilles heal thus far. Typically, he’s a top seed and gets upset/injured. Likely won’t get a top seed this year and will have to run the gauntlet. He hasn’t been blowing the doors off guys this year like in years past. Hopefully, he is just wrestling conservative and trying to stay healthy for that March run.

This board is full of guys who think its appropriate to argue about every little thing. Thats probably why they are on this board so much—they’ve got nothing else to do! I posted before, the expectation is that ADS is returning this year. Don’t know whats wrong with him. Cullan wanted to wrestle.

I do not see either team ducking to protect seeds. I am close to 100% certain IOWA will not! Besides, who would they hold out? On the other side, the great Fale could duck a few guys but it would most likely cost them the dual.

Here’s how I got it … what’s yours look like ?

125: Ayala dec Hilderbrandt 6-3. + 3 iowa
133: RBY def ADS 5-1 + 3 PSU
141: Coin flip …. JE dec Lee 4-3 + 3 Iowa
149: Murin dec Bartlett 3-2 +3 Iowa
157: Berge dec Young 3-2. +3 PSU
165: Bull dec Edsell 10-3. +3 Iowa
174: Coin flip… Starocci dec Kem OT. +3 PSU
184: Brooks Maj Dec Assad 11-2. +4 PSU
197: Dean dec Warner 5-2 + 3 PSU
HWT: Cass dec Kerk 6-4 + 3 Iowa

PSU- 16 Iowa- 15

PSU- 16 Iowa- 15
Think you see Negron at 157 and Berge at 165.

Speaking of stupid.........

Albert Einstein was reported to have said that the difference between genius and stupidity is that genius is limited. :eek:
But it was not until 83 years later that the cesspool, relying on insights provided by Bluto, made yet another contribution to science by proving Einstein's theory. Give credit where credit is due.

PSU- 16 Iowa- 15

PSU- 16 Iowa- 15
Seeing it in writing, I am even more pumped about this meet than I was before.
So many matches that could easily go either way. Only real favorites are 157 and 165 for the Hawks and 184 for PSU.

125 - Tossup. I think Ayala gets it done 3-0
133 - slight edge RBY, especially if something is going on with DeSanto 3-3. Major if it is Schiever.
141 - Tossup. Edge to Lee, especially if Eierman has health/hand issues. 3-6
149 - Tossup. I think Max just has too much size and strength. 6-6
157 - Young dec 9-6
165 -Bull dec 12-6
174 - Tossup. I think Kem is better but have to give it to Star due to bad shoulder. 12-9
184 - Brooks dec. 12-12
197 - Tossup. Dean wins this one. Warner gets it done when it counts. 12-15
285 - Tossup. Tony gets it done. 15-15

Iowa wins on criteria. PSU wins if DeSanto can’t go.

Reactions: Trapper85

Seeing it in writing, I am even more pumped about this meet than I was before.
So many matches that could easily go either way. Only real favorites are 157 and 165 for the Hawks and 184 for PSU.

125 - Tossup. I think Ayala gets it done 3-0
133 - slight edge RBY, especially if something is going on with DeSanto 3-3. Major if it is Schiever.
141 - Tossup. Edge to Lee, especially if Eierman has health/hand issues. 3-6
149 - Tossup. I think Max just has too much size and strength. 6-6
157 - Young dec 9-6
165 -Bull dec 12-6
174 - Tossup. I think Kem is better but have to give it to Star due to bad shoulder. 12-9
184 - Brooks dec. 12-12
197 - Tossup. Dean wins this one. Warner gets it done when it counts. 12-15
285 - Tossup. Tony gets it done. 15-15

Iowa wins on criteria. PSU wins if DeSanto can’t go.
This is exactly how I have it going.

PSU- 16 Iowa- 15
Berge is not beating Young or Bull, bank that.

All of our wives believe we are idiots for spending the time we do on these boards.

You guys are wagering on Young Berge when they are at 2 different weights.
Right. I’m not 100% certain where Berge will end up. If he’s descending, I doubt he’s there by the dual (and I would then also doubt he even wrestles the dual). We’ll have a better idea on Berge in another month.

Dammit all. I knew there was a catch.
Hey Phil do you make it to downtown ATL much? Going down next week for an annual conference and wondering if you have any recommendations for places to eat or something I need to see that I haven’t so far.

since you are new here I will explain the cesspool rules.... all threads must be hijacked by second page. Failure to comply will result in suspension- 83% of the time.

Reactions: smalls103
This may be Schriever‘s only chance at starting. If Spencer’s back next year then you’d think Ayala is at 133. If Schriever goes 141 then I think he keeps Henson on the bench. Have they ever wrestled? I think all these guys end up going up a weight so it’ll work itself out but someone is going to have to sit eventually.
Then the next year ya have jesuroga.

Reactions: Jrjt0518
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT